Anyone feel bad for Paige van Zandt?

No i detest entitled people.  

GnP Sonnen -

Where are the pics 

UG doesn't follow the rules anymore.

Not even a little.

She spent her time getting implants and insta-whoring.

She should have been learning how to get out of a headlock. She’s a 4 year white belt.

Zero drive to train apparently.

1 Like
Whambo -
dangerboy12 -
TAPES -
dangerboy12 - She lost by armbar

Very few UFC level fighters still lose by armbar

I don’t feel bad for her

Lol what? Arm bars are still a prevalent technique. This is one of the dumber comments I’ve heard

Yeah ok, name all of the good active fighters who have lost by armbar in the last few years.

Hell name 1.

Modern era active fighters that have been finished by Armbar in the UFC

Ray Borg

Ben Henderson

Minotauro

Gomi

Reis

Perry

Chiesa

Harris

Reis, Perry, Borg, Cheisa, Harris would be within the last few years, the others were within 7 or so I think.

I'm sure there are many more, those were just ones I came up with quickly.

the first five guys not being in the ufc anymore doesnt bode well, the first four possibly being retired really doesnt help either

Her Fighting skill is sub par....She is scrappy, but she got most of her sucsess due to her looks and the push she got from Uncle Dana and the UFC. They marketed her and she gained jobs and notice off that.

She got more from the UFC than they got from her.

Not only no, but hell no. She's just a user. She used the UFC to push her career as an e-thot. She should be ashamed of herself.

Last 3 girls she beat have records of 4-5, 7-8 & 5-5.

She got far more off her ability than girls that are better fighters.

I’m happy for her. But she has zero to complain about.

1 Like

I don't feel bad for her.  It was her time to go.  She wasn't "set up".  If you have to be matched up favorably with other similarly or less-skilled opponents in order to get wins, you probably don't belong in the world's top organization to begin with.

I said it on another thread- Paige always showed up with a ton of heart and fought to the best of her abilities.  Those abilities just aren't enough at that level and the delta will continue to grow as more Amanda Ribas's start coming up the ranks.

She's photogenic and can probably succeed elsewhere, but the UFC thing has run its course. 

now shes likely to get something between a 400% and 1000% pay raise, I dont think we need to feel bad about her. Hope she gets paid, UFC should have did so long ago, huge mistake on their part.

Haulinbass -
Whambo -
dangerboy12 -
TAPES -

I don’t feel bad for her

Lol what? Arm bars are still a prevalent technique. This is one of the dumber comments I’ve heard

Yeah ok, name all of the good active fighters who have lost by armbar in the last few years.

Hell name 1.

Ray Borg

Ben Henderson

Minotauro

Gomi

Reis

Perry

Chiesa

Harris

Reis, Perry, Borg, Cheisa, Harris would be within the last few years, the others were within 7 or so I think.

the first five guys not being in the ufc anymore doesnt bode well, the first four possibly being retired really doesnt help either

Are you saying those guys aren't skilled? Because that was the whole point of his comment, skilled fighters don't get armbarred anymore.

D241 - 

I think she gets some unjust hate.  People act like she doesn't belong without taking things into consideration. 

If she didn't belong, she would never have won a fight in the UFC, but that's not the case. 

I can't remember against who, but I recall a PVZ fight where it was an all out war, and at the end Paige was beat, bloodied, and bruised, but that little firecracker kept fighting throughout the fight, despite how momemtum wasn't on her side. 

Looks and her instagram is all secondary to me.  Can you fight?  Do you give up when the going gets bad?  She passes both test to me.  Not by any means am I suggesting she's a top level fighter, but I don't think the hate is justified from the mma fans. 

She’s not a bad fighter, but if we look at who she beat in the UFC, it’s all people who were either cut, or are barely hanging on…Ostovich, Rawlings, Chambers, Herrig & Curran. Felice is the only one who has a winning record currently.

And when we look at who she’s lost to, Ribas (round 1), Jessica rose clarke (9-6 record and went the distance), Waterson (Round 1), Rose (sub in round 5, but it was a fun fight)…keep in mind on Rose, she was 3-2 going into the fight at 23 years old, so we’re not talking about the current version of Rose.

PVZ isn’t a bad fighter, but the way she acts like the UFC somehow did her dirty by not paying her “what she’s worth” is kinda nuts. The only reason she made $ on dancing with the stars and all that other shit is because they gave her winnable fights that allowed her to start her UFC career 4-1, and gave her placement on fight cards that made her seem legit. Her vs Felice was a main card fight on big fox, not FS1…and it was her 3rd UFC fight.

The UFC was great to her.

2 Likes
Rickmassmma -
D241 - 

I think she gets some unjust hate.  People act like she doesn't belong without taking things into consideration. 

If she didn't belong, she would never have won a fight in the UFC, but that's not the case. 

I can't remember against who, but I recall a PVZ fight where it was an all out war, and at the end Paige was beat, bloodied, and bruised, but that little firecracker kept fighting throughout the fight, despite how momemtum wasn't on her side. 

Looks and her instagram is all secondary to me.  Can you fight?  Do you give up when the going gets bad?  She passes both test to me.  Not by any means am I suggesting she's a top level fighter, but I don't think the hate is justified from the mma fans. 

She’s not a bad fighter, but if we look at who she beat in the UFC, it’s all people who were either cut, or are barely hanging on…Ostovich, Rawlings, Chambers, Herrig & Curran. Felice is the only one who has a winning record currently.

And when we look at who she’s lost to, Ribas (round 1), Jessica rose clarke (9-6 record and went the distance), Waterson (Round 1), Rose (sub in round 5, but it was a fun fight)…keep in mind on Rose, she was 3-2 going into the fight at 23 years old, so we’re not talking about the current version of Rose.

PVZ isn’t a bad fighter, but the way she acts like the UFC somehow did her dirty by not paying her “what she’s worth” is kinda nuts. The only reason she made $ on dancing with the stars and all that other shit is because they gave her winnable fights that allowed her to start her UFC career 4-1, and gave her placement on fight cards that made her seem legit. Her vs Felice was a main card fight on big fox, not FS1…and it was her 3rd UFC fight.

The UFC was great to her.

Also I think Ostovich was getting the better of her

You will never convince me that someone who doesn’t know how to escape a schoolyard headlock is a good fighter.

PVZ has heart. Yes. But she does not have the skill to fight in the UFC.

hermanitor - You will never convince me that someone who doesn't know how to escape a schoolyard headlock is a good fighter.

PVZ has heart. Yes. But she does not have the skill to fight in the UFC.

answer: noogies or Chinese burn 

Not one bit. It would be one thing if she lost but took the fight seriously, had been trained and in shape, but she didnt. Second, she wasnt talking about the actual fight, was only talking about testing free agency and money during fight week, knowing she wasnt ready to fight. She was likely hoping the UFC would offer prefight as to not lose her, but she overestimated her value. Lastly, while financially it might make sense, shes a lot less attractive as a human and as a fighter after the boob job mid fight career (not that my opinion matters here). It's hard to take her or wmma seriously when the women are getting fucking boob jobs the second they get a some fame. Just imagine for a second if a male ufc fighter who just hit the top 15, got pec implants for their depleted pec muscles the second they had some notoriety. They would be a joke and in no way respected. Look up Jorge kahwagi as an example. It hurts the sport when top level females do it. So no, no sympathy for pvz as she isnt good for the long term health of wmma, or the ufc at large. She should retire and be grateful for the push she received from ufc. If she wasnt a ufc fighter, she wouldnt enjoy the life she currently lives and would have the "regular job" she claims would have earned her the same amount she has earned being in the ufc. Peace PVZ, you won't be missed.

Whambo -
Haulinbass -
Whambo -
dangerboy12 -
TAPES -

I don’t feel bad for her

Hell name 1.

Ray Borg

Ben Henderson

Minotauro

Gomi

Reis

Perry

Chiesa

Harris

Are you saying those guys aren't skilled? Because that was the whole point of his comment, skilled fighters don't get armbarred anymore.

skill wasnt the point being debated, the point was made not many of this generation of fighters fall to an armbar, the counterpoint was a bunch of fighters from the last generation as an example. Seeeing how the topic was modern fighters not getting caught i thought it was odd the argument was to mention a bunch of guys who are retired or not in the ufc anymore. 

Haulinbass -
Whambo -
Haulinbass -
Whambo -
dangerboy12 -
TAPES -

I don’t feel bad for her

Hell name 1.

Ray Borg

Ben Henderson

Minotauro

Gomi

Reis

Perry

Chiesa

Harris

skill wasnt the point being debated, the point was made not many of this generation of fighters fall to an armbar, the counterpoint was a bunch of fighters from the last generation as an example. Seeeing how the topic was modern fighters not getting caught i thought it was odd the argument was to mention a bunch of guys who are retired or not in the ufc anymore. 

Oh I get it... i'm talking with an idiot.

Perry is active and just fought and won against a solid BJJ guy as I believe the co-main event.

Harris is the #10 HW.

Ray Borg is in his prime and fought for the title within the last few years.

Cheisa is #8 in his division and is widely regarded as one of the best grapplers in his division.

Reis fought for the belt within the last few years.

Minotauro was put in just because he was considered one of the best BJJ guys and even he still gets caught.

Just another dork on here that wants to make arguments for arguments sake.

Shes pretty much female Sage Northcutt. Pushed too early and too far based off her looks. Got an over inflated sense of her worth and gambled it. Unfortunately she lost. She will either need to take a pay cut and work on being a better fighter ( not a better Instagram influencer ) or move on to Bellator for more money, less competition , less accomplished fighter but more time to hit up Instagram

Snakey89 -

Shes pretty much female Sage Northcutt. Pushed too early and too far based off her looks. Got an over inflated sense of her worth and gambled it. Unfortunately she lost. She will either need to take a pay cut and work on being a better fighter ( not a better Instagram influencer ) or move on to Bellator for more money, less competition , less accomplished fighter but more time to hit up Instagram

pay cut? Bellator will pay her x4 if not x10 her current salary lol 

She gets paid to post on Instagram so no