Apple Cider Vinegar

curious to see how many people use this regularly as a supplement. throw in your opinions and thoughts

Apparently very, very good for you. Is rich in potassium, which is to the soft tissues in the body, as calcium is to bone. Can make your own oil / vinegar dressing for salads, using this and olive oil....excellent mix. I drink an 8 oz glass of hot water, with a little honey mixed in, and a couple teaspoons of ACV, usually once day. There is a book out, by Paul Bragg ( probably get it at most health food stores ), explaining the benefits of ACV. I think Paul Bragg was the one who got Jack Lalanne into a healthy lifestyle...............

yeah ive read the Bragg book along with Colbert's Toxic Relief. I could do without the long winded poetic speeches about his euphoric bowel movements tho lol. I've been on it and Spirulina for awhile now, ive always felt great anyway and ive never really had a history of sickness so i can really say i felt great after taking cuz i felt great before. i do take better dumps tho when i use it consistently. its great for fasting days too.

i usualy take the acv with my creatine cuz it nullifies the tatse and exture of the creatine. any issues ya think with mixing creatine and acv?

and if hippocrates used to prescribe this to his patients and it worked why do doctors nowadays not even look at it?

Just weird.

What is it about apple cider vinegar composition that differentiates it from conventional vinegar for the purpose of these alleged health benefits? Just curious.

i use it every day in my salad dressing.

apple cider vinegar has good bacteria and enzymes in it. conventinal vinegar is "distilled". It has nothing living in it. It actually kills living things. thats why it good to clean things with it. Kills bacteria like Lysol.

There is a book out, by Paul Bragg ( probably get it at most health food stores ), explaining the benefits of ACV.

Paul Bragg was a grade A snake oil salesman.  Period.

His daughter is following closely in his footsteps.

Paul Bragg was a grade A snake oil salesman. Period.

Do I agree with everything he has to say. No but I would not call him a snake oiler. He all but founded what we know of today as the health foods industry and his angels in the apple cider vinegar, fasting, raw honey and soy aminos are all things that are very good for you. He also lived a very healthy life and was vibrant and active up until he died an accidental deth at 96 yrs old...and at 96 was probably in better shape than 99% of america at 46

Yes he was a little fanatical and liked to talk about his bowel movements in great details. But what is so snake oil about living a healthy organic lifestyle free of drugs and artificial garbage

What is the alleged difference between conventional vinegar, and apple cider vinegar?

But what is so snake oil about living a healthy organic lifestyle free of drugs and artificial garbage

Because all he did was take conventional knowledge about health and repackage it in quasi-religious wrapping in order to entice people to buy the book AND all the wondorous formulas that he preached about. And 100% of his 'testimonials' about the 'miracles' of fasting, etc. are far-fetched made-up bullshit backed up by absolutely no documentation, research, or evidence.

He did what he did not out of some urge to bring better health to people, he did it because it sold. "Let me tell you about the wonders of Apple Cider Vinegar! By the way, I'll sell you a bottle for $19.95!"

Disingenous at best.

"By the way, I'll sell you a bottle for $19.95!"

but it only costs $2.50

"Paul Bragg was a grade A snake oil salesman. Period."

Yes, but he could take a dump that would clog a pipe as wide as an infant is long. THAT my friend is indisputable.

Furey even talks to the ghost of his poop.

i take apple cider vinegar when i have an upset stomach. its helps alot.

Apple cider vinegar works pretty well for upset stomach and heartburn. Miracle cure? Probably not. But try it the next time you have heartburn. You might be surprised.

You may not agree with him but he practiced what he preached. He may have been quite zealous about it and a little religious nutty but if youre passionate be passionate. Jack Lalane was just as whacky and passionate about exercise as Bragg was about nutrition.

BTW the qt sized bottle of Bragg ACV is usually around $3.50-$4.00. In fact his products are very well priced compared to others in the field.

What is the alleged difference between conventional vinegar, and apple cider vinegar?

Regular clear vinegar is distilled, filtered numerous times sometimes pasteurized whereas th real ACV is like the difference between juicing your own apples and buying a bottle of Motts apple juice. It has everything in it that is supposed to be in it. Nothing is added or removed

So what... it's all antedotal evidence. Beer makes me feel good too and if I want to I can buy it unfiltered (rather have a PBR) with all the live yeasty goodness. So what if the lived to be 96, George Burns lived a long life drinking bourbon and smoking cigars.

Don't sweet the small stuff, work hard and enjoy life.

yeah and acid will make you feel good too as it rots away your brain.

the foundation of his whole lifes work was exercise, keep your body clean and live as natural a life as possible. I don/t plan on going on a 10+ day distilled water only fast as I dont see the benefit of such a length, doesnt mean I don't agree with some of his ideas

There is a book out, by Paul Bragg ( probably get it at most health food stores ), explaining the benefits of ACV. I think Paul Bragg was the one who got Jack Lalanne into a healthy lifestyle...............

Ridiculous. I don't care about a book made for earning cash or anything about a genetic freak like Lalanne.

Are you so naive that you think you'll be able to tug boats from alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf with your hands tied if you just start drinking celery juice?

I didnt say that. Nor do I think i can leg press 2000lbs by drinking a protein shake.

Lalane may be a freak but he wasn't alaways like that in fact he almost died when he was 17. Around that time was when he met Bragg who intstructed him how to live a healthy life...and the rest if history. He may have had the pre disposition for it but without a healthy lifestyle he wouldn't have come anywhere near fulfilling his potential

Ridiculous. I don't care about a book made for earning cash or anything about a genetic freak like Lalanne.

The same thing should then apply to doctors since they are only in it for the money. Any prescription drugs too since they are also only in it for the money. ACV has been around since Hipocrates and has been used medicinally since that time and probably before even. Bragg just took that and the res of his lifestyle a little to the nutty side

Ancient doctors also recommended leeching and bloodletting.