ATTN WRESTLENOW

"So if going against a wrestler, don't let em get the takedown. Pull guard and the wrestler is screwed basically."

Its all theoretical at this point but I doubt he'd be screwed. He could wait for you to open your guard, scramble out and then you are back to a situation where he knows what you want to do and still has better takedowns and takedown defense. You'd best sweep,submit or stay active with attempts enough to get advantages. Also better hope hes one of the few wrestlers who was never shown a can opener or better know the defenses for 'em.

Tito (White Belt/First sub event/ADCC) vs Cumprido (World Champion/Best at the time)

Jacare vs Couture Wrestler/White Belt/First time ever competing sub event)

Papovich vs Diego Sanchez (Wrestler/White Belt)

Ricco at ADCC the years his BJJ rank wasnt high level vs BJJ Black Belts

do some studying and go to your local JC, doesnt have to be D1 and let us know how it went. Make sure you do your best at suckering them into wearing robes

Delusional? I'd say so

just pull guard, lmfao

^^^ Oh yeah, cuz I'm sure Tito, Randy and Diego didn't do any no-gi BJJ training for those events.

Diego doesn't train under Saulo Ribiero, Randy doesn't train under Neil Melanson, Tito didn't use BJJ to win his last fight vs Bader. They're just wrestlers and don't know of or train any BJJ. Lol, c'mon man.

TheBulgarianAssassin - 
uglee - 
TheBulgarianAssassin - 
Chris Toher -  If you ever have a div 1 wrestler come to your school and you are an average two year blue belt be prepared for a beatin you will not soon forget. If he trains with your school for six months he will beat some of your purples. Nuf said

FYI I say all of this as a Black Belt in BJJ so I am not just blowing smoke. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

There's been wrestlers that have come to school where I train, don't know what division they wrestled in tho. Not sure why it'll matter cuz I clearly stated that I'd get taken down even by a shitty wrestler. That's your opinion but I feel like 2 years of BJJ would be enough to beat anyone in BJJ (same weight) that hasn't trained BJJ. I don't see how being a good wrestler would help in defending triangles, armbars, leg locks, gogoplatas and so on.

right your right of course if the other guy has no expierance in your sport you'll win. Thats not even a debate. what you fail to grasp is that once the wrestler has 6 mounths expierance maybe less depending on who and how much they train your toast dude. This is not because of the greatness of wrestling but because all those things like body awareness and mat aweareness and hip movement and hip control and on and on that took you and most others 6 mounths or a year to get used too the wrestleers been doing his whole life plus there are a ton of moves and movements that cross through both sports. the simply fact is the wrestler is years ahead of you on the learning curve. Deal with it

Okay so a wrestler will have an easier time learning BJJ than the average Joe. I agree with that. But people are saying that a high level wrestler without BJJ experience would be able to beat a BJJ guy which is rediculious.

high leval wrestler without bjj expierance smashes white belts and will give a blue all he wants for a while before eventual getting caught but the blue will know he was in it. all other belt ranks would own the wrestler. wRESTLING AND BJJ ARE in my opinion the perfect combonation and I would rather learn from the d1 wrestler then have hurt feelings cause he got better quicker.

Look at this years Mundial winners in the black belt divisions. According to your logic, some wrestler should be able to take em down and lay'n'pray his way to victory. Not gonna happen.

Look at this year's ADCC competitor list. The only wrestler I see is Jared Rosholt in this +99 kg category and I highly doubt that he's winning that division or even medaling. What do you think?

"wRESTLING AND BJJ ARE in my opinion the perfect combonation and I would rather learn from the d1 wrestler then have hurt feelings cause he got better quicker. "

Bulgarian, you have no business on this thread, your newbyness in shinning through. Diego didnt even know Saulo at that point, Randys ground coach isnt a BJJ player and TIto using a choke to win Bader has nothing to do with being called 1 day before ADCC a decade before that fight to fly in and compete and he never took a BJJ class before.

youre trying to fit in but its not working. Those are wrestlers. The same can be said with their opponents using your logic, they've been trainining wrestling takedowns since their first BJJ class but most the time have to butt flop vs those guys, like Jacare did vs Couture.

nice try but youre done now

and of course they learn Jiu Jitsu for their fights, thats not the debate here

judo or wrestling to add to your bjj stick with one of those and stfu.

Handy was a wee bit bigger than Jacare. Randy has trained BJJ before and probably did before he went against Jacare. I wouldn’t ever consider Chuck Liddell a BJJ machine in his prime but he brought in high level BJJ instructors years ago to teach him how to avoid bad spots/subs/etc..  And a wrestler isnt going to enter the Mundials because the Gi mitigates their ability to scramble. Its the primary reason so many wrestlers dislike Gi training. 

Bulgarian, no-gi/submission matches are sport matches. And a wrestler who has been doing sport matches since they started isn’t going to be lost in one. Especially if they are smart and know the rules to exploit/what to avoid.

MickColins -  Bulgarian, no-gi/submission matches are sport matches. And a wrestler who has been doing sport matches since they started isn’t going to be lost in one. Especially if they are smart and know the rules to exploit/what to avoid.

Yeah, a wrestler with BJJ experience would do good. A wrestler straight outta college without BJJ experience would get submitted easy.

Bulgarian u just dont get it and its obvious you never will. No one on here is saying a wrestler can beat a brown or a black so stop your mundial examples. A division one wrester will beat 90% of blue belts in a competition with one month of experience. That is a fact. Deal with it. If you want to write that its not true then you are just showing your ignorance about ground fighting in general. Move on to another thread before people just start ignoring every post u make.

hes just never rolled with a D1 wrestler, if he had then hed know.

wrestlenow is trainjudo. he posted on a UG thread and forgot to log out of his troll account

although they're both troll accounts !

Train Judo is very real bro.

Chris Toher - Bulgarian u just dont get it and its obvious you never will. No one on here is saying a wrestler can beat a brown or a black so stop your mundial examples. A division one wrester will beat 90% of blue belts in a competition with one month of experience. That is a fact. Deal with it. If you want to write that its not true then you are just showing your ignorance about ground fighting in general. Move on to another thread before people just start ignoring every post u make.

Okay, let's just say that a D1 wrestler beats a BJJ blue belt. How do you think he beats him? By getting points from a takedown and stalling. I think each competitor's goal should be to try and submit the other guy. That's what the sport is about. It's one thing to try to submit the guy and fail and still win on points and it's another thing to be a point fighter. I'm a fan of going for a submission. That's what I like.

Oh and Bibiano Fernades (BJJ black belt) armbarred Joe Warren (high level wrestler) 2 years ago in MMA. U mad?

hiptosser - Next your are gonna tell us how easy it is to sweep D1 wrestlers or play rubber guard because they dont learn how to pass.

Next you're gonna tell me how good a D1 wrestler's armbar defense, triangle escape and passing guard skills are. They can get real good... if they train BJJ. Without jiu jitsu, they ain't that good.

Bibiano Fernandes vs Joe Warren video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1XFWe0DPE

hiptosser - Didn't you start this same about about Judo and your fake Judo tourney?

What Judo tourney? I don't do Judo, wtf?

raleigh - Train Judo is very real bro.

I always liked jacktown judoka better Phone Post