Bellator Salaries are comical

CindyO -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The difference is the UFC controls 90% of the market share and are highly profitable. Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't rub you a little wrong that Viacom, a multi-billion dollar corporation (worth waaaaaaaaaay more than Zuffa) and majority owner of Bellator, pays most of their athletes wages they cannot live on even though they can afford top make ALL of them millionaires tomorrow if they wanted to? LOL@ them paying ANY of their guys only $1,500!

Cindy

See my post above. Phone Post 3.0

rampage281 - Phisher learn how to read and comprehend buddy. I never said that! Onto some Salaries...
Tito-300k
Bonnar-100k
Brooks-62k(31 and 31)
Chandler-25k
Melvin-10k
King Mo-10k
Nam Phan-$5,600 Phone Post 3.0

Melvin Guillard only made 10K (or was their another Melvin)? Was that before or after his fine? I can't find WSOFs pay article:(

Cindy

That was Melvin Manhoef Phone Post 3.0

CindyO - 
rampage281 - Phisher learn how to read and comprehend buddy. I never said that! Onto some Salaries...
Tito-300k
Bonnar-100k
Brooks-62k(31 and 31)
Chandler-25k
Melvin-10k
King Mo-10k

Melvin Guillard only made 10K (or was their another Melvin)? Was that before or after his fine? I can't find WSOFs pay article:(

Cindy

Manhoef :)

In the end, I made the post not to make people choose sides(or defend an org), I just wanted to point out how some UGers love to shit on the UFC, but have numerous excuses for Bellator Phone Post 3.0

Dougie - 

I can't believe they paid Tito for that much for such a poor exibition. King Mo is right. If Tito fights like that vs other 205ers Tito is going to have a nap.

That's probably the best Tito has fought in years, he still had some left in the tank after 3 rounds where he usually gasses by end of second. Not knocking Tito as he's had a great career and can still sell a fight but that is the best Tito you will see, he isn't going to get better at this point.

You get paid what you're worth as shitty as it may sound

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
UGCTTN00B -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
UGCTTN00B -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The difference is the UFC controls 90% of the market share and are highly profitable. Phone Post 3.0

That's no excuse for a billion dollar corporation like Viacom to underpay guys who are destroying themselves for nothing. If the market is going to change and be competitive, Bellator should be handing out bigger paydays.
I think you missed the point of my post.

Just because Viacom has a lot of money doesn't mean they are willing to allocate that money to supplement fighter pay. They will pay guys according to what Bellator brings in to remain profitable. Increase in fighter pay needs to start with the Industry leader, the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

No, I got your point. And I stand by mine. The question isn't whether Viacom wants to, it's about how they should be paying out more. Just because Zuffa controls the MMA market doesn't excuse Viacom paying guys less than what guys on local shows make. Viacom's bank account isn't going to break by paying prelim guys a minimum $8k a fight. And the UFC isn't going to pay more if they see Bellator paying their guys nothing.
Those prelim fighters are just guys from the regional circuit and they most likely won't be making more than 3-4k a fight anywhere else. What you are suggesting is comparable to wanting the CFL to pay their players as much as the NFL.

It doesn't matter that Viacom owns Bellator because they operate independently. On top of that, Viacom is a public company and shareholders will not sit idly if they were to supplement large fighter salaries to a subsidiary that doesn't make any money. Phone Post 3.0

Not really. I also think Zuffa should pay their guys more too. The thing about Bellator/Viacom is they're the CFL, but some guys are getting paid like they were low-level XFL players.

It's obvious Viacom put more money into Bellator last night judging by the production. They had to have dropped at least $150k-$200k on the entire thing. They also spent tons of money on the Ortiz/Bonnar fight alone that I doubt their shareholders would've been super thrilled about. Some of that money could've been spent on the under card guys instead though so they wouldn't be making less than the $4k a fight you say they could make fighting elsewhere. Regardless of who picks where the budget is spent, Bellator/Viacom should be spending more on fighters. Nam Phan making $5,600 for a Spike TV main card fight on a major event is embarrassing when he made $10k for his last UFC appearances that were on Fight Pass.

Bottom line, MMA organizations need to pay their fighters more. Be it UFC or Bellator. Neither organization seems to be paying close to what their athletes should be getting.

FETT_the geek - 
CindyO - 
Tito-300k
Bonnar-100k
Brooks-62k(31 and 31)
Chandler-25k
Melvin-10k
King Mo-10k

Cindy

Manhoef :)

Ah, thanks Geek and rampage.

Cindy

CindyO - 
UGCTTN00B - 
whooleeo - Idk if people realize this but, bmma doesnt bring nearly as much money as the ufc, instead of looking at simple numbers, people shooks look at how much the org brings in and how much they distribute to the fighters, thats the real way to measure it, u cant give out more than u have for long or else youll go under, idk how current this is but i read that the ufc pays out around 7 precent (no source)of how much they bring in, idk what bellator numbers look like but id bet serious cash that its more than the ufc, percentage wise of course.

Viacom brings in billions a year. They can afford to pay their fighters a minimum of $8k-$10k a fight. Paying fighters less than Zuffa does (let's be honest, there's no way Zuffa is as loaded as Viacom) also drives down the asking price for fighters trying to come up.

Viacom needs to throw money towards the fighters to put pressure on Zuffa business wise.

Ha! I could have saved myself  post. Glad someone gets it. Wages is what Scott needs to change, IMO.

Cindy

<3 for u Cindy.

King Mo only made $10,000 (DISCLOSED) for his title fight with Emanuel Newton as well:

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/final-bellator-106-salaries-eddie-alvarez-tops-payroll-with-160k

Eddie Alvarez: $160,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Chandler: $95,000

Emanuel Newton: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Muhammed Lawal: $10,000

Daniel Straus: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Pat Curran: $40,000

Joe Riggs: $100,000 (includes $95,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Bronzoulis: $5,000

Mike Richman: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
def. Akop Stepanyan: $3,000

Jesse Juarez: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Williams: $3,000

Cristiano “Soldier Boy” Souza: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
def. Alejandro Garcia: $2,000

Brandon Halsey: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)
def. Hector Ramirez: $7,000

Mike Guymon: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
def. Aaron Miller: $4,000

Cleber Luciano: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Camacho: $2,000

Josh Smith: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
def. Darren Smith: $1,500

I_AM_THE_CAWKSUCKER - Damn king mo only gets Ten? That's fuxking terrible. I make more than most if these guys Phone Post 3.0

What did he pay those girls $50 each?

100000000% WRONG. Believe some of those you're crazy. Phone Post 3.0

Can we just agree that both ufc and bellator salaries are comical Phone Post 3.0

Something is up with those reported payouts as the reason the paygrade for top LWs went up so much for guys like Benson, Melendez and Alvarez is directly because of the contract Chandler signed with Bellator after beating Eddie.

When Benson was champ he saw what Eddie and Chandler were being offered in Bellator and realised he wasnt making near that so he demanded a new contract and got it.

comeonman1 -
Dougie - 

I can't believe they paid Tito for that much for such a poor exibition. King Mo is right. If Tito fights like that vs other 205ers Tito is going to have a nap.

That's probably the best Tito has fought in years, he still had some left in the tank after 3 rounds where he usually gasses by end of second. Not knocking Tito as he's had a great career and can still sell a fight but that is the best Tito you will see, he isn't going to get better at this point.

I'm trying to give Tito credit because he didn't fight a bad fight, but Bonnar looked like he didn't even train for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

TomDeBlass , 43
4 minutes ago
100000000% WRONG. Believe some of those you're crazy.
I agree, but some of these fan boys love to shit on the UFC for the pay and they never want to believe that the pay is comically wrong for both org's Phone Post 3.0

That being said. Yes payment is fairly low for many fighters. But if you think a guy like Mo is getting paid 10 grand you're nuts. Phone Post 3.0

Machamp - Can we just agree that both ufc and bellator salaries are comical Phone Post 3.0
Based on what? they have a business model they have to follow to remain profitable. Look at all the promotions that came in, promised all this money.....where are they now....UFC Fight Pass.

I'm not going to judge or criticize a pay roll because I have no idea what kind of overhead each show has. Phone Post 3.0

Thacommish...the CFL is the B League. Some of these knowledgeable UGers love to argue that this is not true and/or love shitting on the UFC. Yet now they complain that they're "just starting out or they're not yet profitable" Phone Post 3.0