Best strikers in UFC today (GIFS)

Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
FABER

Types of Successful Strikes
60% Standing
Striking Defense
66%The percentage of total strikes avoided

BARAO
Types of Successful Strikes
88% Standing

Striking Defense
65%The percentage of total strikes avoided
pj_benn - 
SakuEar -
pj_benn -  Stopped reading after gsp Phone Post

I think GSP's striking is extremely underrated, and I would put him up there with the best in MMA. the way he uses his jab to set up takedowns, his leg kicks, and high kicks, His straight punches, everything about his striking game is crisp, tight, accurate, and powerful. The guy is very misrepresented by many fans as being a "Lay and Pray" fighter, when he is seriously one of the most technical, talented, and cerebral fighters in the game today. He is amazing to watch, and always entertains me.

I never said his striking was horrible. Yeah sure he has a good jab and uses his strikes well to set up tds. But this thread is supposedly about the BEST strikers in the ufc, and gsp is not one of them Phone Post

He is a Kyokushin karate black belt, his boxing was highly touted by Freddie Roach and his taekwondo is pretty good aswell with his spinning back kicks and side kicks. His striking is really good and a part of it that no one gives him credit for is his defense/movement. GSP has great stand up, but its not nearly as good as the likes of Silva or Penn. That said, he is still one of the best. Take it or leave it.

I love watching Dominick Cruz fight. He's rediculous.

Dr_Perci -

Indeed. Sucks he's gonna be out so long :( Phone Post

Anderson P Sonnen - 
Dr_Perci -

Ugh, i know! a second surgery?! by the time he gets back in the octagon, he will have been out for probably 2 years! It sucks that he is just wasting his prime away being injured. I hope they just do Barao vs McDonald for the interim belt. Barao better buck up and fight somebody.

SakuEar -
Anderson P Sonnen - 
Dr_Perci -

Ugh, i know! a second surgery?! by the time he gets back in the octagon, he will have been out for probably 2 years! It sucks that he is just wasting his prime away being injured. I hope they just do Barao vs McDonald for the interim belt. Barao better buck up and fight somebody.

Couldn't of said it better myself ;) Would love to see that fight. Usually Brazilians don't just wait around and not fight. They are known for their old school just scrap mentality.So yeah, I think Renan will fight in the mean time.

Hopefully Dominic comes back strong though. That's a huge lay-off :/ Phone Post

Renan has said he wants to wait for Dom, but since he has to get that second surgery, maybe he will realize he can't just waste away on the sidelines holding a fake belt. The guy needs to prove himself. Mcdonald vs Renan is the fight to make in the BW division, and to me, is more exciting than either Dom vs Mcdonald OR Renan vs Dom. I see Renan as the most technical all around fighter in the division, and I see McDonald just being a true "new breed" fighter. We will see how he handles someone with the athleticism and technique as Renan. Mcdonald proved himself against Torres, but I would like to see him against someone who still has age and athleticism on his side. I hate to say it, but I think Torres is nearing the end. He really didn't look that great against Moraes (who is great in his own right, and severely underrated). It is a sad day when arguably the greatest bantamweight of all time loses to a guy without a Wikipedia.

SakuEar - Renan has said he wants to wait for Dom, but since he has to get that second surgery, maybe he will realize he can't just waste away on the sidelines holding a fake belt. The guy needs to prove himself. Mcdonald vs Renan is the fight to make in the BW division, and to me, is more exciting than either Dom vs Mcdonald OR Renan vs Dom. I see Renan as the most technical all around fighter in the division, and I see McDonald just being a true "new breed" fighter. We will see how he handles someone with the athleticism and technique as Renan. Mcdonald proved himself against Torres, but I would like to see him against someone who still has age and athleticism on his side. I hate to say it, but I think Torres is nearing the end. He really didn't look that great against Moraes (who is great in his own right, and severely underrated). It is a sad day when arguably the greatest bantamweight of all time loses to a guy without a Wikipedia.

VTFU when I get home, awesome post. Yeah man I really wish Miguel could've kept that mystique and awe he carried in WEC. He got a bad rap in the UFC, losing a sting of fights and having an unlucky twitter episode (twice). Sad thing is, when you fight for as long as Torres did, there's that chance of eventual decline, in which, he obviously endured.

McDonald has impressed me majorly in his recent bouts. No shame in losing to him. Only time will tell of that holds weight, but no shame indeed. Phone Post

That's 2 vote ups for great posting already saku, keep it up homie ;) Phone Post

In Phone Post

Never said he was, your welcome. Phone Post

In Phone Post

Has anyone mentioned Edgar?

e. kaye -

Has anyone mentioned Edgar?

Lol Frankly "The Answer" to that is yes. Phone Post

TTT for more hequests Phone Post

Anderson P Sonnen - 

TTT for more hequests Phone Post

Paul Daley!

3rdLion -
Anderson P Sonnen -  TTT for more hequests Phone Post

Paul Daley!

Well he's not in the UFC today, but I WILL do it anyway. Semtex is a beast. Phone Post

Anderson P Sonnen - 
SakuEar - Renan has said he wants to wait for Dom, but since he has to get that second surgery, maybe he will realize he can't just waste away on the sidelines holding a fake belt. The guy needs to prove himself. Mcdonald vs Renan is the fight to make in the BW division, and to me, is more exciting than either Dom vs Mcdonald OR Renan vs Dom. I see Renan as the most technical all around fighter in the division, and I see McDonald just being a true "new breed" fighter. We will see how he handles someone with the athleticism and technique as Renan. Mcdonald proved himself against Torres, but I would like to see him against someone who still has age and athleticism on his side. I hate to say it, but I think Torres is nearing the end. He really didn't look that great against Moraes (who is great in his own right, and severely underrated). It is a sad day when arguably the greatest bantamweight of all time loses to a guy without a Wikipedia.

VTFU when I get home, awesome post. Yeah man I really wish Miguel could've kept that mystique and awe he carried in WEC. He got a bad rap in the UFC, losing a sting of fights and having an unlucky twitter episode (twice). Sad thing is, when you fight for as long as Torres did, there's that chance of eventual decline, in which, he obviously endured.

McDonald has impressed me majorly in his recent bouts. No shame in losing to him. Only time will tell of that holds weight, but no shame indeed. Phone Post

I just think Miguel never got much better. He became stagnant, which we see with a lot of guys who find success. they feel they can just do the same things they have always done and continue to find success. It doesn't work that way anymore. Miguel should have realized that after he began losing to people who he probably should have beat. Some other people I think of that became stagnant are Shogun, Fedor (although in some ways he devolved into a sloppy brawler when he started fighting in the US), and BJ Penn. These are guys who always needed to go to a different gym, and just get a new perspective. I can't even imagine what would happen if some of these older guys that didn't improve went to some of the big time gyms to train with the best.

Totally agree Saku, to the T. Thanks for gracing my thread with your intellect brotha. Btw, are all these gifs working properly? Some are only a split second long on my phone. Phone Post

Anderson P Sonnen - Totally agree Saku, to the T. Thanks for gracing my thread with your intellect brotha. Btw, are all these gifs working properly? Some are only a split second long on my phone. Phone Post

they seem to be working fine on my computer, for the most part. I have DSL, so it takes a long time to load, so I tend to not wait for gifs to load. Most of them that I have waited to look at work just fine.