Bisping vs Silva? NO. Bipsing vs Weidman.

MarcVanBas - 
liukangstoupee - 
MarcVanBas - 
epwar - 

Yes, Bisping's amazing one fight win streak right now is the stuff championship contenders are made of!

Since when has a win streak had anything to do with getting a UFC title fight????????

Plenty of guys and now add girls to that, get title fights in the UFC on 0 fight win streaks.

The org is an absolute joke with most the star names being over hyped above average fighters at best.

Thank god for boxing and glory.

Dude I love boxing, but don't bring up some of that sport in comparison. The fact that we have to endure Tyson vs. Lewis almost 12 past it's expiry date is a travesty. And lets not forget the Pacman/Mayweather fight that has still not been made and already past expiry date.

Props to Mayweather for taking the Alvarez fight before people starts bitching and whining.

Tyson v LL has nothing to do with the point being made that bisping only has a 1 fight win streak and because of that should not get a title shot, when the facts are that many fighter have been on losing streak and still get UFC title fights and thats a total joke.

And if you wanna talk super fights then unlike boxing The UFC own all the so called best fighters contracts now but yet have put together exactly 0 super fights for the fans.

Its all hype and bullshit my friend and apart from bellator there is now no alternative top mma about.

Maybe it will get better in a few years but in the meantime Thank god for boxing and glory

Really? So you think guys like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva are scrubs and that any weekend warrior will beat their ass?

All fight promoters build up their guys. Hell, Muhammed Ali is touted as a killer YEARS past his prime. Mike Tyson built a reputation as a guy wants to kill his opponents in the ring, yet he never even put a man out where they had to be wheeled out on a stretcher. Mayweather fights always build up his opponents even though we know none of them have much of a chance.

The fight game IS about hype. As bad in boxing as it is in MMA.

MarcVanBas - 
liukangstoupee - 
MarcVanBas - 
liukangstoupee - 
MarcVanBas - 
epwar - 

Yes, Bisping's amazing one fight win streak right now is the stuff championship contenders are made of!

Since when has a win streak had anything to do with getting a UFC title fight????????

Plenty of guys and now add girls to that, get title fights in the UFC on 0 fight win streaks.

The org is an absolute joke with most the star names being over hyped above average fighters at best.

Thank god for boxing and glory.

Dude I love boxing, but don't bring up some of that sport in comparison. The fact that we have to endure Tyson vs. Lewis almost 12 past it's expiry date is a travesty. And lets not forget the Pacman/Mayweather fight that has still not been made and already past expiry date.

Props to Mayweather for taking the Alvarez fight before people starts bitching and whining.

Tyson v LL has nothing to do with the point being made that bisping only has a 1 fight win streak and because of that should not get a title shot, when the facts are that many fighter have been on losing streak and still get UFC title fights and thats a total joke.

And if you wanna talk super fights then unlike boxing The UFC own all the so called best fighters contracts now but yet have put together exactly 0 super fights for the fans.

Its all hype and bullshit my friend and apart from bellator there is now no alternative top mma about.

Maybe it will get better in a few years but in the meantime Thank god for boxing and glory

Really? So you think guys like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva are scrubs and that any weekend warrior will beat their ass?

All fight promoters build up their guys. Hell, Muhammed Ali is touted as a killer YEARS past his prime. Mike Tyson built a reputation as a guy wants to kill his opponents in the ring, yet he never even put a man out where they had to be wheeled out on a stretcher. Mayweather fights always build up his opponents even though we know none of them have much of a chance.

The fight game IS about hype. As bad in boxing as it is in MMA.

What! when did I say AS was a scrub and a weekend warriors would beat his ass???? however the best mma fighters are now jacks of all trades and masters of none.

BUT You are missing MY point or just ignoring it on purpose? that many fighters in the UFC get title shots of 0 wins (which for the top org makes the sport a joke and I don't know how people are blind to this fact) so why would Bisping on a 1 fight win streak mean he can't get a shot????? answer that.

The sport of MMA has evolved so that you have to be well rounded. Look at your "master" of the craft? Roger Gracie (major striking deficiency, Lacks base strength and stamina to contend with top wrestlers).

You still have "masters" of the crafts, they just have a more well rounded base. Anderson Silva and Aldo are still stand up wizards but also have solid base in BJJ and mobility to sprawl and avoid wrestlers.

While UFC does have fighters who get undeserved title shots, so does boxing. Furthermore, usually guys who do get fast tracked are usually brought in with a solid resume from an outside organization (Overeem, Belfort, etc.) or happens as a result of an injury replacement (Korean Zombie). Boxing has it's own shenanigans that are equally frustrating (Mayweather/Marquez tailor made so that marquez is not at his optimum fight weight, The Bradley/Pacquaio BS decision.)

Looking forward to Bisping taking the belt.

People forget Bisping probably has the highest fight IQ in all of MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Looking forward to Bisping taking the belt.

People forget Bisping probably has the highest fight IQ in all of MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Backing up straight from Wand doesn't seem typical of a "Larry Bird of MMA."

...especially in the last seconds of the deciding round.

I don't even.. Is this a giant roll bread?

Bisping has accomplished more than Weidman?

Highest fight IQ in MMA? Pretty sure being on the wrong end of two spectacular, highlight KOs begs to differ.

I'm a fan of Bisping and always enjoy him fight but some of the opinions floating around this place regarding him are pretty funny.

zedlepln - 

How about left towards H-bomb?

Or checking a head kick with his skull?

liukangstoupee - 
zedlepln - 

Plenty of people lost to those guys, Hendo has gone on to beat Fedor ffs, and Vitor KTFO the strikeforce MW champ. Does that make Rockhold and Fedor idiots? Of course not. But because it's Bisping, everyone judges him to a different standard (and lets not forget both those guys are heavy into some TRT, fight iq can only get you far when you're fighting both the guy in the cage and his chemist).

Bisping has some losses, that's what happens when you consistently fight the best guys. He is always up in the mix and ready to take on whoever the UFC put in front of him.

liukangstoupee - 
Frobenius - 
Munk - Much like Great Britain, Bisping is irrelevant in the big picture.

Racism, plain and simple.

Discrimination? yes, Racism no.

He didn't call the man a cracker, or make fun of his color.

Fine, I should have said "xenophobia, plain and simple."

Either way, I think the meaning is obvious.

liukangstoupee - 
zedlepln - 

He's quickly turning into the Leon Lett of MMA.

I shouldn't say that. I like Mike. I just have fun irratating the UK Troll Team.

Frobenius - 
liukangstoupee - 
zedlepln - 

Plenty of people lost to those guys, Hendo has gone on to beat Fedor ffs, and Vitor KTFO the strikeforce MW champ. Does that make Rockhold and Fedor idiots? Of course not. But because it's Bisping, everyone judges him to a different standard (and lets not forget both those guys are heavy into some TRT, fight iq can only get you far when you're fighting both the guy in the cage and his chemist).

Bisping has some losses, that's what happens when you consistently fight the best guys. He is always up in the mix and ready to take on whoever the UFC put in front of him.

Actually no. Your Boy made a comment about his fight IQ, we clearly made some arguments that when it was clearly not being employed. Nobody said it was shameful to lose to Hendo, or Belfort, or Wanderlei. Just that Bisping was not clearly fighting intelligently when he fell of each of those fighters when his Fight IQ clearly failed him because he was doing things that were not smart given the circumstances.

If he were smart, He would circle away from the H-bomb. not cower backwards when Wanderlei charged with his barrage, and checked Belforts high kick when he knew it was coming from the first round. Would those fights have ended differently? Maybe, but clearly those were not the smartest things to do in each of those fights. Hence, his high fight IQ is in question.

deleted.. double post

Bisping has a resting heart rate of 34 bpm. The guy is insanely fit, almost dead, he's a fucking beast.

Add that to his fight IQ and you've effectively got a loaded weapon. Phone Post 3.0

Look, all I'm saying is that Silva's loss has left the MW division in turmoil. This is Bispings chance to grab a shot at the title, and I don't think he should accept anything less. Frankly, if Dana offers him anything less it would be an insult - not just to Bisping, but to the fans.

CanadianGSPFan - 

Bisping's ability to mix it up plus his high-intensity cardiovascular training give him the highest fight IQ in the MW division. Phone Post

His cardio or his ability to "mix it up" does not mean he has high fight IQ.

It means he is well round(ed (I agree) and is in good fighting shape (I also agree).

Having a high fight IQ means he make very little mistakes (not true because he has made many of them, some that were fatal to his title aspirations), or he fights to his opponents weakness (not really, he chose to stand with belfort, left his chin up against guys like Wanderlei and Kang).

If he had a high fight IQ, he would be more like GSP, Rarely tagged, always fight where his opponent is weakest, doesn't walk the direction of power shots.

Bisping has the tools to beat Weidman.

Better striking. Mike wont be clowning around with his hands down.<br /><br />Excellent TDD. Evans & Sonnen couldnt outwrestle him so what chance does Weidman have?

Bisping has never been subbed.

Bisping has the best cardio in MMA, Weidman has yet to prove himself in that regard.

Frobenius - Look, all I'm saying is that Silva's loss has left the MW division in turmoil. This is Bispings chance to grab a shot at the title, and I don't think he should accept anything less. Frankly, if Dana offers him anything less it would be an insult - not just to Bisping, but to the fans.

Silva's loss has not created a turmoil in the MW division. It has crowned a new champion. If anything you will have small LHWs move down because they perceive their title chance being better against Weidman (I think Rashad and Lyoto would rather fight Weidman than Jones, both those guys can probably make the weight cut as well). The MW will be more competitive.

Bisping never earned a title shot before, and never deserved one. Why would that change? If anything, he is expected to knock off a few more competitors to get to the title.

UFC clearly wants a Silva/Weidman rematch. If that falls through, Vitor Belfort is the next guy on the list. Unless Silva doesn't take the rematch, and Belfort is injured in training, Bisping should has no claim to a title shot.

ramit upper - Bisping has the tools to beat Weidman.

Better striking. Mike wont be clowning around with his hands down.<br /><br />Excellent TDD. Evans & Sonnen couldnt outwrestle him so what chance does Weidman have?

Bisping has the best cardio in MMA, Weidman has yet to prove himself in that regard.

Arguing objectively:

Better striking? yes and no. He has better footwork, he may have better technique, but he has a weaker chin.

Excellent TDD? Both guys got him down. He defended their takedowns on a number of occasion, but he never nullified their takedown game entirely. Hence, he lost to both of them.

Never been subbed? I agree, and I also agree he is very resiliant against submissions.

Best Cardio? Please..... Most guys at 155 have better Cardio... Guy also hasn't been in a 5 round fight.

But the most important factor of all:

Michael Bisping has never been a number 1 contender. Hence, your entire argument fails.

liukangstoupee - 
ramit upper - Bisping has the tools to beat Weidman.

Arguing objectively:

Better striking? yes and no. He has better footwork, he may have better technique, but he has a weaker chin.

Excellent TDD? Both guys got him down. He defended their takedowns on a number of occasion, but he never nullified their takedown game entirely. Hence, he lost to both of them.

Never been subbed? I agree, and I also agree he is very resiliant against submissions.

Best Cardio? Please..... Most guys at 155 have better Cardio... Guy also hasn't been in a 5 round fight.

But the most important factor of all:

Michael Bisping has never been a number 1 contender. Hence, your entire argument fails.

Weaker chin? lets see Weidman take an H-bomb or a Vitor head-kick then well talk.

155 guys have better cardio? Even if that were true.. so what? Weidman weighs more than 155.

He got KO by Hendo by circling into his power hand and then did the same thing for ensuing fights