BJ Penn trashes Keith Kizer

mongo54 -  no matter what you think about the grease incident, georges was caught red handed during the fight.  the fight should have been immediately stopped.  there was no way the vaselin could be removed in the ring.

so... it doesnt matter that the outcome would have been the same, but kizer personally catching the corner either intentionally or unintentionally applying grease and not taking action is inexcusable.

Same when Penn eye gouged GSP in the first fight, or grabbed the fence or pants with Hughes, or held onto the choke to long (I think Pulver fight). The problem is that Penn has no problem breaking rules himself, but thinks its a big deal when it goes against him. If he had a clean record probably he'd have gotten a lot more sympathy.

As it is, the rules don't say you stop a fight because of an eye gouge, grabbing the fence, grabbing pants, or grease. In each case you follow the rules as written. Penn was fine with that when he broke the rules, wants it changed when they were broken against him. Its hard to put a good spin on that kind of hypocracy.

Kenny should hire Penn to handle his promotional work. Penn has done so much to set himself up as a heel and put Kenny over as a face that Vince McMahon is probably jealous. And KenFlo didn't even have to lift a finger.

I don't know what it is, but for some strange reason I'm really pulling for Kenny in this fight....

commaman - BJ, whiner maybe, but a guy with basic integrity.

BJ is only doing this for himself and noone else. If he cared this much about fighter safety and following the rules, then he should never have held that choke on Jens Pulver for as long as he did. And he never advocated against any other fighter in any other fight. BJ is all about BJ, and how anyone can believe anything less about the guy at this point is beyond me. 

He did alot of talk before the fight, which is cool. Believe me, I love hype to be built up before a fight. So he did all the correct things needed in order to sell your fight. But, what I personally believe is, he was embarassed once the fight and talking were over. So he had to do all this for his own sake. To make him feel better. 

commaman - "BJ is only doing this for himself and noone else."

Holding oneself to a standard of decent conduct is also about doing something for yourself, and no one else.

It's not about whether you do it for yourself, or for others, but about judgment and what goes into it.

If you can't tell that BJ tries to think about what's right, however self-serving it might end up being, whereas the guy he's questioning doesn't, you're not paying attention or your judgment is dull.

Even Kizer, I think, knows deep down that he's not a guy with any real integrity, and is only after power/influence.

I don't claim that to be anything more than a character judgment, on my part, based on his shit-talking, narcissistic posts, here, over time.
You didn't go anywhere with this post. 

There is a definite difference between genuinely caring for a cause in which you feel you need to partake in, and then using excuses and just saying whatever you can to get your way. The latter of those two being what a spoiled child does in order to get his parents to finally give him what he wants.

JimmersonzGlove - " BJ is only doing this for himself and noone else."

That may be the motivation but it still benefits others. The fact that officials will be much more vigilant of grease now has already made some of this debacle worthwhile.

It's kind of like the UFC getting new states to sanction the sport. Do you really think they're trying to open up NY so Strikeforce can run a show there someday? Of course not, but the work they're doing benefits everyone regardless.

I know. That was more aimed for all the posts I keep reading on the UG of how BJ is doing it for all cheating.

kizer may be shady

but bj just wants to put the blame for his loss on someone besides himself

ranier wolfcastle -  kizer may be shady

but bj just wants to put the blame for his loss on someone besides himself

Exactly. BJ isn't doing anything noble.

TRANE WREACK

That video was funny.

"Kizer is a scumbag straight up..."

Wow, what is your opinion of Keith Kizer based on? Personally, I like Keith, I have spoke with him on multiple occasions and he has always been extremely helpful and professional in his dealings with me. That said, the NSAC needs to formulate rules that prohibit ex commission members (for a prescribed period of time) from working for promotional entities such as Zuffa. As corrupt as things are in Nevada, and Clark County in particular, allowing individuals such as Lorenzo Fertita, Marc Ratner and others, to monetarily profit by running or going to work for Zuffa immediately upon leaving their administrative positions, definitely creates an environment of potential impropriety.

That video is awesome :-)

lol @ BJ's whiteboard to-do list in the video.

BJ said himself he was thinking about retiring after the GSP. Instead of retiring as champ of two weight divisions, BJ got beaten. Now he says he won't fight in Nevada - the place where most UFC events are held.

It seems clear that BJ never thought he could possibly lose. However, reality smashed him in the face. Not wanting to accept that reality, BJ just keeps blaming others and looking for an excuse not to fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out of the Florian fight or basically just gives up. BJ has no heart anymore and is truly living up to his name. It's a shame because at one point he was an awesome fighter.

BJ loves him some BJ

Prepare2Die - BJ is the biggest cry baby in the sport.

I concur

Last guy to say he wouldn't fight under certain conditions was Royce after the Yoshida fight. Said he'd never fight with another Japanese ref again. For the rematch they had Matt Hume ref, and Royce beat the shit out of Yoshida. There's a precedent for not fighting under officials who have screwed you over.

No aura.....simple as that.

ttt for one of Kizer's typically glib answers.

But what did BJ's mother have to say about all of this?

Cindy

CindyO -  But what did BJ's mother have to say about all of this?

Cindy

who cares?