Bo Nickal says Colby Covingtons wrestling is not High Level

Colby has only ever really fought two good MMA wrestlers in his career, Woodley and Usman. He beat Woodley who was already 38 and it was the 2nd to last fight of his MMA career.

So Colby is 0-2 when facing good wrestlers in their prime.

1 Like

Wrestler.

Well yeah I definitely understand that. Just coming out and saying it like that makes it sound like he’s shitting on Colby.

How do you know this?

Glad someone posted this

1 Like

But he isn’t good at boxing techniques

1 Like

Who really gives a shit. No one watches or cares about wrestling. He has no right to speak on Colby until he’s on that level in mma.

3 Likes

One needs to take a test to get into Arizona State? Crazy.

I usually agree with you, but I have to disagree with you here. Colby was the first person to take Usman down. He also out grappled Maia who isn’t a wrestler but has some damn good MMA wrestling and grappling. Colby is top notch when it comes to MMA wrestling. Its not only who he’s beating, but how he’s beating them.

Id put him up there with GSP, Usman as one of the best MMA wrestlers we’ve seen at WW.

He’s definitely not - watch the vid in the op.

RDA is a good MMA wrestler as well.

1 Like

I wonder about people sometimes when they make statements like this. Colby Covington’s skillset has made him into one of the most recognizable fighters on the UFC roster. He has probably made 7 figures during his career.

1 Like

Wikipedia lol

I’ll admit that statement about Colby being 0-2 was true to a degree… it was also simplistic and perhaps did not capture how good Colby’s MMA wrestling is. He lands four takedowns a fight on average and has a 45% completion rate. GSP averaged 4 a fight vs better wrestlers and had 83% takedown completion rate and higher takedown defense by around 10%.

GSP also faced more good takedown artists than Colby… Hughes 3x, Karo, Hieron, Trigg, Sherk, Penn 2x, Koscheck 2x, Fitch, Shields, Hendricks.

http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/73c7cfa551289285

2 Likes

Bos the latest wrestler that’s so high level that he’ll go right to the ufc title!
Like worked back in 2005 and for Henry Cejudo.

But yeah Bend the Knee, my initial statement had a lot of bias in it, I’ll admit it, just not a Covington fan. His shtick is annoying IMO and his his fights are hit and miss, he lacks power and can almost never find a way to finish a fight, very predictable in that regard.

2 Likes

According to that genius Goblin though he is just "some retarded lunkhead wrestler fag” though.

There’s wrestling wrestling and MMA wrestling. They are not the same. GSP probably did not have top level wrestling wrestling but he out wrestled and out fought some highly credentialed wrestlers in MMA. He would have probably lost wrestling matches with all of them. Makes no difference as long as it’s an MMA fight. Colby, as has been pointed out, has used his wrestling to have extraordinary success. I believe if not for Usman, he would be champ.

13 Likes

I would think Colby would beat all the people you have listed. Wrestling is more than just a takedown

2 Likes

I agree. But I do like Colby still, Im super impressed by well conditioned athletes