Bo Nickal says Colby Covingtons wrestling is not High Level

is john your big bear

Yep, and maybe he ends up like Royce Alger, or maybe hes the next big thing. Either way it’s going to be fun as hell watching.

1 Like

As far as wrestling, Nickal would beat him easily. Then again Nickal is a 3x NCAA champion and sort of got screwed out of making a world and Olympic team by some behind the scenes stuff. Colby never got anywhere near that level of wrestling.

Also I don’t know if ASU ever tried recruiting him, but if he couldn’t get accepted to a school with an 83% acceptance rate, that is pretty impressive. Oh and I am an ASU graduate too.

3 Likes

Colby was an All American for Oregon State. Bo would still pin him.

2 Likes

And Colby would beat Bo down in a cage.

Neither one of them is competiting in wrestling anymore so who has the advantage here?

Yeah I’d say that’s a safe bet. Unrelated to what I said, but ok.

1 Like

Yeah? Ok then, if you want to get technical what you said was unrelated to the topic. Bo was talking about Colby’s level of wrestling skil as a coach for Jorge. He never said anything about him wrestling Colby, but ok. Ok? :roll_eyes:

I responded to a comment about where they WRESTLED in college. Fuck all to do with MMA. Did either fight MMA for Penn State or Oregon State? No? Then what the fuck are you still shitposting at me for? Never seen a comment from you before and you’ve already cemented yourself as a total fucking retard, go have fake arguments with Nytron on the OG is that’s your schtick.

1 Like

Sheesh.:grimacing:

Doesn’t Bo fight at 185?

GSP wrestled the shit out of 4 time All American Josh Koscheck- - think about tgat

1 Like

I think he would beat most of them in wrestling matches. Here he is versus NCAA D1 runner up Otto Olson at Abu Dhabi. He is fully capable of setting up his famous double leg without using strikes.

ezgif-3-57e58fa998

This isn’t the only takedown he scored in this match, either.

3 Likes

Otto Olson is on the same level as Covington. Nickal is several steps above that. Do you know who else is on that same level as Olson? Lesnar. He won a weak heavyweight field and still almost lost on the finals to Wes Hand who he had lost to that year. Lesnar never tried his luck at the US Open. He would have gotten smashed by the likes of Steve Neal, Tom Erickson, Kerry McCoy or Tolly Thompson and probably Hector Torres.There is a big level up in competition for that. Unless you are elite in college, you won’t be there and even then sometimes guys who are good in college never get past maybe 5th or 6th on the ladder. Greg Jones was a 3x NCAA champion and I think his best finish at the open was 5th or 6th. Even look at the logjam we had at 74kg for years. We had 2 future multiple time world champions and Olympic medalists who nobody saw much overseas from 2012 to 2017 until one moved up a weight and another weight opened up because they were stuck behind a world champion and Olympic champion. That is how high level that wrestling is. Covington would get his ass handed to him by anyone in the top 5 at 74, 79 or 86kg. After the top 5 it is basically a crap shoot as to who wanted it more at the Open or the trials.

Nickal probably had a shot at a world team but his own teammate basically screwed him out of a chance to go and ruined his seeding for the Olympic trials the following year. David Taylor got hurt in an exhibition match and had to sit out the trials at 86kg. But he never made it clear he would until the last week or so. Nickal had moved up to 92kg and lost to Olympic medalist J’den Cox for that spot. Because Nickal hadn’t entered at 86, a weight he could have won but didn’t want to wrestle his teammate Taylor in, it went to the winner of the challenge tournament which was convicted criminal and all around POS Pat Downey, who proceeded to get his ass kicked and finish in the top 10 at worlds due to criteria. If Nickal had gone instead, there is a better chance he wins a medal due to his style and nobody in Europe knowing about him. Taylor knew he was not going to wrestle, but he knew if Nickal had won a medal, he would sit out until the best of 3 series at the Olympic trials and not have to wrestle through the trials tournament. So when they held the trials, there was not a previous years world medalist, so everybody had to wrestle through the tournament and it ended up being Taylor vs Nickal in the best of 3. But neither was fresh so there was no advantage.

That is how competitive it is. Also in that bracket was junior world champion and 2x ncaa champion Aaron Brooks, 2x ncaa champion Zahid Valencia, ncaa champion who beat Bo Nickal Myles Martin, and a slew of other tough outs. So yeah Nickal is on a different plane of existence wrestling wise.

11 Likes

It’s like saying Israel’s striking is not elite level.

I mean technically you are right across all combat sports but in MMA he is one of the best there is

2 Likes

sorry ,but \who the fuck is this Bo Nickal cunt?

1 Like

Some can Gordon Ryan subbed effortlessly, since none of us are talking about the same sport.

3 Likes

Gsp had pretty good top control.

Soneobe got his luttle feelings hurt. :grinning:

Colby would dominate Josh too though

Did you forget to switch to your alt or you’re so enamoured with online confrontation that you felt the need to comment again 9 hours later because you have literally nothing better to do? Either way you’re a little faggot.

1 Like