Bring chick to BJJ?

ShanTheMan - Take her back

to your house and bang the shit out of her

no disrespect but you sound like a tool. who would bring a first date to the gym? can't think of a better idea than having a girl sit on her ass for an hour and not talk to you. she doesn't even know you. go somewhere you can talk to her. movies are terrible first dates.

Alot of truth in that post IMO.  ^^^^ 

the actual gym might not be a bad date/place to hang out a BJJ gym just seems like a bad idea to me...

I dont have three years to get this clusterf-ck situation straightened out AND explain the rationale.

But again, if you plan on being able to nail her the second date... she's likely to find someone in the class with "nice eyebrows" and bail on you 48 hours later... and you will never be the wiser.

You are going about nailing a slut, in an I'm going to marry this girl someday way. In and out fella. What ALL human beings like? Food, money, sex... sluts like sex even more. Take her out to eat. Eat. Drink. Flash a bill and tip large. Oh its still early? RENT the movie.

You want the marrying kind? Go to church. Take her anywhere, with anyone, and don't think twice about it.

Im just going to walk away now.

It will be funny when one of the higher belts tells you "Oh man, you are lucky dude, that girl you were with at training the other day gives the best BJ's ever!'

Another high ranking student pipes in with, "Yep, only girl that did a2m on the first date".

Good luck with her.

on the surface it seems like a stupid idea..

BUT

i think you have discovered GOLD !

firstly my credentials: better than most lol

whether you want to ground and pound her OR you like the girl, a bjj roll could be a great first date.
(its sort of a date when your not having a date, and its much easier/less threatening than saying
"do you want to have dinner, or a drink "? (Note: use the dinner or drink approach if your super confident)

Notes:

/ keep it one on one (dont go introducing her to everybody or you'll risk blowing it, introduce her to a couple of friends only :).

/ you've got the green light to touch and hug her for about half an hour, a big ice breaker :)

/ make sure you add a bit of sleaziness/laughter in a couple of positions, but be careful not to over do it ie
make an ice breaker joke at the start about the sport when shes all giggly and after a serious period break the ice again with a joke (note: its probably a good idea to
have some jokes up your sleave ie Mount "personally this is my favorite position" followed by a laugh.

/ you have a subject to talk about when you hardly know each other, because the techniques keep the conversation going.

/ its a unique activity, and they'll have a great if not memorable time.

ITS BRILLIANT !

"its a unique activity, and they'll have a great if not memorable time."

Exactly. How can some of you be so down on this idea? The class has two other women her age, not just a bunch of dudes, so she won't feel too out of place. Besides the instructor I don't have to worry about getting owned by anyone -- I handle myself just fine.

"if you plan on being able to nail her the second date..."

No, twinstealth. I was kidding about the GnP in Round 2. She's a smart girl who I had a couple classes with in college and we've always hit it off. This would be a chance to introduce her to one of my interests and give us a fun activity to do. And she sounds pretty thrilled about it, too.

You can lead a horse to water...

WOW...you really have such a lack of confidence that you can't take a girl out one on one?

as much as she seems into it...she thought it was cool that you were into it and probably was so caught off guard that you asked her to go so she said yes. Or she does'nt have any intentions of sleeping with you ever and figures she can get with one of your friends.

Loser.

Your Arsonist -- is your confidence so low that you assume taking a girl to a place where other guys are around means she'll hook up with someone else?

I don't see how there's a lack of confidence in bringing a girl who has an interest in learning martial arts AND an interest in hanging out with me to a free class. The traditional dinner dates will happen afterwards, but I thought it would be nice to start with something different.

Listen....If a girl is "into you" she is going to like almost any kind of date (just to be with you) bringing her to BJJ where she can sit by herself  & not be active with you is not a good idea (for a first date)  

Humboldt JuiJitsu - You can lead a horse to water...

and Steve W will surely follow.

"bringing her to BJJ where she can sit by herself & not be active with you is not a good idea"

No no, THAT would be stupid. She wants to participate in the class, though, not just watch. She's an athletic person (yoga/dance background) who wants to learn some self-defense, so inviting her to class just made sense. Could it backfire? Absolutely. If it does at least I'll learn something.

Frantic - 
Humboldt JuiJitsu - You can lead a horse to water...

and Steve W will surely follow.

+1

damnjoe are you bringing her tonight? if so that's funny because i'm actually taking a hottie to class tonight. not a first date, and it was her idea....she wants to check things out. we actually have a self defense class before the nogi class, which is geared toward older people and women. we are both going to do that class and then she wants to watch the bjj class. it's all about confidence which i think a lot of people on here don't have when it comes to women. i'm a blue so there are people at my school that tool me...people that i tool..and people that i roll even with. i don't give a shit...i mean if your at the bottom of the totem pole at your school it's probably not a good idea, but other than that, who cares? shit if mine ends up running off with one of my bros, i'll be happy that i could hook him up. i've hooked my friends up with hot chicks before and although i'm not looking to pawn this one off, there are a million fish in the sea! ;) let us know how it goes!

keep the chicks away from the gym. bad mojo bringing sluts to training.

vegard - keep the chicks away from the gym. bad mojo bringing sluts to training.

^^^ says the guy who has kicked my ass in training...haha

mine isn't very interested in the bjj training. mostly the self defense which, like i said is geared toward women, and older guys. as you know we also have yoga and now conditioning classes at the gym so i don't see it as a bad thing.

when you heading back over to our hood?

LOL