Cejudo says he's coming for Volk

It’s Aussies Dickhead.
Ozzy sung for Black Sabbath.

Too short for 145. Stay at the child weight classes.

1 Like

reeks of desperation…the guy quit in his prime because he felt “undervalued” and now he is begging for a fight? gtfoh.

I would love to see Cejudo back but this is sad to see him begging after “retiring”

Did you feel the same way about GSP coming back to fight Bisping?

How about Miesha Tate?

What if Khabib got motivated to take on a champion in a year or two?

As long as the “greats” aren’t embarrassing themselves in the cage (see B.J. Penn), then I’m always eager to see them return and put on a show.

5 Likes

last i remember neither GSP or Miesha were openly calling out every fighter in every division on twitter 2 months after retiring. And as I mentioned, I would love to see Cejudo come back. And if he really wanted to come back I’m sure the UFC would give him a title fight at 135 right away. But dude is constantly begging for attention and UFC didnt even bat an eye when he retired. they immediately made a title fight the same week, didnt even give him time to rethink it.

Does anyone know if he is out of the testing pool? If so then isnt it 6 months testing before a fight? Doesnt seem like UFC is willing to do him any favors

Henry’s is just keeping his name prominent via social media. Yeah, he goes overboard with his callouts and his “cringe,” but it’s part of his shtick.

Hopefully Dana offers him enough money to entice him back. His skills are definitely elite and he could give Volk all he can handle.

3 Likes

An in shape and focused Cejudo can take this. That wrestling pedigree is not to be underestimated

3 Likes

Max has a fight in 2 months so my guess is Cejudo is next

agreed on the skills and that it would be a good scrap. Disagree that Dana needs to back up the brinks truck for Cejudo. Cejudo has a contract that was basically frozen when he retired. If he wants to come back, particularly to just walk into a title shot in a division he has never fought in, Dana would most likely say, you can have it at ur current contract rate or not at all

1 Like

Nah. I won’t attempt an exhaustive history on the subject of renegotiating contracts, but it has been done. Here’s just one example, and you cannot tell me that Tim Elliott is a bigger draw than Henry Cejudo:

ABU DHABI – Tim Elliott is on a three-fight losing skid, but he’s now making more money.

According to the longtime UFC flyweight himself, Elliott (15-11-1 MMA, 4-9 UFC) and the UFC renegotiated his contract ahead of his UFC on ESPN 13 co-main event bout on Wednesday against Ryan Benoit (10-6 MMA, 3-4 UFC).

You gotta know your worth.

1 Like

of course you can. what I am saying is that UFC pretty much didnt care when Cejudo retired for money reasons. If they cared enough they would have tried to sway him back at that point. They pretty much said, ok next up or called his bluff

Dana is like any other promoter. If there’s big money to be made, he’s interested. The landscape is always changing. If Volk/Cejudo can do decent numbers, Dana will probably consider giving Henry an additional cut. The question is whether it will be enough.

3 Likes

Henry said that he wants this as a legacy fight and he’s not looking for more $.

1 Like

Fucking fantastic then. BOOK IT, DANA!!

4 Likes

Every time I read Book it Dana I hear it in Theo Vons voice.
“Pay the men Donna!”

So is PVZ, but I still click on her thread here every day.

1 Like

You know what they say homie… Whenever somebody says it’s not about the money…

2 Likes

What do you know about money with your broke ass?

Hey phatcat you already fucked up the Aljo thread. Get the fuck out of here. No one wants to see that shit on this thread

1 Like

Who brought this phag? Is his wife still in the back spread eagle on the pinball machine just looking for more reasons not to go home with Ike Turner here?