Chuck Liddell [Prime] in todays LHW division

While I agree(I think) that Chuck would be at least in contendership, I’ll point out something about the Overeem fight.
Overeem did not fight a good fight.
He was cocky, arrogant, & fought like Chuck winning was impossible.
In the corner, Chuck lands a straight right that connects & rocks Alistair.
It’s hard to see but not if you’re looking for it.
Then he takes the good shot, Alistair nods, then the bomb, then the finish.
Moot, but Alistair could’ve easily won in the manner Rampage did had he not have been foolish.

That said, prime Chuck could certainly be in the running.
Jiri Prochazka might be similar to then Overeem stylistically.

1 Like

Its not a very strong division right now, he’d be right in the mix at top 5 level for sure and potentially the champ if circumstances went in his favour. He wouldnt be unbeatable though.

^^

Couture and Tiger White both got horrifically eye poked, people get mad about Jones doing it, but Liddell was the original eye poking and coking fighter.

3 Likes

Might have been a knuckle with Tiger.

Neither is Chuck. Whas your point?

Prme Chuck, Tito, Shogun, Rampage, Randy, etc could all be champs today.

1 Like

Yes. Because all the fighters since then have gone fown in quality and gotten worse. Thatd how sports works whichbis why the starsnof today could bever compete with the nore experienced, knowldgable and athletic athletes if the past. Records dont get broken vecause the old time athletes were the best! :laughing:

1 Like

Chinny Overeem, who would get wrecked by Horsemeat Ubereem, worked his way to title shot and almost KO’d the Champ in 1st few minutes.

Prime Anderson would tool Izzy. GSP would beat every WW not named Colby or Usman. And he’d prob beat Izzy too.

The skill isnt light years ahead of just 10 yrs ago like you think in basically a 30 yr old sport.

1 Like

Why are you talking about a heavyweight fighter? Even funnier is you are atguing against progreess, evolution and inprovement using literally the biggest steroid chest in MMA history? “The bigger and stronger HW version of Overeem wiuld beat the smaller LHW version. Thant proves old foghters could beat young ones”.

Question. Is Overeem anywhere near a HW title shot now with the higher level of talent at HW these days? No? Why not? Could is be because the higher level of fighters? You think a yound Overeem could hop put of a time machine and become champion today?:thinking:

Here come the buzzwords and stipulations about “prime” so and so. I sae Izxy beat steroid Silva. That happened. There is no reason to believe younger silva would have won. Why? Because he would have danced and clowned around more? Would he have been fastrer with his prime steroid cycle with no USADA to worry about? Younguys throw out these claims withb o support or reasoning. Just “he would win” based on old fights you dont even remember.

Hmm…i dont remember anyone calf kicking 10 years ago and today several big fights were won andnlost because of them. :thinking:

Thats just one example off the top of my head. How come you dont use examples?

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Only a fucking retard thinks a fighter is the same level 20 years after they started.

I don’t see any LHW’s today who are so far evolved over Liddell’s skill set

CaLf KiCkS uhhh ok cool I guess

4 Likes

Yeah, that was the point i mare dipshit.

I believe you and agree 100%. You’ve shown very little mma knowledge and no actual experience so you would be blind to the difference in skill levels.

1 Like

When his chin could take a shot he was near unbeatable, the newer guys could play the game and hope to get a decision with clinching against the fence, the new guys are well rounded but not special anywhere, Jiri would koed into oblivion if he fought prime liddel

Knocked out a future pro kick boxer Overeem but can’t beat these guys today :rofl:

1 Like

Got dominated and KOed on his feet by Tito but can cokpete with Izzy :laughing:

The argument of “fighters are better today because the earth has rotated around the sun several times since they fought” is pretty damn empty. Human beings haven’t meaningfully evolved in a very very long time, and the techniques we use are broadly the same as have been used for generations. All of the most common sub finishes and strikes used today were around in Chuck’s era, so the playing field is pretty flat. So I think Chuck is, at the least, still competitive at the top of today’s division.

3 Likes

potential to knock anyone out.
I think his problem is how open he is. He’s got a brawling style
Today’s strikers are just too disciplined… The head movement, general lateral movement, distance mgmt, straight punches would get right to chuck’s chin first.