Conor: Who knew one fight...

bmoney -
amadeus -
bmoney -
amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

I usually scoff at rematches when someone gets ko'd, but McGregor was winning till he got caught and neither was at their best... This is one rematch I'd be game for. Phone Post 3.0
How wasn't Conor at his best? Phone Post 3.0
When you have to stop training and just eat to pack on some extra weight you weren't planning on, it's going to effect how you perform. Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha, that's funny! He had to stop training?? Also, I thought he walked around close to 170 (at least that's what he was saying) anyway.. Come on, man! Phone Post 3.0
Do you not understand how training and cutting weight works? Phone Post 3.0

Lol Conor is still the biggest draw in the sport Phone Post 3.0

amadeus -
bmoney -
amadeus -
bmoney -
amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

I usually scoff at rematches when someone gets ko'd, but McGregor was winning till he got caught and neither was at their best... This is one rematch I'd be game for. Phone Post 3.0
When you have to stop training and just eat to pack on some extra weight you weren't planning on, it's going to effect how you perform. Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha, that's funny! He had to stop training?? Also, I thought he walked around close to 170 (at least that's what he was saying) anyway.. Come on, man! Phone Post 3.0
Do you understand how it works? He was supposed to fight at 155, and weighed in a 167. He could easily have cut 12 pounds of water to make 155.

Why the hell would he have stopped training and ate more before a huge fight? Conor nuthuggers will literally create any excuse in their minds to rationalize his loss. Phone Post 3.0

Wood Phone Post 3.0

Guy is getting paid isn't that what it's all about at the end of the day ,when you want to retire. Phone Post 3.0

He just made more money in one fight than most people make in their lives.

Connie's cooked.

bmoney - 
amadeus -
bmoney -
amadeus -
bmoney -

Do you understand how it works? He was supposed to fight at 155, and weighed in a 167. He could easily have cut 12 pounds of water to make 155.

Why the hell would he have stopped training and ate more before a huge fight? Conor nuthuggers will literally create any excuse in their minds to rationalize his loss. Phone Post 3.0

‘Nuthugger’!? I don’t think that word means what you think it means…

Please tell me how saying that Diaz who didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned, beat McGregor makes me a McGregor nuthugger!?
As for weight cutting… You do understand that when you cut you cut muscle and fat and not just water right? If you’re training hard to cut down to 155lbs only to stop mid-stream and try and bulk back up to 170, meaning you’re eating and not doing a lot of intense training, it’s going to have an effect.

It isn’t an excuse to say that neither was at the top of their game, just a simple fact… I don’t understand how you think it is?

Connors fun to watch. I'll tune in.

He needs to stop playing with all this boxing bullshit. And get back in the ring prove himself against Frankie and a few others then move up to 155 and take on RDA.. Or whoever. Not that I think he'd win just that he still has plenty of opponents.. And I want to see those fights so he needs to stop talking and start fighting Phone Post 3.0

amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

Even if what you are saying is true (its not) how much of an impact do you think 11 days makes after a 3 month training camp?

Do you think fighters train hard on fight week? Conor had already done most of his training in camp, the last week is just to burn energy and keep sharp

The fight happened at 170 because Nate was not training at all so he couldnt make 155 on 11 days notice. So Conor was not fighting a welterweight that he needed extra mass for, he was fighting an out of shape 155 guy. Wich he was already preparing for anyway

Conor fought Nate on his worst day. And still lost

Love him or hate him, he's moving more needles than ever.

GSPsShadyHandWraps -
amadeus - Regardless I'd like to see a rematch... Neither was in their best shape. McGregor essentially had to stop training so he wasn't giving up so much weight come fight night. Diaz didn't have the time to train and came in ill-conditioned.

Even if what you are saying is true (its not) how much of an impact do you think 11 days makes after a 3 month training camp?

Do you think fighters train hard on fight week? Conor had already done most of his training in camp, the last week is just to burn energy and keep sharp

The fight happened at 170 because Nate was not training at all so he couldnt make 155 on 11 days notice. So Conor was not fighting a welterweight that he needed extra mass for, he was fighting an out of shape 155 guy. Wich he was already preparing for anyway

Honestly, having boxed, from experience depending on what he was eating to bulk back up it can make a big difference. And at 11 days out he should have been hovering within 4-5lbs of 155. So to come in at 167 or so, implies that he probably ate pretty poorly. That will make a difference... Either way, an unprepared Nate caught him clean. I really don't see what the argument is here. Phone Post 3.0

"And at 11 days out he should have been hovering within 4-5lbs of 155. So to come in at 167"

Thats only a 7 pound difference. That could easily be from eating no carb last weeks out to make 155 and putting carbs back in and replenishing glycogen

And thats assuming he was only cutting 5 pounds, the guy is a massive cutter and could have easily done more than 5 pounds water

Go back and watch Embedded, throughout the episodes, all he talks about is how great he feels, how much more energy he has etc

Its only after he got humiliated that he came up with all these excuses.

Again, he had a 3 month training camp, sparring, skill training, conditioning. Thats not going away because he ate more food 11 days out from the fight, you are reaching here

Bigtrain2681 - Derailed? Lol. He is 1 fight removed from cleaning a division, a world champion and still the most talked about fighter in MMA.

Was Penn derailed as a LW going up to 170lbs?

People love to hate certain fighters - Mcgregor, Rousey, Cyborg...and enjoy the times when things don't go right, only to wait with baited breath for these moments when things DO go right. Phone Post 3.0
Just stop!!!! He won 4-5 fights , that is not cleaning out a division. He had 3 decent wins in Poirier, Mendes, and Aldo, dont try to make that more than it was. It just makes you sound silly Phone Post 3.0

amadeus -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

Honestly, having boxed, from experience depending on what he was eating to bulk back up it can make a big difference. And at 11 days out he should have been hovering within 4-5lbs of 155. So to come in at 167 or so, implies that he probably ate pretty poorly. That will make a difference... Either way, an unprepared Nate caught him clean. I really don't see what the argument is here. Phone Post 3.0
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Plenty of fighters come in to the octagon weighing at least ten pounds heavier than their weigh in weight.

Also, you shouldn't be training hardcore close to the fight anyway. So, Conor shouldn't have missed out on much training as it was, even if he did stop training and start binge eating (which he didn't.) you have to be trolling Phone Post 3.0

He shouldn't have budged fighting at 155. He screwed up but what I hate is now he can't live with not beating Nate at 170... He was on a high I understand but that a fair bit of weight... Nobody has been doing that for a while. He's going hardcore! He's a gangster ... Not many of those still around. Phone Post 3.0

bmoney -
amadeus -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Plenty of fighters come in to the octagon weighing at least ten pounds heavier than their weigh in weight.

Also, you shouldn't be training hardcore close to the fight anyway. So, Conor shouldn't have missed out on much training as it was, even if he did stop training and start binge eating (which he didn't.) you have to be trolling Phone Post 3.0
Are you arguing just to argue? What does it change? Both fighters fought at disadvantages compared to their usual... McGregor was handily winning till he got caught. Diaz legitimately put him down.

Seriously, what's your fucking point!? Phone Post 3.0

amadeus -
bmoney -
amadeus -
GSPsShadyHandWraps -

Are you arguing just to argue? What does it change? Both fighters fought at disadvantages compared to their usual... McGregor was handily winning till he got caught. Diaz legitimately put him down.

Seriously, what's your fucking point!? Phone Post 3.0
Agree to disagree. My point is that Conor didn't have a disadvantage. Also, look at the fight metric. Conor didn't just get caught. Phone Post 3.0

Phil999 - 
LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - It's just a bunch of people that couldn't stand his success and the route he took getting happy about him losing. It's really weird imo, but normal. It's like a bunch of kids watching the wwf rooting for the bad guy to lose, then celebrating afterwards like they accomplished something.
A lot of these people couldn't stand Nate Diaz before this fight either. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of people were not keen on him but if one negative syllable was uttered the ntuhuggers went absolutely berserk.  No matter what he said he was seen as some mma demigod.

People love to have a hero to worship.

Now things are a bit more balanced.

This.

The Conor nuthugging was so out of control that we actually had fools declaring his girlfriend the GOAT girlfriend of all time. Think about that.

I think Conor fans are missing the point. The hardest, most draining part of training is the weight cut at the end. Take that out and your in great shape without the fatigue of cutting. Remember he had a full camp, Nate was the one with almost no camp. It's not like both had a disadvantage, only Nate did.

I think a lot of people like to see the spoiled child not get their way for once. Phone Post 3.0