Dan Henderson got lucky

Dan Henderson is the fucking man

The ref stops the fight

Not the fighter

Cry harder

3 Likes

Oooo we have a tough one here

1 Like

to some more than others. late punches should be utterly vilified.

Yes if it’s obviously way late and the fighter is trying to damage his unconscious opponent, that’s one thing.

But are you sure Hendo was fully aware of the situation as he followed Bisping down?
If Bisping wasn’t completely out and managed to recover, Hendo had to keep fighting.

You could argue that guys like Shields and Bisping in the rematch should have been done too – but it didn’t turn out that way.
You can’t knock 'em all out, nobody has.

Igor didn’t KO everyone he connected with.
Neither did Wandy, Cro Cop, etc.
Carwin gassed himself out trying to finish Brock.
Etc…

Anything can happen, and guys train to follow up and finish.
Hell, the Chute Box guys practiced jumping on the heads of downed opponents.

Sure, there is something to be said for the walk-off KO, when you’re sure it’s over.

Was Hendo sure it was over?
Or was he just reverting to his training and following his opponent down to finish him off.

5 Likes

Vitor is the poster boy for TRT and gets the most hate for it. Why? it’s probably many reasons.
And I don’t know his levels compared to others like , Chael , Hendo , Couture .
Butt Vitor did train like fuckin demon when he was on it. And he for sure had good genetics.

dude, i’m not calling the guy a cunt that badly. he’s a hero of mine, but he literally said he knew Bisping was out, but decided to ‘punish him a lil’’ or something.

he said it in the post fight interview. in future, that would be seen as incriminating evidence. and rightly so.

who disagrees?

1 Like

Yeah… didn’t he say something about Bisping running his mouth?

But couldn’t he have just been rubbing it in?

Hendo excelled at follow up shots. It’s something he trained.
I’m not convinced it was done deliberately to compound the damage…but I’m not in Hendo’s head either.

1 Like

Hendo didn’t like Bisping. Pretty clear during lead up to the fight.

That’s obvious.

They don’t like each other.

I’d rather drink beers with Hendo than Bisping.

2 Likes

Yes it was.

1 Like

Pride Era: flatlines prime Wanderlai
Bro (TUF) Era: flatlines peak douche Bisping
Post 2010: Two of the greatest fights of all times vs Shogun Rua

2 Likes

He does a similar follow up on Wandy.

Training IMO.

Don’t forget the left that stopped Renzo.

Hendo vs Renzo.

Excellent sprawling with knees… and of course the left-handed H-bomb finish!

Renzo was game though.

Anyone who says they somehow missed the greatness of Hendo…well I guess you just weren’t watching.

3 Likes

Wanderlei Silva once called Hendo his toughest opponent.
IIRC it was before the rematch – so a comment based on the fight he beat Dan by decision.

He said something like “when you fight Dan Henderson, you’d better bring your lunch”.

With thread title I thought maybe the Brits wanted to play bingo again…

1 Like

One of the Greatest Of All Time. In my opinion he didn’t get enough credit for how great he was! Those who know, know! He’s beaten The Who’s WHO of MMA including the GOAT! AND he did it going up in weight!! He’s an incredible fighter and find this thread title dumb as F along with the idiot that would have the gall to start it.

5 Likes

I think Hendo could have beat Anderson if he had stuck to a game plan.

Unfortunately the thing most of us like about him has been his downfall at times.

1 Like