Dan Henderson got lucky

Wand did supposedly have strep throat and a 102 degree fever that fight though.

Funny thing is, fans here were furious about that matchup before it happened. Said it should have been Arona or this guy or that and that Wand was being given a gimme against a guy from a smaller weight class he already beat handily in order to make Wand look good to the US fans. Used it to support his record being padded with “cans”.

I always like to remind people how many folks treated Hendo like a can when it came to that matchup. Whether underestimating Hendo or because of Wand’s standing at that point. I still find it very interesting to think back on. Maybe it was just the Pride vs UFC fervor, idk.

The first fight between Hendo and Wandy was competitive.
It’s been a while since I rewatched it, but it was a good fight.

1 Like

I agree it was a good fight but clear cut in the end.

However, that didn’t stop the UG from complaining when the rematch was announced that Wand was getting “another easy fight” against a MW wrestler instead of Arona or whomever. “That’s why doesn’t want to come to UFC”. He’s taking fights with Crocop and Hendo cause he’s scared to come fight fucking Babalu every three months! Lol

1 Like

I’m not sure I remember those conversations.
But there are gaps of time when I wasn’t on the UG regularly.

I would have never called Hendon easy fight though. Makes no sense.

Oh I agree with that too but I was actually fairly new to Pride at that point and the internet actually had me convinced that it was just an exhibition to make Wand look good instead of giving him a tough fight with a 205 contender like Arona, Lil Nog or Shogun (because some people refused to let that one go).

Taught me early on how much I should listen to popular opinion.

2 Likes

Hendo said he threw in the extra shot.I don’t know if it was on the broadcast or some time later.

Told Rogan it was to shut his mouth.

We addressed this.
He could have just been rubbing it in because he doesn’t like Bisping.
Obviously I don’t know either way.

But the Wandy KO and follow up is very similar.
It’s a trained sequence.

3 Likes

You’ve never felt bad about any of your favorite fighters taking more damage than necessary?

You weren’t responding to me…

But I personally feel bad when a guy fights way past his prime and accumulates significant damage after he should have hung up the gloves.

A devistating KO in a single fight is just part of it.
Always a risk.

Guys dragging it out while their chin gets weaker and reflexes get slower, is painful to watch.

1 Like

Is this guy Skooter?

3 Likes

Lolololol…

That’s because you’re a late fox noob.

Both phenomenal fighters. A pair of cunts though.

2 Likes

Other than that one minute where Dan hurt him with the overhand and followed up with some ground and pound, not really.

1 Like

Fuck it I’m going to rewatch it but I do remember it mostly going Wand’s way.

1 Like

Truth.

Hendo saved me from a psychotic stripper who wanted me to get her pregnant in Vegas once.

Guy is a hero imo.

4 Likes

Haha… met him in the Mandalay garage… no not that way and nobody died… but seriously, yeah hea was grtting to elevator as me and 2 bros were getting out… he gave us a pic with him.

2 Likes

Why is Hendo a cunt? A close friend (who is a saint) trains at TQ for his fights and has nothing but good things to say.

2 Likes

Look above. I actually yelled “Hendo” , he looked over and I asked if we could get a pic. He said sure and came over. Seemed cool to me.

1 Like

justin moore fish GIF

1 Like