Dana: Loretta is a dumb f*&#ing bi&*ch (vid)

As a separate issue, Franklin had a pretty easy run while he was under his unusually long 8-fight contract, and faced Anderson when he was nearing the end of it (I believe that was #7 of 8).

From what I heard Franklin was making next to nothing during that period.

As someone who enjoys reading work Loretta does, I was a little taken back by the attack. Mind you this could have a lot more history then just one article.

"If a fighter's manager isn't present backstage, it is possible, for instance, to pop into Shogun's locker room immediately after a loss, when he is exhausted and has been punched in the head 100x or so, and propose that he fight Dana's longtime friend Chuck Liddell in three months, without his manager's input as to whether that would be a good idea for his injured, struggling fighter's career.

I think Loretta Hunt's article raised a valid issue for discussion."

Right...and he would likely have the contract written and ready to sign, and he'd threaten to cut him if he didn't sign it...

you're fucking crazy, man...Dana is always cool to everyone in the locker room, especially after a tough loss.

LOL @ the conclusion jumping.

April Fools

Regardless of whether or not you agree with their underlying message; the President of any company should probably refrain from posting videos where they refer to others as bitches, faggots or pussies.

lol @ Dana pretending that Franklin was taking on Anderson when in fact Anderson was originally brought in to the UFC as a sacrifical lamb.

Its not like Dana knew secretly that Anderson was as good as he is. Hell the majority of the UG picked Leben to KO him

Diego stole my name - lol @ Dana pretending that Franklin was taking on Anderson when in fact Anderson was originally brought in to the UFC as a sacrifical lamb.

The only people who thought that were retards.

Golden Boy - Without people like Loretta, Dana wouldn't have had a sport to purchase. I don't have anything against Dana but he see's things different than he used too. Then, again this sport is really nothing like it used to be either. Its more a fad and the funny thing is....people like Loretta will still be around when most of the newbs get tired of it.

Roccy - 

He seems upset!

Loretta rules.

"Yeah dumbass, you're smart. Their grand master plan was to bring in a guy that NO ONE had heard of (outside of hardcore fans) and make an example out of him with Rich Franklin cause Rich Franklin beating a guy nobody has heard of would give him all kinds of credibility. God some of you idiots are totally stupid."

Hey cumguzzler. Did i say they brought in Anderson to make an example out of him with Rich Franklin? Go back to school, learn how to read and then read my post again

smoogy - 
Fletch F Fletch - LOL.

He might not have the best way of going about it, but I don't blame him. As someone who works in the media, most reporters (especially print and new media) are fucking leeches who certainly wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a sensational story.

BTW, I got say I like Dana. I totally see how he rubs some people the wrong way, but I work with a bunch of stiff's in suits all day. The way he just lets it fly is pretty refreshing. We had him on my old radio station a few times, and everyone who dealt with him, from the producers to the hosts, really liked him.

Yeah, you can't blame Dana for being a scumbag with a god complex. After all, he ALWAYS acts like a d-bag when he is angry right? The real problem is that all journalists are leeches with no morals.

Thank you for putting forward the "fuckface UG Dana apologist" standpoint, always appreciated.

LOL.

I'm not apologizing for Dana. I just work with a bunch of suits, and think it's refreshing to see a guy who says what he thinks, and isn't your typical rat race rat.

I certainly don't get why some random guy on a message would be upset by the way he acts.

Maybe your office is different, but I think it's cool that the company isn't run by some corporate puppet. In a certain way it's just nice a guy in management playing by his own rules.

Maybe you don't like how he says it, but at least he's speaking from the heart and not giving the typical sanatized major company line.

I just don't get why people on some internet message board who have never met him, don't like him. Like I said Dana and the people at Zuffa have been nothing but super cool whenever myself or any of my co-workers have had to deal with them.

God forbid company president actually says what he feels.

LoL that was sweet, spitting fire.

Diego stole my name - lol @ Dana pretending that Franklin was taking on Anderson when in fact Anderson was originally brought in to the UFC as a sacrifical lamb.

Its not like Dana knew secretly that Anderson was as good as he is. Hell the majority of the UG picked Leben to KO him

To say Franklin gets protected is ridiculous.

Anderson twice, Okami, Hendo, Wand, Tanner twice... Has anyone fought more top middleweights recently than Franklin?

ww

Tanner never took his training seriously enough to beat Franklin, all the others were after his stock as a fighter dropped off a cliff with two losses to the champion.

Rickmassmma -  "If a fighter's manager isn't present backstage, it is possible, for instance, to pop into Shogun's locker room immediately after a loss, when he is exhausted and has been punched in the head 100x or so, and propose that he fight Dana's longtime friend Chuck Liddell in three months, without his manager's input as to whether that would be a good idea for his injured, struggling fighter's career.

I think Loretta Hunt's article raised a valid issue for discussion."

Right...and he would likely have the contract written and ready to sign, and he'd threaten to cut him if he didn't sign it...

you're fucking crazy, man...Dana is always cool to everyone in the locker room, especially after a tough loss.

That's a bizarre and meaningless strawman argument. There's really no getting around the fact that fighters are better off having their managers present when the promoter is making business proposals.

Fletch F Fletch - 

To say Franklin gets protected is ridiculous.

Anderson twice, Okami, Hendo, Wand, Tanner twice... Has anyone fought more top middleweights recently than Franklin?

The argument isnt thats hes protected now its that he was protected in 2005 when Lindland was released.

Lindland had just beaten Lutter and Doerksen was 9-3 in the UFC and clearly deserved a title shot but was relaeased.

But Rich Franklins next 2 fights were against Nate Quarry and David Loiseau, the Quarry fight was definately them protecting Franklin

The best MMA journalist in my opinion is Josh Gross. He's not afraid to do honest reporting, regardless of the topic or the organization, and he would have gotten similar treatment had vblogs been in vogue back then as well. I'd sooner trust and respect a journalist who doesn't mind drawing the ire of Dana, than someone who is just a mouthpiece for him.  

Of which there are several.

Caspersghost - Tanner never took his training seriously enough to beat Franklin, all the others were after his stock as a fighter dropped off a cliff with two losses to the champion.

I could be wrong, but didn't Franklin fight Tanner both times at the height of his Team Quest training?