David Camarillo???

From an outside perspective it seems as if the guys that left are doing better than his current instructors. Dave, BJ, Crosley, etc are all doing great while I am told that Ralph's senior instructor, Kurt Osander, lives at home with his mom and the rest of the guys are barely making it while Ralph lives in a huge house in a gated community. All the while he makes his instructors tatoo his image on their heads or bodies. If it weren't true it would be funny. Ralphs' is a cross between the Branch Davidians and the Jim Jones Cult.

Every one around Ralph tip toes. He is genuinly nuts. Dave seems like he has grown by going out on his own and that is a great thing. Shouldn't Ralph show some pride when his guys go out and are successful or does he not really care about them?????Ralph's BJJ is great but his style made me quit BJJ for a while.

TTT So I can read this later.

ttt

is the tattoo thing a bravo-style joke or real?...at least get Carlos Sr. or Helio on you then...

seriously?

Mangler's comments seem harsh. Have to say it's true though. The true legacy is with Helio and Royce. The others more or less took advantage of the Gracie name. Where were all the other Gracies back when Royce was proving their style to be superior in the original UFCs?

The Tattoos are of Ralphs emblem which happens to be a picture of Ralph. For the record I do not think Ralph encourages Tats. But I would not say his school is for kids either.

ttt

Martial Arts (esp. Kickboxing and BJJ) has become diluted with negative ideology. There is no longer any honor or respect. Discipline is only found in actually attending the sessions and no longer on the mat.

BJJ especially: Dojos are now more like gangs with recruited felons who only want to earn respect by fighting or competing in tournaments. Honor longer exists in the school or on the mat for BJJ or Kickboxing.

Maybe at some schools. I'd say it's better now than it was 10 years ago.

Renzo's school is a great place to train. Also i don't agree with Mangler or the Helio's side crap. Rolls, Carlson, Renzo, etc were from Carlos' side and contributed greatly to the sport.

LOL at all this. Sounds like the hood to me.

Nedcmk1...i agree with you 100%. I've trained at Renzo's before and you could not ask for a nicer, more genuine guy. I think this debate is less so about the Gracies, and moreso about the mindless army that follows their every command.

Actually, I think this is more about Dave Camarillo getting bashed and libeled by some keyboard warriors.

Not all bjj schools are gang thugs. Also, Carlos was the true founder of bjj.

it's true that the talk of Helio is the true founder really got going over Carlos Sr. passed away (in his 90s!)

Carlos Sr. was the founder, Helio a great family champ and teacher of Carlson (Carlos' eldest child), and Carlson the teacher of most of the great non-Gracies...

wow, the tat thing is real...

David Camarillo is a judoka.

That is all I need to know to be on his side.

" Is Sapeo a us citizen?"

Ralph brings brown belts here from Brazil to teach on a work visa.

Where is Renzo's school?

It's not in the south bay, california

"Rolls is Helios son."

Wrong!

"Carlson was helios brother."

Wrong!