DJ will not boycott Nevada

Does anyone know if the NSAC gets any of the revenue from us buying PPVs that are in Nevada?

Clarence Parents - Regardless if the NSAC hearing was BS..

DJ has no horse in this race imo as it's something that will never impact him.

Except he fights for the UFC. Therefore the NSAC can eventually impact him, Maybe he has no horse in this weed case. But he absolutely has a horse in the NSAC race and their fucked rulings.

Team GDP - i understand not boycotting nevada for diaz's sake, but he should boycott nevada for his own sake. Just look at the fact that they had 2 negative tests from a wada accredited lab, and 1 positive test from a non-wada accredited lab, and they went with the latter. That should scare all fighters.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - 
Morpheus1976 -
Dreville79 - This is getting pretty annoying, Nick could of done as most Athletes do and NOT smoked anything. At the least smoking either tobacco or weed will be detrimental to you as an Athlete. Despite the incredibly dumb punishment, and it being cool that some are taking a stand, no one owes him anything. If anything a fighter who's constantly high is gonna piss of fighters who sacrifice all kinds of vices to be a champion. Phone Post 3.0

there is a cutoff level of 150, Nick stayed well below that level.
The how's and whys aren't what I'm getting at. The punishment is fucking dumb. I'm a big Nick Diaz fan.

But most athletes don't smoke, not only weed but tobacco, because smoking without any doubt affects your internal makeup and your ability to perform as a top athlete.

DJ defines what it means to be at the top. Ethically, it must piss people who give up so much that a guy like Diaz expects to be at the top and only fight guys at the top, when he doesn't give enough of a fuck about the sport he claims to love to stop smoking.

He said himself he's sacrificed a family to fight, so why not a bit of fucking weed, that's a FAR smaller sacrifice.

I haven't posted much about Diaz cause I hate it, I'm only even speaking about it cause Nick pisses me off cause I love watching him fight so much. He's his own worst enemy. It's not worth it though, his fanboys are the fucking worst Phone Post 3.0

I'm willing to bet you the number of athletes (not just fighters) that smoke weed is a lot more than you think.

Why would be boycott Nevada? Diaz isn't his boy Phone Post 3.0

Team GDP - i understand not boycotting nevada for diaz's sake, but he should boycott nevada for his own sake. Just look at the fact that they had 2 negative tests from a wada accredited lab, and 1 positive test from a non-wada accredited lab, and they went with the latter. That should scare all fighters.

Thousands of fighters have competed in Nevada and none seem to have a problem except Nick, the guy who's failed 3 times and admittedly ran away from one in CA because he was going to fail.  

BrckNoHitBk -
Dreville79 - 
Morpheus1976 -
Dreville79 - This is getting pretty annoying, Nick could of done as most Athletes do and NOT smoked anything. At the least smoking either tobacco or weed will be detrimental to you as an Athlete. Despite the incredibly dumb punishment, and it being cool that some are taking a stand, no one owes him anything. If anything a fighter who's constantly high is gonna piss of fighters who sacrifice all kinds of vices to be a champion. Phone Post 3.0

The how's and whys aren't what I'm getting at. The punishment is fucking dumb. I'm a big Nick Diaz fan.

But most athletes don't smoke, not only weed but tobacco, because smoking without any doubt affects your internal makeup and your ability to perform as a top athlete.

DJ defines what it means to be at the top. Ethically, it must piss people who give up so much that a guy like Diaz expects to be at the top and only fight guys at the top, when he doesn't give enough of a fuck about the sport he claims to love to stop smoking.

He said himself he's sacrificed a family to fight, so why not a bit of fucking weed, that's a FAR smaller sacrifice.

I haven't posted much about Diaz cause I hate it, I'm only even speaking about it cause Nick pisses me off cause I love watching him fight so much. He's his own worst enemy. It's not worth it though, his fanboys are the fucking worst Phone Post 3.0

I'm willing to bet you the number of athletes (not just fighters) that smoke weed is a lot more than you think.

I'm willing to counter that and say I'd bet very few champions and world class athletes do. Nick could of been world class in my mind if he'd laid of the smoking. And that's really fucking sad cause he's one of the nicest and most humble dudes in the sport Phone Post 3.0

DJ has spoken. No needles have moved. Phone Post 3.0

Clarence Parents - Regardless if the NSAC hearing was BS..

DJ has no horse in this race imo as it's something that will never impact him.

Agreed. But indirectly he does have a horse in the race. There's a commision out there that one day may be affecting his own career. And due to the harsh and irratic nature of the suspension, which may have been based on very blurry circumstances, it may suit him better if he stands with other fighters as one.

It's not about Nick Diaz, it's about a commision that acted harshly without much reasoning behind it. It is perhaps about his own character, whether he can morally at least, stand with his fellow fighters.

That said, it is his own choice to make, as it is his career.

Dreville79 -
Morpheus1976 -

hey did you know that there are many different ways to invest thc these days, not just smoking? Phone Post 3.0

and furthermore, you have no clue what other world class athletes and champions do. the nba doesn't even test for it because so many players are using thc. a huge amount of bjj athletes use thc as well as Olympic athletes. pro surfers, rock climbers, cyclists, endurance athletes all use thc. there's no reason for Nick to sacrifice "smoking" if when he does so he stays well under the limit. you're making ignorant statements based on your own ideas about what a world class athlete should be Phone Post 3.0

DJ should keep his mouth shut in this particular situation because it really makes him look bad in front of his peers as a guy who isn't a team player and I bet the fans did not like him in the first place and this does not help his cause..

I know he was asked about it and he answered but I can't help but feel like he could have answered it a little better even if he didn't want to boycott..

I am a fan of DJ as a fighter and I still have a lot of respect for him as a person outside the cage as well but in this instance I believe he could have handled it better.. Phone Post 3.0

Every fighter should be alarmed at the fact the NSAC will punish Ped users less than recreational drug/medicenal drug users.

DJ looking very goodie two shoes Jon jones like, he be all like "don't break the rules brah".

Don't be surprised if in The near future DJ crashes his Mini Cooper into a pregnant women, flees the scene only to come back for his weed stash.

now i have another reason not to like this guy. sucks hes so good....

He's the size of a baaaybae. Phone Post 3.0

Good. Wasn't much of a DJ fan before, but definately am now

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Team GDP - i understand not boycotting nevada for diaz's sake, but he should boycott nevada for his own sake. Just look at the fact that they had 2 negative tests from a wada accredited lab, and 1 positive test from a non-wada accredited lab, and they went with the latter. That should scare all fighters.

Thousands of fighters have competed in Nevada and none seem to have a problem except Nick, the guy who's failed 3 times and admittedly ran away from one in CA because he was going to fail.  

This last "failed" test and process isn't bullshit in your mind? The testing process doesn't even follow the NSAC's own rules. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you for the common sense. What's wrong with following the rules and NOT smoking dope?

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

I've never heard that last part. I can picture Diaz hiding under the ring or in a locker, peeking out and saying "Is he gone yet, homie?"