Does Nunes Stand a Chance?

No

scrapdo -
El Duderino -

I think Nunes has a good chance. Look how she dominated Ronda and Meisha. Her striking is really accurate. Not saying she will win, but I think it will be a much closer fight than people think.

This is my feeling and I’ve been saying it before this fight was even a reality. I like Nunes straight punches, accuracy and power to be enough to make this a very competitive fight. I think she can land more than any opponent ever has and, whether and if that is enough to hurt Cris and can she do it before getting hurt herself are the only questions I have. 

The face off did seem like Borg is a much bigger person, though. 

Pretty much this. I believe it will be highly competitive. Nunes is by FAR the most well rounded fighter Cyborg has faced, and Nunes has faced significantly better competition. I know Amanda was at FW before but it was so long ago I’m not sure it matters. 

If anything, Cyborgs size and power will be a factor. Either way neither of them have faced somebody like the other. It will be a great fight. 

Nunes bitches

Baddest woman on the planet

tanner904 -
PelosiesPanties -

I think she gets hurt or at the absolute least loses a lopsided decision. 

Nunes imo is by far the toughest fight cuborg has had and other people have took her the distance. Idk why nunes can’t win. She has the power to knock her out so she has a chance. I want to see this fight more than the other healiner

Yup! That was fun

Brian McLaughlin -

Amanda hits HARD she can knock any woman out, she has a real shot

Bam!

Fucking damn near flat lined.

UnTilliGuzzleSemenAgain -

She beats Cyborg

Good luck to whoever wants either one of those F’ing belts. I can’t imagine who can come get them. She is too sharp, too heavy handed and too confident. 

Can’t see it but you never know. 

boxing wiz - Nunes can flatout bang for the womens division. Cyborg has the reputation for being the puncher, but I think Amanda's power has been more impressive. Amanda also has a long reach and Cris will be in front of her willing to trade. Holly posed problems because of her footwork and boxing, I think Nunes is the most dangerous fight Cyborg has had. It should be explosive however long it lasts.
Let me bump this
CMFanforlife -

Amanda has fought much better competition than Cyborg.  I think that she exposes Cyborg and shocks the world by kicking her ass. 

Who called that? Who calls them all? Who is the best mma mind in the game and you all don’t even have a clue.  

boxing wiz -
boxing wiz - Nunes can flatout bang for the womens division. Cyborg has the reputation for being the puncher, but I think Amanda's power has been more impressive. Amanda also has a long reach and Cris will be in front of her willing to trade. Holly posed problems because of her footwork and boxing, I think Nunes is the most dangerous fight Cyborg has had. It should be explosive however long it lasts.
Let me bump this

It’s bumpable but you need to bump mine because I agreed and took it further by predicting that Cyroid would get an ass whipping 

RonaldRaygun -

I guess I'm alone in thinking Nunes has a really good chance here. I've thought for many years that Nunes was the only fighter who had a good chance of taking out Cyborg. Nunes has the power to end this fight in the first couple rounds. I personally think Cyborg isn't the same agressive killer that she was a couple years back. She picks her spots now and doesn't look to finish unless it's on a silver platter. I think this actually works against her.

This is the best matchup in WMMA history and I can't fucking wait. This is from someone who usually skips past most WMMA fights. I'm more excited for this than Jones vs Gustaffson, by far.

This guy...

Ozzimandias -
RonaldRaygun -

I guess I'm alone in thinking Nunes has a really good chance here. I've thought for many years that Nunes was the only fighter who had a good chance of taking out Cyborg. Nunes has the power to end this fight in the first couple rounds. I personally think Cyborg isn't the same agressive killer that she was a couple years back. She picks her spots now and doesn't look to finish unless it's on a silver platter. I think this actually works against her.

This is the best matchup in WMMA history and I can't fucking wait. This is from someone who usually skips past most WMMA fights. I'm more excited for this than Jones vs Gustaffson, by far.

This guy...

I haven't spazzed out that hard after a KO in years. I danced, I screamed, I sung, I jumped up and down..... GOD DAMN. I had wanted this fight for YEARS! I knew Nunes was the one who could spark Cyborg. She is a top 5 must watch fighter in all of MMA too. A true lioness. FUCKING GOAT!

Winston Wolf - biggest wmma fight of all time

Called it. 

Crow! EAT IT! all of you.

novaguy -

I foresee ref stoppage.

Wow!!! I had it going the other way, and I'm eating some serious crow..

who called this ?? first post in years ;p … what a card…

RonaldRaygun -
Ozzimandias -
RonaldRaygun -

This guy...

I haven't spazzed out that hard after a KO in years. I danced, I screamed, I sung, I jumped up and down..... GOD DAMN. I had wanted this fight for YEARS! I knew Nunes was the one who could spark Cyborg. She is a top 5 must watch fighter in all of MMA too. A true lioness. FUCKING GOAT!

Same here. I recall her early fights and have always been a fan