Done with the Arnolds

Bob, it's funny how you were okay until your daughter fought. hmmm. You threatened to DQ me for a bracket disfunction. You also abused the privelage and power that you were given to work the tourn. I for one played by the rules and I had to take 3rd in the pro even though there was a forfeiture in the 1st&2nd place fight. why? rules my friend. There were books of rules at every table. There were things that were supposed to be done and not everyone you brought did GREAT @ their job. You even announced that unless they fought your team you wished everyone good luck, otherwise you hoped they lost. Maybe you thought that was funny, but Relson has never said that. BIG MAN!

Last year you were the first one to lead a small riot onto the mats since your son got into a fight...looks like hot heads run in the family. Your girls were tough but like they were in a bar brawl.

Why not try to sac up and show some class??

Zesaku get your facts straight.
Kids division? Yes we have alot of tough kids. We also have George Spacek choked out Brazillan BLackbelt Ruban in Chicago Challenge. Rudy Salinas Beat Rey Diego by points here in Chicago. Rolando Higeros, John Welch,Brian Gassaway is coming back home, Shonie Carter,Maribel three time Arnolds womans Division Champion and Naga World Champion,My son Josh will take leave to be there from the Marines. My son Jason is training again he graduates in August from College. Jimmy Theobold is planning on it. Don't forget Terry Martin two time arnold Champion,Eric Muhammed 2nd and 3rd at Arnolds in one of those bullshit no-overtime raise the others guys hands calls. Jason Fowler, Herc,Jay and Marcos Estrada.WE also have many solid white belts and blue belts, and of coarse I will fight whoever. Master Bob

"Rudy Salinas Beat Rey Diego"

- When was this? If it ever occured it would have to have been 5 or 6 years ago, as Rey hasnt competed since then.

C-lo you know I was kidding you about that comment. We talked about your pedicament you should have taken it to Relson. Secondly I didn't start that riot with my sons match last year it exploded because of the elbows being thrown. Last you must not have seen me jump in a try and hold Jeff or chant let them fight. You were there you saw what happened it was wrong not. I treated you like a friend what happened.Master Bob

I'm saying. you and I know we talked right before Maribels fight and things were okay. I also know other things you said. You were not so respectful to some people and I saw you lead that crowd last year. I'm not attempting to berate you. i want you to realize that a lot of things happen and even more when $$ is involved. But to generate so much anti-Relson/Arnold's is a little bit overboard. Your people were running the brackets, but Relson gets the blame. Your people were volunteering the tables until your were mad when your daughter fought, then the whole slew of you cleared out with a quickness. I know you know what I'm saying and I want to be a BIGGER PERSON. I asked you about my match due to you having so much experience with the way the brackets work out and since I am a student of Relson's, I wasn't going to "attempt to make it work out for me", I was just curious if I could fight for 1st & 2nd since Jessica couldn't continue. The Answer you gave me was right and you know I accepted that. I'm not making personal accusation or choices, only discussing things that did happen.

Zesaku: And is that any different than the Renzo Gracie Horde swarming the competitions on the east coast and having 4 guys in every division?

If it would have been my trournament we run true seconds.

Lets get this straight BOB you had no right to make any deciding decisions in the matches you were asked to help run the the clockks, keep score , and security! Your head got big and you and your people tried to force the people out who were there to run the event! Your people made numerous mistakes including advancing losers to the next round and saying that there was overtime in tie matches!!!! Never has there been overtime approved by Relson if a tie if there after a match the REF has the right to make the decision on who was more aggressive!!!! Plus you want to boycott a Brazilian run event but you still want to train in Brazilian jiu-jitsu?

"this is read: "He better have his team well trained for his tournament because we are coming to win (the kids division by sheer numbers) and we are coming strong."

LMAO!!!

SA

Brazillians no longer own Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. That is just the name because that is where it came from. It is a truly open style now. Just like BJJ is an evolved version of Japanese Jiu Jitsu. Tomorrow, there will be evolved versions of BJJ.

The name of the style has nothing to do with the claims that Bob is making. I'm sure that he is reasonable enough to realize that not all Brazillians act the same, just like not all Americans act the same.

See this thread, entitled...

Please Do not generalize Brazilians

http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=SetMasterFrame&FID=1&CID=1

I agree with that title, completely.

Combat-Do is not Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu never was, and we use principles of science not based in Gracie jiu-jitsu but in science. I have never said I am boycotting Brazillian tournaments,I said I would never come back to the Arnolds. I was given the title Master I did not give it to myself. O-Sensei awarded me an eighth Dan I only wear my sixth in respect to his many years to acheive his 9th, I feel that he advanced me too young.Master Assuma,Master Satora Sayama and Master Matsumoto and many others years ago yelled at my students for calling me Bob. They and many Masters with years of experience honor me with the title. I have over forty years of experience and still compete because I love the sport. I practiced joint locks with Lou Talber in 1968 when he was 73 years old.He is one of my heros and I must follow his example. I honor the Gracie's and admire their skill,I have been here since the beginning of it all back in the late sixties. I have seen the great changes that the Gracie's have brought and I love those changes. Bias is wrong and what happened should be appoligized for. We all love this sport we all want it to grow, Cheating turns people away. I'm done also on this forum I'm going to teach class. Master Bob

gokartmozart...no offense, but we were just aware that we were talking to each other. Thanks!

BOB you did say " I WILL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER BRAZILIAN RAN EVENT AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO TO GO AMERICAN RUN EVENTS!" And the you team started chanting U.S.A. when more then half your team looked to be hispanic? You are tring to play both sides of the story here you daughter was not cheated by not having overtime since Relson does not allow overtime in his tournaments!!

Andre I did mean Carlson....I was fighting one of his guys and beat him soundly. Carlson started saying something to the table and then to the ref and the next thing you know the other guys hand is getting raised. Then later the ref came up to me and told me I won but there was a mistake at the table.

I respect Carlson but I do believe he used his pull to influence that match. I should be mad at the ref but I didn't know who he was.

Wade,

Likewise, you are a great competitor, and I know i
will run into you again at an event down the road!

Dustin

There were overtimes in the Pro Division.JD vs Shonie.

Thanks for all your help Combat Do you did a great
job. Here is my take on the event.

http://www.onthemat.com/arnold-classic-2004.html

Scotty

JSMHP,

Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I am really surprised to hear it. It doesnt sound anything like the Carlson I know.

Bob, you where wrong plain & simple, your guys did not have the urgency to fix errors, you left before the job was done & got way to emotional @ the event.