Early Herb Strikes Again.....

I'm a huge Lesnar fan but Cain was hitting clean hammerfists. Was a good stoppage. Phone Post

Kirik, I have reffed thooooouuuusaaands of fights & Herb Dean is theeeee best. No doubt......Mark Matheny

A few things, first, the troll name calling needs to stop. Especially when the OP is making a very good argument and backing up what he's saying. Also that huuuge cut was below his eye. And yes he went fetal, but he was also still intelligently defending himself. I also agree that he wasnt complaining after the fight,but do u think he would of complained if Rosenthal would have stopped the Carwin beatdown with a minute left? Btw I'm not a nuthugger, just somebody who wanted to see a second rd. Phone Post

K-Dub-"T" -  lol. FAIL!

We should be talking about "Quick Standup" John McCarthy instead.....<br type="_moz" />

+1

You should be happy. That beating would of gone for 5 more rounds. Phone Post

Dean verbally warned him.
Cain was stopping Brock from defending properly by holding the arm.
fighter safety.
good call.
fuck off.

"A few things, first, the troll name calling needs to stop. Especially when the OP is making a very good argument and backing up what he's saying. Also that huuuge cut was below his eye. And yes he went fetal, but he was also still intelligently defending himself. I also agree that he wasnt complaining after the fight,but do u think he would of complained if Rosenthal would have stopped the Carwin beatdown with a minute left? Btw I'm not a nuthugger, just somebody who wanted to see a second rd.".......... A few things: whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Troll. Phone Post

Kirik - I have reffed hundreds of fights. Herb Dean is the best in the business.

Stopage was fine.

Cain murdalized him Phone Post

if that fight shouldnt be stopped then maybe madsen should've been allowed to punch yvel for another 3 minutes? its the same kinda defense imo

He was rolling away, arm in the air, after being beat up. I don't know how you would defend that stoppage as early. 

In every time I have done that sort of competiion if I am rolling like that I'm totally not "intelligently" defending myself

STOP!!!!!

http://piczasso.com/i/plz0o.gif

ALL HAIL YOUR PITEOUS SHRIEKING !!!!!!

For Christ sake, Cheick Kongo last longer than that.

TheBeebs -  A few things, first, the troll name calling needs to stop. Especially when the OP is making a very good argument and backing up what he's saying. Also that huuuge cut was below his eye. And yes he went fetal, but he was also still intelligently defending himself. I also agree that he wasnt complaining after the fight,but do u think he would of complained if Rosenthal would have stopped the Carwin beatdown with a minute left? Btw I'm not a nuthugger, just somebody who wanted to see a second rd. Phone Post
At least someone here's being reasonable.

Generally Herb does a good job, but he's stopped fights early numerous times.  He'd had a good run recently but this early stoppage in a title fight is just unacceptable.  Title fights need a definitive outcome more than any other fight, so Herb needs to let it be a clear cut thing and not insert himself into the fight.  He had plenty of alternatives and chose the easy way out.

Had he he let the fight continue it could have led to a) true TKO/KO stoppage, b) true verbal/tap to strikes submission by Lesnar, c) Cain winning a 5 rnd decision, d) Lesnar recovering to win the fight himself in the later rounds, e) Lesnar wins a 5 rnd decision, etc.  So many more acceptable outcomes than Herb stepping in when a fighter was a) plainly concious, b) still defending/rolling/etc., c) outside what looked like a glove/finger cut had no more damage than vs. Shane.

And unless someone was there with Brock the entire time post fight I don't see how anyone can attest to him being ok with the stoppage i.e. didn't think he could continue.  Obviously if he couldn't have continued he would have a) been unconcious or b) verbal submission/tap.  Considering Brock's new found humility would anyone really expect the guy to immediately protest in the post-fight interview?  Brock has been nothing but class since he returned from his illness so it's foolish to assume he would automatically voice his complaints, espeially to a significantly pro-Cain audience.  GIve him some credit.

I have to agree. Arm punches arn't nearly as effective as leg punches.

GrappleYou -  Look at Brock's face... How much more punishment would you have him take?? Throw some Tigers in there too, let em fight to the death.. Phone Post
Oh I don't know, perhaps enough for him to actually a) go unconcious, b) drop his hands/defense, c) verbally submit/tap.  You know, realistic reactiions to damaging strikes that you're unable to handle.