Eilers' killer found guilty

Whoever posted 20 years is clueless and spoke out of his ass.  Volutary manslaugter carries a maximum of 15 years.  This case wont be anywhere near that, and it's sad.

MoreThanUFC -  Whoever posted 20 years is clueless and spoke out of his ass.  Volutary manslaugter carries a maximum of 15 years.  This case wont be anywhere near that, and it's sad.

beat me to it. lol @ 20 years for voluntary manslaughter

He'll probably be out in less than 10

RIP Justin Eilers........horrible what happened

Who carries a gun in their own home????

In this country, anyone who fucking wants to (and rightly so)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herring In A Fur Coat -
kcbjj - Who carries a gun in their own home????

In this country, anyone who fucking wants to (and rightly so)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QFT

absolutely.

So people shouldn't have the right to bear arms?

Archangel - So people shouldn't have the right to bear arms?

Who are you responding to?

imanari fan - I know next to nothing about the man who fired the fatal shot

You really should have stopped here.

ICTimer - 
imanari fan - I know next to nothing about the man who fired the fatal shot

You really should have stopped here.

Would you suggest that the knee-jerk "EXECUTE HIM" asshats in this thread are privy to some personal information that I'm not? Because otherwise I fail to see how my take on the situation is any less legitimate than theirs. If anything, my perspective is even more legitimate since I'm not an irrational, hyper-emotional woman like some of you.

You girls can split hairs all day...none of us stood there and watched it go down...so we will all speculate till the end of time but at the end of the day Justin is gone.His son and His Mom will never see him again bottom line...

RIP JUSTIN thanks for all the good training sessions....

imanari fan - 
Sagiv's MOD slave -  If he dies in prison it would be a fitting end. RIP innocent victime.

My God, you're an absolute retard. Do you even know what "voluntary manslaughter" entails? Eilers was a professional fighter with a history of violent outbursts. He was hardly the innocent victim of some random act of cruelty, such as a child getting abducted and murdered. Get some fucking perspective.

Except Malec had previously made the statement before this incident that if Eilers ever caused a problem in his house, he was going to kill him.
ANd he was strapped on Xmas eve, definately smacks of looking for any little excuse to get his gun off.
SElf defense claim is bullshit, he was never in any danger, and his wife (eilers Mom) was between them anyways.
If Eilers was a cop, or in the military, would it be justified to shoot him just because he had military/police training? No.
JUst because he is a professional fighter is absolutely NO excuse to get murdered just because someone else is a pussy and afraid of the image.

I think you need to get some perspective yourself on what a resonable, valid, justifiable need to shoot someone entails.
NO reason for anyone to get killed in that scenario.

kcbjj - Who carries a gun in their own home????

Ok, Ted Nugent.

Never know when Zombie aliens are going to attack your house on Christmas Eve.

"Never lose sight of the fact that Justin tried to make a living by pummeling people into submission," Petrie said.

Fucking defense lawyers * shakes head*

Without getting into specifics, there are many very level-headed, completely law abiding citizens who carry a firearm in their house. We can get into a broader debate on the weapons subforum.

I do not believe the viewpoint, but a pacifist could easily say, "only a violent person spends time beating people up, choking them until they pass out and training to break their limbs! Imagine a trained figher, drunk, acting in a menacing manner!" etc. This is probably exactly why the charge was voluntary manslaughter vs. 2nd degree murder - there were mitigating circumstances.

This is why I agree with those who are saying that it's just a bad situation all around. Nobody wins, very unfortunate.

Chimonos Revenge - 
imanari fan - 
Sagiv's MOD slave -  If he dies in prison it would be a fitting end. RIP innocent victime.

My God, you're an absolute retard. Do you even know what "voluntary manslaughter" entails? Eilers was a professional fighter with a history of violent outbursts. He was hardly the innocent victim of some random act of cruelty, such as a child getting abducted and murdered. Get some fucking perspective.

Except Malec had previously made the statement before this incident that if Eilers ever caused a problem in his house, he was going to kill him.
ANd he was strapped on Xmas eve, definately smacks of looking for any little excuse to get his gun off.
SElf defense claim is bullshit, he was never in any danger, and his wife (eilers Mom) was between them anyways.
If Eilers was a cop, or in the military, would it be justified to shoot him just because he had military/police training? No.
JUst because he is a professional fighter is absolutely NO excuse to get murdered just because someone else is a pussy and afraid of the image.

I think you need to get some perspective yourself on what a resonable, valid, justifiable need to shoot someone entails.
NO reason for anyone to get killed in that scenario.

Slow your roll, hoss. At no point did I claim the killing was "justified," only that Eilers was not exactly the poor, innocent victim that some have portrayed him as. He seemed to have an unchecked problem with rage control, and that is what ultimately lead him to his fate.

Having a temper doesn't excuse what happened to him, but it does explain it.

(regarding to what I said two posts above)

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/mitigating_circumstance.htm

Meaning:(law) a circumstance that does not exonerate a person but which reduces the penalty associated with the offense.

--

In court there is a shit ton of drama. ANYthing can come into play even things that an objective observer may think is totally irrelevant at first glance.

I am willing to bet that Malec and Eilers were both ignorant agressive assholes.

Only problem is one turned out to be a killer as well.

J-LauFan1 - what will he probably be sentenced to?

i think max is 14 yrs, which he will likely get (jury came back pretty quick). he will likely do 7 of that. all in ad-seg because of his history as a former co.

i have to comment on all the stuff about him being a former cop and that somehow makes him trustworthy & upstanding. he never was. MP isn't the same thing at all. and he worked a few years as a corrections officer. he was just a jailer. he is a drunk, and it cost him much over the years, including his current freedom.

7-14 yrs is a LONG time for a guy like that, and he will have nothing to come home to. IF he makes it out of there at all. for a young man, it could be something you can rally from. for this guy its basically a life sentence. good riddance

mostly i feel for the mother in all this. She lost her son, and then had to make the choice to testify against her husband. the 8 year old kid isn't gonna have an easy road either.

sad, and i'm glad its finally over-MM

Tragedy. RIP Eilers.

RIP

The guy should have got off. That sucks. Cant even defend his own wife.