feb 2 wayne parr vs tony bonello.

^^^ underworld has his family imo.

I have a fair enough question for Tony, Why dont you come on the Forum, answer questions promote your fights etc.

Aus mma is still relitavely small, The majority of hard core fans look at this, not to mention coaches etc.

It would be good to here his point of view on certain subjects (that we all think we know), instead of speculation, which in (my) opinion hasnt done him any favors at all.

It could be argued that "who gives a fuck what people say on this forum", but again in my opinion with mma so close nit in Aus, i think this forum is a very important tool.

And im sure it would be nice to try and make some Fans out of the people who do follow mma!

Well chosen words SuperSoldier

Bonello by Superplex off the top turnbuckle.

I cannot wait to see this fight.

"Do we really need to see another fight between an experienced grappler and a striker with no ground training?"

That's about it.

why dont they have a jwp v bonello with muay thai or just striking rules. wonder how that would turn out

I think this is actually a Win-Win for JWP and a Lose-Lose for Bonello.

If JWP wins, everyone will be impressed that he beat a guy with a far superior (according to rumour) ground game. If he loses, that's OK too because of the obvious skill difference on the ground.

If Bonello wins, no one will give a shit because a BJJ blackbelt should beat a striker with very limited grappling experience. If he loses, everyone will take this piss because he couldn't beat a ground novice whilst being a BJJ blackbelt himself.

We won't ever see Bonello compete in BJJ or subgrappling. It's too risky.

Tony is a BJJ Black Belt and I gave it to him.

Regards,

Paulo Guimaraes.

Hi Paulo,

Quick question regarding tonys Rank, How long was he a PURPLE belt and how long was he a BROWN belt?

if there is no reply then thats cool, ill take it that he wasnt a PURPLE or BROWN too long. lol

Im also inclined to think that (and this is just my opinion) that toney has alot of (MONEY) from his "SPONSORS" to throw around..... hmmmm

how much do you charge for a BB grading?, fair question.

by the way, who are his "sponsors"?

not xyience, after all and im not doubting his ability but for his "sponsors" to put up 100k to keep him fighting in Aus when in reality hes an undefeated cage multiple champion, yet he hasnt been picked up by any notable organisation ie pride or ufc.....

Hmm maybe his "sponsors" dont have that much money

well im just thinking out loud here.

supersoldier, i have no idea how much money you make when you fight. or, how much money your sponsors pay you. please share it with me, i'm curious. since you think that tony's sponsors might not have that much money. you must be making massive amounts of money to consider his sponsors not having much money.

tony has several sponsors, but, for this fight vs parr. peter sisiolas ceo of fatblaster has put up 100k. in last years brw 500 richest people in australia, it had peter's personal wealth at over $40,000,000. thats forty million dollars. not much money huh ? how much money you got in your bank ? parr is getting $35,000. bonello $65,000. for the fight. thats more money parr has ever made for a single fight in his entire career. parr told me himself when i was getting this fight signed, that he hasn't got a single sponsor. not 1. so, for the greatest muay thai fighter in australia to not be making any money from sponsors. i'm very interested in knowing what you make from your sponsors, or if in fact you have 1. considering tony has brought a sponsor to the table to put up that amount of money. is more than anyone else ever has in this country. many people in oz praise parr for being great, which he is. but, how many people put there hands in their pockets and give him a huge payday ? none. we did. so, if you think tony's sponsors dont have much money, please tell me how much you or your sponsors have contributed to the sport of mma. it's easy to talk. lets see you do.

as for tony's bjj or fighting ability in general. there's only one way to know how good anyone is, thats to train with them. tony trains full time. everyday. your welcome anytime to find out. that invitation is open to anyone. anthony mundine, sakio bika, steve and stuart mckinnon, luke picklum, adam kayoom, gorton graf, bill kalache and paulo are his main sparring partners for his fight with parr. but, it would be awsome to get a few new people in the gym to beat him up. so, if anyone on this forum would like to spar with him, the door is open till the fight. anyone.

interesting sparring partners.......who's jwp working with? is he training up in gold coast or elsewhere for this? and who's in his corner? and when jwp takes it (yes i'm a fan...my last fight i saw of him was against preacher) mma be a goer?....

kotcdownunder,

Mate, Im saying Tonys Sponsors pay him ALOT of money.
For instance $100000 for the wayne parr fight.
Thats alot of money considering
its waynes first and possibly last mma fight.
So for that much money your promotion couldnt find a suitable (credible) opponent for tony!
I find this Hard to believe, $100000 to fight a much smaller opponent with, now come on lets face it, no ground skills.
So will beating JWP spring Tony into superstardom ie pride or ufc.... nope, the answer there is theres too much money to be made at home Right!!

Now what are the betting odds on this fight.....?

• Other questions are that how long was Tony a BLUE, PURPLE and BROWN BELT??
    Im sure if i asked any black belt they could tell me.

• Other Question was that HOW MUCH MONEY does Paulo charge for his BB?

as we all know tonys sponsers have a ton of cash.

So to rehash mate, wayne parr getting his biggest payday( for single fight) a fighter that wont tap in under a min but will get taken down and subbed in under a min or 2 depending on how the betting odds go.

sure putting mma on the map here!

"as for tony's bjj or fighting ability in general. there's only one way to know how good anyone is, thats to train with them"

Really, i thought it was by fighting QUALITY opponents.
Jwp is Aus best muay thai fighter but for mma......

PARR is in the US names I have heard mentioned in the mix were Joe STEVENSON, Cub SWANSON & Babalu.

Just gotta chose between this event and Frank v Renzo :(

Justin

It's easy. Don't watch the show.

I certainly won't be. Which is a shame, I'd like to see some of the legit guys in action (JWP included).

But hey, that's just me.

I also wonder if any of the MMA oddsmakers are going to run a line on this fight?

I thought Adam Kayoom was in Malaysia? Tony flew him down for the fight?

Gary Goodridge wants to fight in Australia, that would be a good fight for Tony Bonello? KOTCDownunder if you are interested in talking to him let me know and i will get him to contact you.

We actually spoke about that a while back and BONELLO was keen aslong as he bought that big amazon chick with the weave, might be his sister??

Justin