Fedor can take his 2.5 and shove it up his ass.

He's not making $2.5m over and above what the UFC might have paid him.

I can't see why the UFC wouldn't pay him at least $1m per fight including PPV points.

Anyway yeah wish he was in the big league. Phone Post 3.0

The guy has the right to work and make money wherever he wants.

FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
. Phone Post 3.0

While I prefer ed be go to the ufc. He doesn't owe us anything. He's the goat. Phone Post 3.0

Dom Hemingway - Everyone is afraid to post in a Fedor thread that isn't worshipping him. Guy is a MMA legend, absolutely. But do not deny the fact he ducked all the best fighters for a one off on New Year's Eve. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not.

Fedor was successful when guys were still one dimensional. Guys in pride were masters of one art. You'd either fight the striker, the wrestler or the BJJ guy. Fedor was the well rounded martial artist in the heavyweight division at the time. He ain't the goat. He avoided too competition when guys were becoming well rounded. When he did fight good fighters, he lost. Phone Post 3.0

Kevin bacon - He doesn't owe you shit. Go fuck yourself. Phone Post 3.0
Mr Bacon? Phone Post 3.0

FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
First post killed it as usual. Vu Phone Post 3.0

He may still be in talks with the ufc. But even if he jumped in the next two fights he'd be like 42 by then. Idk Phone Post 3.0

Just. Going to copy/paste my post from another thread... My $0.02

"Right cuz what would a guy pushing 40 near the end of his athletic earning potential who grew up in poverty with a family of his own in an economically fragile country wan with millions of dollars?" Phone Post 3.0

Let the people decide, and Get off the high horse OP. Phone Post 3.0

Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0
Good for him to get that big pay day.

I would have liked to see him in the UFC but there is always next year.... Phone Post 3.0

Honestly, I'm happy about it. I'd love to see Bellator take over. Imagine Bellators promotion paired with having actual top fighters.

I'm Happy for him. The bigger this event is the more he'll be offered on the next go round of negotiations from the UFC.
They understand. I expect a late summer UFC debut. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik - 

I am bummed out for myself, and super happy for Fedor. I hope Kimbo gets paid $1,000,000 too, or who ever they choose as "a fighter who will mean something for the future of mixed martial arts."

For me, I got a lot of happiness from watching Fedor. I am happy to watch him collect a paycheck now.

And, yah, I am wicked bummed he is not in the UFC.

I'm interested to know why anyone would want a legend who is way past their prime to get their ass kicked? Do you really wanna see Cain or JDS beat the living shit of Fedor? I don't ever wanna see that. Also what makes you so sure the UFC wasn't offering that kind of money to Fedor?

I am a big believer that Main event MMA fighters are way under paid. I'm sorry but I don't care how bad Kimbo is, if you consistently pull the kind of ratings he pulls in for every one of his fights. He shouldn't get paid less then at least a million dollars a fight.

Dom Hemingway - 

He doesn't owe you shit.
Never ever said he owed me anything. But, if your gonna play the game, roll the dice with the best. Phone Post 3.0

what?

The fucking world revolves around money. If it isn't survival or reproducing or protecting our family the next top driving force is money.

And maybe giving Dana the finger at the same time.

Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0
Spoken like a true dumb American Phone Post 3.0

As I said in another thread, I think he probably already signed with the new Japanese promotion even before announcing he was coming out out retirement. The interest in fighting werdum and coming to the ufc was just a ruse dreamed up by Millen or Sakabara to get some hype going. This way it looks like the new promotion beat out the ufc. When in truth, even if the ufc offered him 10 million dollars for one fight he would not have been able to accept because he was already signed. That being said, Fedor has been very truthful in the past that he only did mma for the money. His love is with combat Sambo. He really has no love of mma at all. Phone Post 3.0

Dom Hemingway -

He doesn't owe you shit.
Never ever said he owed me anything. But, if your gonna play the game, roll the dice with the best. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure there is a more challenging job in your field that pays a lot less. Why aren't you working that job? Phone Post 3.0

How dare he not sell his soul to The Zuffa mafia!
I for one am quite glad he didn't sign. Phone Post 3.0

Signing where he isn't making the most money is just stupidity. If Zuffa weren't cheap fucks he'd be in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0