Fedor can take his 2.5 and shove it up his ass.

Dom Hemingway - 
FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
Never ever said he owed me anything. But, if your gonna play the game, roll the dice with the best. Phone Post 3.0

Thats just stupid and bad advice. If your gonna play the game roll the dice against someone who you will destroy for huge profits

lionsoul - 

I agree with Kirik... it is pathetic that the UFC wasn't willing to pay him what he is worth.

Really F'd up for the UFC not to bring in the greatest fighter ever.

He isn't worth that. The promotion will almost certainly lose money on that event. Dana tries to pretend he is the reason all these other promotions die out, but most of them died because they overpaid for Fedor who isn't a big draw in the most important market.

Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

I agree. He could have had a GUARANTEED $5,000 in sponsorship money with the UFC, why the fuck would he sign for $2.5 million elsewhere. What an idiot!

Be disappointed, sure. But to castigate him for taking an enormous amount of guaranteed money is childish. People do what Fedor did every single day. I know I would.

Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

You will still watch it bitch.

Money over legacy.

Samoa - 
Dom Hemingway -
FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
Never ever said he owed me anything. But, if your gonna play the game, roll the dice with the best. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure there is a more challenging job in your field that pays a lot less. Why aren't you working that job? Phone Post 3.0

Ok, guys can we now focus our attention on fighters who want to fight the best in the world.

i got banned - Ok, guys can we now focus our attention on fighters who want to fight the best in the world.
In this thread with this title? Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

I am bummed out for myself, and super happy for Fedor. I hope Kimbo gets paid $1,000,000 too, or who ever they choose as "a fighter who will mean something for the future of mixed martial arts."

For me, I got a lot of happiness from watching Fedor. I am happy to watch him collect a paycheck now.

And, yah, I am wicked bummed he is not in the UFC.

This all day.

He had a hell of a career, and deserves to bank on it. He owes the fans NOTHING, he's already sacrificed his body and his undefeated streak is over.

Why would he sign with a company that denigrated him, insulted him, and didn't want to cough up the cash? And even if the UFC matched the price, why sign a contract with a company you don't have a good feel for? He signed, he can have sponsors of his own, and I will watch him fight whomever is willing to step in the ring with him. Good for fedor. Phone Post 3.0

He's probably making several fold more than he'd make elsewhere in a country where he's loved and appreciated vs. being a relatively unknown in the US. Am I disappointed he's not fighting in the UFC? Yeah, but like others have said, as a nearly 40 y/o athlete, the business decision is a no-brainer.

Lmfao if you think Fedor would wear the Reebok outfits Phone Post 3.0

Jack_Bauer - 

I agree. He could have had a GUARANTEED $5,000 in sponsorship money with the UFC, why the fuck would he sign for $2.5 million elsewhere. What an idiot!

Why would you compare sponsorship money with fight money?

If he was looking for a challenge he would come to the UFC but he's looking for a payday so you want to the org that would give him the mos cash Phone Post 3.0

KJ! - 
TopChute - 2.5 million for one night, no fighter in the world turns that down.
I'd suck your dick for 2.5 million dollars. Phone Post 3.0

will you take a check?

I am GLAD fedor is not in the ufc. I would loathe seeing him walk out in reebok shorts and numetal music with a just bleed guy next to him. Phone Post 3.0

Dude already beat his generation's best (Nog, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Silvia) and now people expect him to come back 10 years later to do it again? Not gonna happen. Good on him for making extra coin for a few squash matches.

So his entire career was a joke? He's never fought in the UFC and isn't going to. Deal with it. Phone Post 3.0

How big do you think his ass is? Phone Post 3.0

pistolpete86 - Lets just be grateful we get to see him fight again, in any setting. Phone Post 3.0

I guess I don't understand this. I like to watch fights that are competitive where I am not sure what is going to happen. I am not grateful to see Fedor come back to fight some guys that he will probably have little trouble in defeating.

Good for him that he is going to make some money. At this stage in MMA he is the greatest of all time but he is not the greatest at this time.

I shouldn't be mad that he is isn't in the UFC because I assume he would get murdered by JDS, Cain, Miocic, and Werdum but at the same time, because I am a big fan of his, I like to think that maybe he is fired up and could show the Fedor of old and pull off some huge wins. I think that is the disappointment for many fans.

Many keyboard experts will say that Fedor is the best heavyweight on the planet among active fighters today because of what he did between 2003-2009. A fucking impressive run regardless of the cans that were sporadically placed in his schedule. Others, like myself, will say that he has not proven that he can compete with top tier competition since he faced Arlovski in January of 2009. That is the crux of the issue. We will never know. Unless he gets starched by some no name, then we will have a definitive answer.

Should the UFC have offered him millions per fight and spent millions in marketing to turn him into a mainstream name in the USA knowing full well he would jump ship ASAP for another organization as soon as he could? I wouldn't have recommended it, but god damn I would have loved to have seen him step across the octagon from Junior and see if the Fedor of old would show up to pull off another insane victory.