Fedor is why I love MMA . Rogers is why i hate MMA

Steamfitter - 
Aasen - It wasn't sears it was sams club

Sam's club? Dude must like working for $5 dollars an hour.

Sam's Club cant pay less than minimum wage. Sears pays minimum wage too so it's not like it's any better lol

Rali - 
bulletmagnet - 
Rali - If you think Rogers throws flailing punches then you've never laced up a glove in your life. The great thing about MMA is that it just takes one punch/kick/sub and that end the fight. I was glad when Rogers beat Arlovski.

He will lose to Fedor, however.

You're telling me that Rogers could stand and trade with any big name HW Pro Boxer, Kick Boxer, etc.?

Go watch his videos again and then come back to me because right now it sounds like YOU have never laced up a pair of gloves.

Where did I write that he could stand and trade with any big name pro boxers/kickboxers? I implied that he can punch. Do you think he can't?

He did stand and trade with AA btw.

AA has a glass jaw and has fell off the face of the earth. And on top of that, it was one lucky punch. I didnt say he doesnt punch hard, any big guy can punch hard, but he don't know how to box.

Whambo - well going from his first recorded fight, hes now been training over 3 yrs. Considering he probably trained before he fought, lets say he trained 4 yrs now. Hes won every fight by KO including a KO over a former UFC champ. Why hate on the guy? Sounds like a guy with potential to me..

Definitely has potential but you have to remember that this will be the first thing that people see of MMA. We're going to get a lot more of these couch warriors who will think they can step into the cage and it takes no skill.

IE: TUF 10.

GJJ2803 - 
Steamfitter - 

Sam's Club cant pay less than minimum wage. Sears pays minimum wage too so it's not like it's any better lol

My point of mentioning him changing tires was not the fact that it was a shitty job, just the fact that he was not pursing an athletic career. He could have been an IT guy for all I care.

A regular Joe thrown in with a seemingly unstoppable Russian opponent?

Brett Rogers sounds like Rocky Balboa to me.

bulletmagnet - 
GJJ2803 - 
Steamfitter - 

My point of mentioning him changing tires was not the fact that it was a shitty job, just the fact that he was not pursing an athletic career. He could have been an IT guy for all I care.

so the fuck what? sean sherk worked as a carpenter for much of his MMA career

bulletmagnet - 
Cant_Land_Head_kicks - 
bulletmagnet - 
Steve4192 - Big brawlers have always been a part of the sport.  From Harold Howard to Tank Abbot to Gary Goodridge to Andre Roberts to Bobby Hoffman, to Tim Sylvia, there has always been a place in the sport big bangers.  There is nothing wrong with having guys like that in the sport, and some of the most memorable fights in the history of the sport have involved guys of the same ilk.

You want to know what is bad for the sport?

Emo little bitches who whine about fighters being bad for the sport because they don't fit into their own narrow worldview of what a fighter should be ... are bad for the sport.

Youe wrong.Gary Goodridge was a karate expert first, then kickboxing champ... list goes on, dont feel like explaining it to you. Tank Abott is your only comparison. I would be bitching if he was headlining a card on CBS as well. Nowadays the sport is heading towards much more professional aspect. Its supposed to be a SPORT, not a freak show. Its no longer a street fighter vs a jiu jitsu guy.

Its supposed to be two highly skilled MMA athletes vs each other. At least that's what joe rogan and goldey got me to believe.
I don't mean to be an arse man, but right now you are up there in the top 5 biggest douchebags on mma.tv and that's saying something man. Why the fuck does someone need to be training for 10+ years of their life in a specific martial art to qualify as a mixed martial artist? Brett does everything any other fighter would do and he fights using "mixed martial arts", wether he's drilling TD, TD Defence, Sub defence, it's all relevant and all apart of MMA, and he may not have trained since he was fucking 6 and been like the Karate kid movies that you obviously base your fucked up opinion on but as of now i can guarantee you that he trains in all aspects of MMA, from boxing to Muay thai to BJJ and wrestling, your whole post if flawed and retarded at best. Seriously stio defending this utter bullcrap you wrote and stop fucking hating because he's getting the opportunity of a lifetime while your stuck at your computer.

Cheers.

First of all, no need to get all in a pissy fit. Im just saying what I love about MMA and what I dont. I have nothing against Rogers personally, it's just that the HW division sucks ass.

"Why the fuck does someone need to be training for 10+ years of their life in a specific martial art to qualify as a mixed martial artist?"

That means that they are highly skilled. Brett Rogers has some very sloppy stand up and terrible ground skills. He has only beat cans and got a lucky punch of a washed up AA.

"Brett does everything any other fighter would do and he fights using "mixed martial arts", wether he's drilling TD, TD Defence, Sub defence, it's all relevant and all apart of MMA, and he may not have trained since he was fucking 6 and been like the Karate kid movies that you obviously base your fucked up opinion on but as of now i can guarantee you that he trains in all aspects of MMA, from boxing to Muay thai to BJJ and wrestling, your whole post if flawed and retarded at best."

What a run on... wow, well.. lets see, I didn't say he doesnt train "MMA" in fact, that is why I dont like what he stands for.

" Seriously stio defending this utter bullcrap you wrote and stop fucking hating because he's getting the opportunity of a lifetime while your stuck at your computer.

Cheers."

How do you know im stuck in my computer chair? You need to stick to the subject instead of ridiculing me. Cheers to you as well.

I'm in no way ridiculing you, i'm just saying you seem to be hating alot on a guy that has the chance of a lifetime, and i hate people that give other people shit for something that either wish they were doing or know that there is no way that would ever man up and do it.

"What a run on... wow, well.. lets see, I didn't say he doesnt train "MMA" in fact, that is why I dont like what he stands for."

How is it a run on that im defending what he does? You were giving him shit because you apparently think because he doesnt have a background in a martial art that he's some idiot that just Tranes UFC, he's a fucking mixed martial artist, give the guy a fucking break dude.

"That means that they are highly skilled. Brett Rogers has some very sloppy stand up and terrible ground skills. He has only beat cans and got a lucky punch of a washed up AA."

So what if they are highly fucking skilled, how skilled are you honestly? and would you pass up on the opportunity to earn shitloads of money and get recognition and saved from your rat race job? Or would you sit there and go "Shit man, i have no martial art as a background i'll never amount to shit, i mosewell not try it"

I wanted Fedor to win and still do, but i would love to see Rogers beat him just to prove to you that you don't need to have years of training in a martial art to make it, sure the sport is Mixed martial arts, and it would be great to see only the best from the respect arts, but that's not the way it is anymore, and the sooner you realise that there is a shitload of talent out there the better, because plain and simple MMA is a combat sport and it (as much as you may hate it) involves fighting, and you don't need years apon years of a martial art to suceed.

Cheers :)

Isn't MMA supposed to be the closest thing to a real fight?Well in a real fight the bigger, stronger dude wins a lot, regardless of technique. Thats why there are weight classes!

Let me break it to you, technique, practice , skill does not always win! Anyone who thinks it does , has not been in enough fights to know it doesnt.

That is why I love MMA, if you are worried about Fedor losing maybe he shouldnt be fighting guys that are 6'5" 265. Size matters in any physical altercation!

I too believe Fedor will win, but Rogers has a punchers chance.

Also BJ Penn was winning comps after only 2 years, does that mean he didnt deserve it?

lifeaftrprison - Isn't MMA supposed to be the closest thing to a real fight?Well in a real fight the bigger, stronger dude wins a lot, regardless of technique. Thats why there are weight classes!

Let me break it to you, technique, practice , skill does not always win! Anyone who thinks it does , has not been in enough fights to know it doesnt.

That is why I love MMA, if you are worried about Fedor losing maybe he shouldnt be fighting guys that are 6'5" 265. Size matters in any physical altercation!

Hong Man Choi

Ryan MacLeod - Take solace in the fact that 10-15 years from now goons won't be able to walk into MMA with next to zero training. The level of athletes will rise to such a level that it will become impossible to excel without a lifetime of training under your belt.

Exactly,

A lifetime of training doesn't mean they need a background in a martial art before they can be taken serious, you can get a lifetime of training at an mma gym and still be on the same level as someone who has trained bjj for 10 years and then gotten into mma.

Rumbler -

JoeVIP - I want Rogers to win because Fedor didn't sign with UFC. But I expect Fedor to smash him.

You need to log off this site and go drill some arm sub's...Facking TUF newb that tranes UFC...

What?? Tuf newb?? I've been following the sport since 93. And a martial artist for 16 years. Just because I wanted to see Fedor fight the best and not a sears tire changer doesn't make me a newb. I'm going to assume your being sarcastic about the arm sub's seeing as how I have won 7 fights with armbars.

So let me clarify what you meant: You hate Rogers cause he has been training for 2 years and is in a pretty big show on CBS; fighting no-less that Fedor and you have been training for 16 years and are effectively a nobody. Does that about sum it up?

Like Toughman, MMA is a sport where local goons can shine with limited skills. 

Still, Fedor will snuff him.

Ryan MacLeod - Take solace in the fact that 10-15 years from now goons won't be able to walk into MMA with next to zero training. The level of athletes will rise to such a level that it will become impossible to excel without a lifetime of training under your belt.

My hope exactly.

everyone's gotta start somewhere dumb-ass! not everyone has the privilege of growing up with proper training.

"I'm in no way ridiculing you, i'm just saying you seem to be hating alot on a guy that has the chance of a lifetime, and i hate people that give other people shit for something that either wish they were doing or know that there is no way that would ever man up and do it."

How do you know I don't fight in the UFC?

"So what if they are highly fucking skilled, how skilled are you honestly? and would you pass up on the opportunity to earn shitloads of money and get recognition and saved from your rat race job? Or would you sit there and go "Shit man, i have no martial art as a background i'll never amount to shit, i mosewell not try it""

I'm pretty skilled. I don't blame Rogers for hoping on it. I dont know how many times I got to say it. Just like Kimbo. Dont hate either, but they arent the best representatives for the sport. Who has Kimbo or Rogers beat? And dont say AA because that was one fluke on a washed up AA.

"I wanted Fedor to win and still do, but i would love to see Rogers beat him just to prove to you that you don't need to have years of training in a martial art to make it, sure the sport is Mixed martial arts, and it would be great to see only the best from the respect arts, but that's not the way it is anymore, and the sooner you realise that there is a shitload of talent out there the better, because plain and simple MMA is a combat sport and it (as much as you may hate it) involves fighting, and you don't need years apon years of a martial art to suceed.
Cheers :)"

You're a moron. That's my point. The sad fact that you don't need years upon years of training right now to compete in MMA at a "High Level." Whatever happened to the bad ass guys that've been training their whole lives and are the most dangerous man on the plant. You don't see people working their 9-5 and fighting. Whole sport loses its legitimacy.

You do need years upon years to succeed. (I assume that's what you were trying to spell). At least you should. That's what it means to be a black belt. What is Brett Rogers a black belt at?

armbarring - OP cant stand to see a nigga shine huh?

How do you know im not black?

Brett Rogers is a good guy all the fuck the way around, so the OP can suck a fucking nut.

bulletmagnet - 
You do need years upon years to succeed. (I assume that's what you were trying to spell). At least you should. That's what it means to be a black belt. What is Brett Rogers a black belt at?

Who gives a shit whether he has a belt and what color it is? Let's see how much trouble he gives Fedor.

Cant_Land_Head_kicks - 

Exactly,

A lifetime of training doesn't mean they need a background in a martial art before they can be taken serious, you can get a lifetime of training at an mma gym and still be on the same level as someone who has trained bjj for 10 years and then gotten into mma.

Yeah but that's the gay part about it. But Rogers has not been training for a life time. It wouldnt be that bad if he was an elite athlete training his whole career for this and is finally fighting in CBS. Shit, he grew up in CBS right next to Kimbo and James Thompson. Three of the worst representatives of the sport. Its a circus act at CBS.

You are a dousche bag of the highest magnitude. There is nothing wrong with working at Sears, he might be capable of working a more "prestegious" job, but this may give him the proper time to train hard. Get a life. I guarantee Fedor respects Rogers, any man who is willing to work hard and fight deserves it.
As far as training is concerned and how long someone has been doing it,Look how long Foreman was training before he won the Olympic Gold. A little over a year, and probably would be capable of winning the championship as a pro withing 3 years. If your'e great and work smart and hard, why do you need 10 years or more?