Fedor is why I love MMA . Rogers is why i hate MMA

HexRei - 
bulletmagnet - 
You do need years upon years to succeed. (I assume that's what you were trying to spell). At least you should. That's what it means to be a black belt. What is Brett Rogers a black belt at?

Who gives a shit whether he has a belt and what color it is? Let's see how much trouble he gives Fedor.

He ain't going to give Fedor much trouble other than a freak KO because he is so big compared to Fedor. Which points me back where I started.. The entire MMA HW division sucks. So bad where you can train for a year and be in the big show if you are big enough.

I guess that would be his eleventh freak KO in a row then.

And btw, Rogers had his first fight over three years ago and you don't know how long he had been training before that or his athletic history. If you do please enlighten us because I'd like to see you justify your derisiveness.

He would have 10.

bulletmagnet - 
Rogers was a SEARS tire changer a year ago(I SHIT YOU NOT). How gay is that? He is a 6'5 big goon who throws flailing arms, but if he connects, he can get lucky just on the fact he is so big. He has no martial art, no budo, nothing you want from a martial artist. He is your modern "I trane UFC." He is everything wrong with MMA.

So it's not possible for someone to have a blue collar job and train? Do you think Fedor has always just done martial arts and never had a real job?

Leghound - 
bulletmagnet - 
Rogers was a SEARS tire changer a year ago(I SHIT YOU NOT). How gay is that? He is a 6'5 big goon who throws flailing arms, but if he connects, he can get lucky just on the fact he is so big. He has no martial art, no budo, nothing you want from a martial artist. He is your modern "I trane UFC." He is everything wrong with MMA.

So it's not possible for someone to have a blue collar job and train? Do you think Fedor has always just done martial arts and never had a real job?

Read all the other posts before you post here again.

This one will be a freebie:

As explained earlier, its not the fact that they havent had a real job, what his job is etc.

The fact is, he's an average joe.

He hasn't been training his whole life. Just a brawler with little to no technique straight off the street.

why is he able to fight to best in the world?

because skill level and depth of MMA HW is weak.

Can't wait for the day that it takes years of training to even think about entering the big show.

Bye kkm

armbarring - did Ives edwards work at home depot?, J Lau a IT guy? Elvis a IT guy also? Shit Hideo Tokoro lived in the basement of a school and was a janitor.

Difference is that those guys worked to train. Nothing wrong with that. Just a little different than dropping what Im doing and one day decide to go and fight and a little after a year im fighting on CBS when the sport is fighting for credibility. Is he really the #2 HW in the world??

Its a sad state of affairs between the reading comprehension of the UG and the HW div.

how bout you stop fuckin crying bullmagnet. Being a lil bitch aint a good look.

bulletmagnet

As explained earlier, its not the fact that they havent had a real job, what his job is etc.

He hasn't been training his whole life. Just a brawler with little to no technique straight off the street.

Can't wait for the day that it takes years of training to even think about entering the big show.

Bye kkm

so why do you hate rogers again? because he represents a weak division? man come on just shut the fuck up

DONT FEED THE TROLLS. ROGER NUT SWINGERS WILL LEAVE SOON ENOUGH. SOME BACK UP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

have you stated a legit reason as to why you hate rogers

With just two years of training GSP would be better than 90 percent of guys with a 'lifetime' of MMA training. Would that disqualify him?

Brett Rogers sounds like Rocky Balboa to me.

The champs seen you fight: he likes you. Brett, you believe america is the land of opportunity, don't you?

Rogers is a great example of just how thin and young MMA still is, particularly at the heavyweight division.

There really isn't a place for 'brawlers' in any other weight class, at least not getting a shot at the champion or main contenders. There are guys who just throw bombs at middle and welter weight, without any wrestling or BJJ or martial art background, but they tend to get weeded out by gate keepers rather quickly. Heck, even at heavyweight guys like Kimbo who have to go through several fights get exposed.

But with very thin talent in heavyweight divisions around the world, and with three or four (and until recently five) main promotions spreading the talent even thinner, you're going to get bomb throwers with little other skill doing well. Add in the arguably too-wide weight class, and the huge guys will move through, and if they get in a lucky shot, might dethrone a champion or damage a legacy like Fedor.

I really, really like Fedor, but I could see him losing this fight. He hasn't had a long test in a couple years - ring rust may be a real factor. Add the cage and the power of Rogers, and he could get caught in the first 30-45 seconds. At his age, with the rust, if he gets caught like he did against Randleman, he might not just stagger and recover, he could go out.

That said, if he gets in and takes Rogers down, it should be over then, which is what I think will happen. But again, he may want to put on a bit of a show, given that everyone involved (including a company he owns shares in) has a vested interest in building up his US reputation - so if he decides to stand for longer than he should, and put show before win, he could well get a loss.

But in any other division in 2009, a brawler like Rogers would have been relegated to undercard long ago, and never even got a sniff of a guy like Fedor.

Then again, Leben got a shot at Anderson Silva, so what do I know, eh?

B

Houseboy23 - Broc is why I love MMA. He actually has a Martial Art and doesnt just trane UFC. He is a wrestling guy who has beaten every martial art expert from jiu jitsu to wrestling. He's humble and has a mysterious side to him. Everything about him speaks budo. He has been training his whole life and is a born fighter from a family of fighters. For gods sake, he trains in a fucking secluded town in Minnesota. How bad ass is that?

Carwin is still an ENGINEER(I SHIT YOU NOT). How gay is that? He is a 6'1 2/3rds" big goon who throws flailing arms, but if he connects, he can get lucky just on the fact he is so big. He has no martial art, no budo, nothing you want from a martial artist. He is your modern "I trane UFC." He is everything wrong with MMA.

Put it this way. If you wanted your child to go train at a gym to learn a martial art, would you rather have him training UFC with Carwin or with a true martial artist like Brock?

Brock will absolutely demolish Carwin, and if he doesn't.. I quit watching MMA.

replaced broc for fedor and carwin with rogers, does it still hold true? or is the OP just a troll?

+1000

bulletmagnet - "I'm in no way ridiculing you, i'm just saying you seem to be hating alot on a guy that has the chance of a lifetime, and i hate people that give other people shit for something that either wish they were doing or know that there is no way that would ever man up and do it."

How do you know I don't fight in the UFC?

"So what if they are highly fucking skilled, how skilled are you honestly? and would you pass up on the opportunity to earn shitloads of money and get recognition and saved from your rat race job? Or would you sit there and go "Shit man, i have no martial art as a background i'll never amount to shit, i mosewell not try it""

I'm pretty skilled. I don't blame Rogers for hoping on it. I dont know how many times I got to say it. Just like Kimbo. Dont hate either, but they arent the best representatives for the sport. Who has Kimbo or Rogers beat? And dont say AA because that was one fluke on a washed up AA.

"I wanted Fedor to win and still do, but i would love to see Rogers beat him just to prove to you that you don't need to have years of training in a martial art to make it, sure the sport is Mixed martial arts, and it would be great to see only the best from the respect arts, but that's not the way it is anymore, and the sooner you realise that there is a shitload of talent out there the better, because plain and simple MMA is a combat sport and it (as much as you may hate it) involves fighting, and you don't need years apon years of a martial art to suceed.

Cheers :)"

You're a moron. That's my point. The sad fact that you don't need years upon years of training right now to compete in MMA at a "High Level." Whatever happened to the bad ass guys that've been training their whole lives and are the most dangerous man on the plant. You don't see people working their 9-5 and fighting. Whole sport loses its legitimacy.

You do need years upon years to succeed. (I assume that's what you were trying to spell). At least you should. That's what it means to be a black belt. What is Brett Rogers a black belt at?

Yeah i see your point i do man, and i didn't intend to insult you if that's what i did, But i think to say that you need a black belt to compete at a high level is crazy, like i said i would love it if it was just black belts from different forms of martial arts competeing against each other which is what mixed martial arts was based on when it first started. Like most sports though you get those guys that think they can do it cause they saw it on tv and are Joe Rogan commentary qualified, but i wouldn't put Brett Rogers in that category, he's a guy that could end up being legit, and i think if a guy can get in the cage with no black belt background and prove himself worthy then we shouldn't hold it against him, but i do agree with the lack of talent level required these days, but those are the guys that go around calling themselves Ultimate Fighters that trane UFC.

bulletmagnet - 
Leghound - 
bulletmagnet - 

Bye kkm

Go fuck yourself before you post here again, I didn't have 15 minutes to read through the posts of a grown man whining about free MMA and someone taking advantage of a potentially life-changing opportunity presented to himself.

As far as I'm concerned I can't wait for that day in MMA either because I think it's laughable that someone can turn pro with only a year or two of training. But, fuckin' A, that's how it's always been. As I can't do anything about the fact that world class athletes gravitate towards other sports (and sometimes fall back on MMA) I'll just enjoy the matchup and hope for an upset.

Well put Musashi

Nothing wrong with Rogers. Who cares where he worked, until you can make a living fighting you need a job.

This thread FAILS

NoPlacebo - People like you are why I hate MMA or at least mma.tv

you hit that nail right on it's join date of 09' head!

You say, "how gay is that" about a guy who works for a living?! Go fuck yourself you newbie buttfloppin' parasitic prick.