FLASHBACK: Remember when Rogan said Ronda Rousey could beat up to 60% of male 135lb UFC fighters

“There’s a lot of guys her size she could beat,” said Rogan. “I mean, a lot. If you took the roster of the UFC’s bantamweights, 135 pounds, and you paired them up against Ronda Rousey, she might be able to beat 50 percent of them. That’s not a joke.”

"If she could take the kind of punches that some of these guys might possibly land, it might get up to like 60 percent. She’s a truly special talent,” he said.

5 Likes

LOL

11 Likes

What an idiot

15 Likes

Maybe his worst take of all time.

27 Likes

In another timeline, I wonder what would have happened if Prime Rousey ditched Edmond and went with someone like Trevor Wittman?

2 Likes

Or when he teared up like she was some sort of Amazonian God … twice

christian bale GIF by Maudit

9 Likes

She couldn’t beat a single dude in the UFC, not even Mike Jackson. Neither could Nunes who is like 10 tiers above her

11 Likes

I know she would have had most likely beat Holly if she stuck with Hayastan MMA.

Edmund stole Ronda and turned her into a garbage boxer

1 Like

She wouldn’t beat 1% of the UFC flyweights let alone 50% of the bantamweights.

7 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

8 Likes

rogan is a hype man
that is why every guy fighting on every card
is a world class wrestler
world class boxer
world class grappler
world class judo
world class kickoxer

he trains with world class coaches

and then he you see the guy

6 Likes

Not quite up there with Dana’s claim the UFC would overtake soccer. But yeah, one of the dumber takes I’ve heard in MMA.

6 Likes

worse even than the Machida Era

4 Likes

Think the important point is “if she could take a punch”. Knowing what we know now, she can’t take a punch from fighters in the women’s division much less a man

3 Likes

The sad part is Rhonda believed it.

8 Likes

Everyone when he said that BS

4 Likes
11 Likes

she could take a punch well enough to stay standing up, allowing her opponent to tee off with their hardest three-punch combination to the head

6 Likes

Rogan says so much strange shit.

5 Likes

Ronda doesn’t get enough respect, imo. I’m going to get a lot of shit for this. But she was legit. She had some of the best Judo ever in the UFC.

2 Likes