Floyd Mayweather's Christmas Card to world (pic)

In the last 10 years, name me one fighter that Floyd has fought that was both elite and in his prime.

Hatton is the only debatable answer.

It's much easier to do the same with Pacquiao.

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chappie -
KnockoutThoughts - All this is bs. Floyd has ducked top competition ever since Corrales. Every step since has been calculated risk and fighting slow fighters. If he fought Pac it would present 5 things Floyd doesn't want: speed, volume, power, experience, and aggression. Boxing has always been about fighting the best. So what Pac got knocked out by a jacked up Marquez in their 4th go around. Last I checked Mayweather has never given anyone as much as a second chance! Castillo being the exception, but we all know why that happened. At the end of the day Floyd will avoid this fight like his record depends on it. See past the smoke and mirrors, If Floyd was confident he could win this fight he would taken the greatest payday ever in history a long time ago. The rest is excuses. Get in the ring coward. Phone Post 3.0

Ditto.
You're both retarded. I'm not a deluded Floyd fanboy but how has he not fought or ducked that was top competition besides Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez? He's a cherry picker without a doubt but you can't say he's avoided the best that's available. Fighting champions at 147lbs and 154lbs Phone Post 3.0

Plus Paul Williams, Prime Cotto, and Margarito. Likely would've beaten them all, too.

"In the last 10 years, name me one fighter that Floyd has fought that was both elite and in his prime.

It's much easier to do the same with Pacquiao."

Please, do the same for Pacquiao. I might've misunderstood, but I'd really like to see the list of boxers you thought Pacquiao defeated in the last decade who were "elite or in their primes" when the bout occurred. This should be good.

looks  to me like Floyd is more than content to retire with his 0  which will alway have an * on it for never fighting the biggest threat in his era.

He'll have his jokes and his 0*,   but he'll never have the W over Pac.  and THAT is what people will talk about more when he is long gone from the sport.

lockon - "In the last 10 years, name me one fighter that Floyd has fought that was both elite and in his prime.

Please, do the same for Pacquiao. I might've misunderstood, but I'd really like to see the list of boxers you thought Pacquiao defeated in the last decade who were "elite or in their primes" when the bout occurred. This should be good.

for starters Barrera, JM Marquez, Eric Morales,     TimBradley

PTM2020 -
lockon - "In the last 10 years, name me one fighter that Floyd has fought that was both elite and in his prime.

Lol, yeah, this Phone Post 3.0

You could also make the argument for Cotto Phone Post 3.0

Conan, nobody is telling Floyd, "hey you're going to fight pacman" and he's refusing them. Dictators don't look for approval from others they do what they want.

That being said, Floyd is choosing not to fight pacman for his own reason, not because he doesn't want to be pushed around.

Your first posts are some of the most ignorant sentences I've read. Phone Post 3.0

C0NAN -
Lick Boners - It's easy to duck the most dangerous opponent and hope something happens to him in a very dangerous sport, especially the way Pacman fights. Keep on fighting the Victor Ortizes and Amir Khans of the world and keep calling yourself the greatest. LOL.

Floyd has no obligation to fight anyone or do anything for other people. He should only do things that are in his best interest. If that means ducking an opponent, that means ducking an opponent.

A real weak person is someone who allows himself to be dictated to by other people.
Okay Phone Post 3.0

C0NAN - 
PTM2020 - 

<br />
    <p>
        for starters Barrera, JM Marquez, Eric Morales,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *TimBradley*</p>
    <p>
        &nbsp;</p>
    <p>
        &nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<br />
None of them would beat Mayweather.</blockquote>

That doesn't really address what the response was to the dude's question in regards to Elite fighters.

That said.

I'd give Bradley a good chance.    a shitload more than an glassjaw khan, green canelo, braindead ortiz, slowpoke guererro or whichever other easy pickins are out there.

and if Floyd would have taken on any of that mexican trinity at their respective lighter weight at their primes he wouldn't be guaranteed of shit.

as it stands now his best win's over boxer's in their primes were against Corrales and Castillo, both of whom can't hold a candle to the mexican trinity.   I'll give him a little bit of credit for Cotto and maybe even a shot ODLH.

Conan you are clearly a product of the Mayweather hype machine. It's almost disgusting to read someone support a fighter who has taken integrity out of the sport I love. This sport was founded on courage. The courage and fortitude to get in the ring with your equal to determine the best. Words are words, cheap. The sweet science is evaluated in the ring. There is no formula to boxing to determine who wins a fight on paper alone. This post is by far the most retarded you have put up yet. Like most Mayweather fans you live in a land of hypotheticals. A real boxing fan wants to see it in the ring. In boxing just because you beat the guy who beat the guy, doesn't mean you would beat him. Case in point: Jermaine Taylor beat Hopkins. Pavlik beat Taylor. Hopkins beat Pavlik. In your world Pavlik would automatically beat Hopkins. That's not how it works, hence why you have the fight. On paper doesn't mean shit. Floyd needs to fight his nemesis from his generation. Pleasing the fans has always been what this sport is about. Not protecting an undefeated record. Phone Post 3.0

Without the fans there is no money in this sport. Boxing is about the best fighting the best. Floyd is the only fighter in the history of this sport who is afraid to face another fighter. A disgrace to every fighter who came before him, and a fraud to the fans of boxing, not just Floyd groupies, that afford him the luxuries he enjoys today. Real boxing fans want this fight to happen. I don't care who wins. Avoiding this fight voids his legacy imo.
TMT™ Avoiding Pacquiao since 2008. Phone Post 3.0

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - You could also make the argument for Cotto Phone Post 3.0

True.

Especially since he looked amazing in his last fight.  Looked as good as he ever did.  Would have loved to have seen THAT version of Cotto against Floyd.

Floyd just clowned Alvarez who was the the young lion everybody thought was the future of boxing. He isn't ducking anybody. If you're the undefeated champ in boxing, you should be paid more than anybody you fight.

LOL. Kind of seems to me that if floyd didn't want the fight under any circumstances, it would be in his interest not to bring this much attention to pacquiao, other than stating that he will never ever fight him. Things like this just put it out in the media and brings attention to the fight (and to the calls from those who say he's ducking and will never fight pacquiao)

https://www.google.com/search?q=mayweather+christmas+card&client=firefox-a&hs=oSe&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=Cvi4UqmpDM2PkAeD34CABQ&ved=0CAwQ_AUoBA&biw=1280&bih=625

So call me crazy but I still give this a little less than a 50% chance of happening, if both fighters keep winning.

I do think, if the fight does happen, it's going to happen on terms favorable to mayweather and he'll be adamant about arum not being included. IIRC his contract with Arum is up at the end of 2014.Floyd's last fight on his showtime contract will probably be in 2015.  If the fight ever does hapen I think it'l likely be around that time, promoted as floyd's farwell fight and payday. Just some speculation on my part.

RearNakedJoke -
jaytrainwreck -
stonepony - The sport is just broken beyond repair. That fight should have happened, there's no excuse.

Not that I would have been particularly interested in watching yet another 12 round decision fight.
"You don't know shit about boxing." This year has been one of the best ever for boxing. Phone Post 3.0
This. There have been some great fights this year. Phone Post 3.0
If you watch both, you'd definitely say HBO/Showtime boxing put on better fights, cards, fighters, etc than the UFC in 2013.

Great year for boxing, even better than 2012 Phone Post 3.0

"I come to think about it and I was in this training camp and I said, 'You know what? If they said Mayweather has hand-picked his opponents, I said, You know what? My team did a [expletive] good job!' " Mayweather said. "They're supposed to hand-pick my opponents. Everything is supposed to go easy for me. Life is supposed to be easy. Who wants to go through life in a hard way, a tough way?

"If they hand-picked all my opponents -- they say all Mayweather opponents are hand-picked -- If I'm able to hand-pick opponents and make $60 and $70 and $80 million, $100 million dollars, keep doing it. Keep doing it. [Expletive]. Make it easy on me so I can retire healthy and feeling good."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/floyd-mayweather-praises-team-good-job-hand-picking-003809321--box.html

just wondering,who did PBF fight that has one punch KO?Shane Mosley?

WrestlingSucks - Floyd just clowned Alvarez who was the the young lion everybody thought was the future of boxing. He isn't ducking anybody. If you're the undefeated champ in boxing, you should be paid more than anybody you fight.
No he was the young lion Floyd hyped up. Canelo is a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but a razor thin decision over Trout doesn't warrant a title shot. Floyd took it because he knew he had a vast speed and experience advantage. The Canelo fight would have been more interesting given time for Canelo to hone his skills against his generation of fighters. Garcia vs Alvarez, Alvarez vs Rios, Broner vs Garcia, Alvarez vs Alvarado, etc. They have their own era to define. Pac and Floyd already have earned their positions over long careers. I'm going to ask you a very simple question. Who had Canelo beat aside from an ancient Mosely, at that point, and Austin Trout in a decision that could have gone either way? Do you even know anyone else on his undefeated record? The reason that fight gained the hype it did is because it was an undefeated Mexican fighter. Mexicans always support their fighters. This fight was sold as a record vs a record. Canelo's record didn't carry any weight. It's who you beat that defines boxing. Pacquiao's hype comes from his own accomplishments over a long time, not some hype machine. People of all races and nationalities stand behind this guy based on his character in and out of the ring. Mayweather can cement his legacy with one fight. The only fight everyone has been asking for for years now. Not all these comparable, almost the same distractions TMT comes up with to avoid the only fight that matters. Phone Post 3.0

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
PTM2020 -

Lol, yeah, this Phone Post 3.0

Lol, no. See how that works?

Barrera/Morales 1 took a lot out of both of them and he dropped one to a shopworn Morales before beating him twice. If ThatKickDidn'tHurt wants to call Hatton's status at the time of his loss to Mayweather "debatable" then anyone can do the same for Pacquiao's wins just as easily.

It's also funny that you can mention the Bradley fight, with an asterisk, because it serves to further your claim. You don't mention how controversial his bouts with Marquez were, however. I realize their first 3 fights were a lot more evenly contested than the Bradley one, so let's not get into that, but it's disingenuous to just list Marquez as a win on Pac's resume because of the official win status, while looking the other way for Bradley, even if you do put an asterisk.

PTM seems rather knowledgeable and I'm not trying to discredit Pacquiao but it's absolutely ridiculous to criticize Floyd so much when two of Pac's biggest opponents (ODLH, Hatton) had already lost to Floyd prior to fighting Manny. Not even going to get into the whole catch weight business with Pacquiao, although I'm not stupid enough to make it seem as though Floy'd not guilty of doing that either.

"You could also make the argument for Cotto"

You could make an argument for just about anything. Cotto did look good in the second bout with Marg, still, it's pretty commonly believed he wasn't the same fighter after the beating he took in their first match. Also was a catchweight bout.

"Especially since he looked amazing in his last fight. Looked as good as he ever did. Would have loved to have seen THAT version of Cotto against Floyd."

His performance in this one might have had a lot to do with Margarito being physically fucked after getting eviscerated by Pacquiao? I mean it did retire him.

Anyway, cheers PTM