For everyone who wasted their time with BJJ, would you go back in time and take Sambo if offered?

Sounds like you’re projecting.

I don’t think I’m a Street Fighter character. What am I projecting?

A lot of weird strawman arguments, “Every BJJ guy thinks this, but they’re really that!”

1 Like

The point is BJJ is next to useless for self defence unless you have training in other areas and are extremely high level.

This probably offends most people here because they are neither.

2 Likes

It is clear that you are clueless Jack. You are arguing to argue and have never trained bjj.

1 Like

I’m one of the best minds for martial arts in the game.

Probably the best.

I have to admit, it’s pretty sad to read about the many, many BJJ guys getting murdered on the street each week. It can be demoralizing.

3 Likes

What are your credentials? How many students have you had? What did you teach?

1 Like

I’m just a disciple of the GOAT Khabib Nurmagomedov, the GOAT mind for MMA,

my students are whoever’s willing to listen.

What is the Story of Khabib's Infamous " If Sambo Was Easy It'd Be Called  Jiu-Jitsu" Shirt?

See Shen has a pedigree and some of us know who he is and I can tell you he wins the argument based on reality not being a blow hard.

1 Like

Everything I said was still true.

I don’t care what McDojo you train at.

I especially hate the videos where street fighters and trained fighters go into that Gracie Academy and beat up those poor BJJers.

2 Likes

I have absolutely nothing to do today…

People who have significant training, particularly in multiple arts, don’t tend to have “absolutist” opinions about everything. the more experience the less dogmatic people tend to be because they have personally seen and experienced that things can go all sorts of different ways.

It’s the untrained who more tend to form these kinds of highly rigid opinions

“BJJ sucks and Sambo rules” (or vice versa) is just not an opinion experienced people tend to hold. We all have our preferences, but Judo, BJJ, Sambo & wrestling are very closely related arts which share a lot of similar and sometimes identical techniques. Someone really good at ANY of them could beat someone else who does another one of the four arts.You could have endless matches with just practitioners of those four arts and each art would win sometimes.

All four are very valid, useful systems to know, but it mostly comes down to the INDIVIDUAL.

Jack Merridew doesn’t train and never has.

1 Like

Yet, his knowledge… my god!

WHERE did he get it???

3 Likes

I did BJJ for a while and returned to it later in life but I learned to fight under pancrase. Submission wrestling+ kickboxing. Good stuff.

BJJ relies tooooooo much on starting on your knees instead of practicing takedowns and gi work. It has advanced a lot though since the late 90s when I started though.

2 Likes

He hasn’t

1 Like

I love how I make a statement about how useless BJJ is in self defence situations and then it gets bounced back to what training I’ve had because you can’t refute the statement :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Because most people have no clue how to fight.
And if you trained BJJ once you would realize how helpless you actually are

How many fights have you had? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: