For everyone who wasted their time with BJJ, would you go back in time and take Sambo if offered?

I went to a kron seminar.

Pretty slick

2 Likes

Facts.

Very true.

1 Like

Most bjj guys will have better td than normal people. That said, I look like an accountant unless you notice my ears. I was a D1 wrestler and have trained for 35 years in wrestling, bjj and muay thai. Iā€™m not going down. Our school trains everything. Wall takedowns, open mat takedowns, striking and ground.

6 Likes

Anthony Smith is equipped with full MMA training is a beast of a man and he was getting all he can handle from an untrained crack head trying to rob him, and then we have these BJJ nerds trying to get themselves killed in street fights.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah my gym does the same. We have a kid from the national team that trains here, its pretty terrifying lol

1 Like

You tucked, Cause you know youā€™d get smashed.

Go be a D level fighter than never makes a penny and somehow gets even more busted all you like :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The difference is, I have the balls to attempt it. You hide behind the keyboard

1 Like

Yeah, thereā€™s a LOT of variability in BJJ schools when it comes to takedowns. Sure, some schools teach no takedowns, but Iā€™d wager the majority train takedowns to some level --some to a fairly high level, actually.

BJJ is a ā€œbig tentā€ martial art. Itā€™s being practiced a lot of different ways these days.

When I see these dumb "BJJ guys do this"type threads (like this one) the things said often have nothing to do with how I --and a ton of other people-- train BJJ.

Sport BJJ with a gi is just one part of BJJ, not the entire universe.

4 Likes

Especially with the big influence of wrestling/no gi/ADCC, the future is bright, the evolution is actually going in a good direction

Pretend you know anything about me obsessed faggot.

Rent Free
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Number One Bullshit Khabib Nurmagomedov GIF - Number One Bullshit Khabib  Nurmagomedov Stupid - Discover & Share GIFs

I just like picking easy prey like Khabib. Also, Im not the one using emojis.

Are you the CA guy that was familiar with/knew Daryl Pope ?

Sorry I remember stories etc, but am bad at recalling screen names.

2 Likes

Yes he was my assistant coach in college. He is a fucking animal. I would not want to fight that man for any reason and I would fight anybody.

3 Likes

We-got-a-badass-over-here GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I was a guard puller for the first 6 years or so, until brown. I only did takedowns during MMA and shoot boxing rounds, and for some reason at BJJ comps. My wrestling was garbage but my shots were enough to take down most guys I fought. I even hit a lat drop in a fight once having never drilled it. I had the guy up an against the cage in over under clinch and just thought ā€œoh this is the place to do a lat drop I thinkā€. To have that blue belt confidence againā€¦

Enjoying learning more wrestling now. But fuck man doing it live I feel like the risk of injury is so high (my knees are fucked and I have a bunch of spine problems now). Iā€™m sure itā€™s just because Iā€™m not good at it yet, but the rush of injury feels 100x what ne waza is

3 Likes

100%ā€¦ I did boxing, wrestling, muay thai, jiu jitsu, you name itā€¦ sambo is one of the best/hardest things to learnā€¦ trained at the only sambo school in colorado for a bit and the coach there is one tough son of a bitchā€¦

this was a few years agoā€¦ dude was 50 and still moved like a catā€¦ he also taught knife/sword fightingā€¦ fucking loved that gym

2 Likes

Fixed

-Train Judo

2 Likes

It never will be either.