GOAT journalist Andrew Schulz: Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight of all time

this was overall a very good post onepunch. i might have a few nits here and there, but overall very good, so best i just leave it at that jaja.

1 Like

did i see above someone say they think usyk beats a prime tyson? iā€™m looking for it, but i canā€™t find it, maybe i read it wrong. but if someone said that please point them out, i want to mark down the low iq posters jajajaā€¦

Thanks.

I just edited it for some typos and to add a wrinkle hear and there ā€“ if you wan to read it again LOL.

Againā€¦ Wilder got big bonus points in my book after the other night.
Iā€™m not a fan of his lack of respect after the loss, but that has nothing to do with his ability.
Dude hits like a grenade, is tough as nails, and has a hell of a chin.
No doubt.

Was probably OP.

But he probably thinks everyone Tyson didnā€™t fight would have beat him LOL.

1 Like

read it again onepunch, i agree on all points. i think i WOULD take 90s tyson over wilder, although probably just barely.

i too think fury is a tough matchup for tyson with his size, its well known that tyson had trouble with big tall guys with good jabs. tony tucker fight comes to mind. a much taller guy than tyson, and a kinda-sorta tough fight for tyson, although he clearly won. while tucker probably had more power than fury, he had (i think anyways) less size and less movement. so in my mind those fights could go almost any way, no one can predict. i still think PRIME tyson will on average more often than not get inside on fury and land bombs to the body and head, repeatedly in fact succession, and fury probably cannot withstand those like he can the single shots from wilder. but again those fights are kind of pick-em, canā€™t logically prove a given outcome even on average.

i got prime, roided-to-the-gills holyfield over prime wilder fairly easy. you were NOT going to knock holyfield out, period. and he set a very fast pace, always pressuring, and had solid punching power. as game as wilder is, i think holyfield wears him down for a late ko, kind of like holyfield-tyson 1 (or hell fury-wilder 3).

but pretty much agreed on all points jajaā€¦

2 Likes

Cool manā€¦good conversation!

I mentioned I want to see Usyk and Joshua vs Tyson (Fury) and Joshua.

Iā€™d favor Fury of the 4, but want to see it.

Didnt mention Mike Tyson vs Usyk though.

Fury Is a tough matchup for anyone in any era just based on his incredible size and boxing skill set.

He is massive, not only extremely tall but also a big guy with a very long reach.

And he can box damn good! He has been boxing since he popped out of the womb. He is very slick and abnormally agile for a guy that big. With good cardio and a great chin and ability to recover even when rocked.

Just by those metrics he is a very tough fight for anyone. Iā€™m not saying he would beat everyone from any era.

But it would be interesting. There are guys who can box better. There are guys who hit harder and could also box well. But could they beat him? Who knows. But I think he belongs in the conversation.

3 Likes

Mike was in his early 20s when he lost to Douglas. And he was a 100-1 favorite because he was overrated by fanboys like you.

Iā€™ve heard every excuse in the world from ā€œhe was over trainedā€ to ā€œhe was on crackā€

Buster Douglasā€™s mom died right before the fight which was def a huge distraction and he still won. No excuses

If Tyson fought Wilder then Wilder survives the early storm and makes him quit with the first right he lands.

You made a thread saying Vitor had no chance against 60 year old Holyfield when anyone who understands boxing knew Holyfield had no chance based on his training footage. But clearly Iā€™m the low IQ troll :joy:

Mike Tyson who lost to bums like Douglas, Williams, and McBride isnā€™t beating any top 5 modern heavyweight.

But I wouldnā€™t expect you to comprehend that after your Vitor Holyfield prediction

Reasonable post. If I could see Fury vs anyone in a time machine it would be Lewis.

It would prob be a boring 1 sided fight where Fury wins by decision, but thatā€™s the only 1900s heavyweight I could see putting up a struggle

I literally posted my top 5 GOAT and Fury wasnā€™t in it. In fact heā€™s not in my top 10.

But he beats anyone from any era in a hypothetical prime vs prime match up

My top 10 (accomplishments)

1. Ali
  2. Louis
  3. Holmes
  4. Wladimir
  5. Lewis
  6. Johnson
  7. Dempsey
  8. Holyfield
  9. Marciano
  10. Foreman

Fury is somewhere between 11-15 rn. I could see him catapulting to 6 if he unifies the division for the first time in 20 years and then slowly creeping towards the top as he beats more world champions

Fury is the best ever as far as prime vs prime no past heavyweight could handle his size and skill. I never said he has the GOAT accomplishments

If Fury can unify the belts and defend once I donā€™t think you can deny him GOAT status. Would like to see him take Usyk and AJ out and retire on top

I could see that. I think heā€™d need a few more wins to be GOAT.

But if he unified against Usyk then defended against AJ, Povetkin, Ruiz, and Whyte then retires undefeated

Added to the fact that heā€™s already beat Klitschko and Wilder 3x that would be the best top heavy resume ever IMO and def put him in GOAT discussion

1 Like

I think anyone with a functioning brain agrees fury destroys every past heavyweight with ease

The only real argument is who is the most accomplished

Fury would get murdered by one of those 5ā€™10ā€ heavyweights of the past.
For the same reason an NFL player from the 1970ā€™s would just run right over the whipper snappers playing today with their weight lifting & their vitamins and their not smoking cigars on the sidelines.
Look at the record books.
Name one single weight lifting or running record thats been broken in the last couple generations. No way

1 Like

Yup. And those 6 feet tall cab drivers in 1970s NBA would tear todayā€™s soft snowflake players apart. Todayā€™s NBA is just too soft and has no defense. Those old guys may look like they have high school level skill but theyā€™re way better than todayā€™s players. Trust me

1 Like

This gentleman is dropping knowledge, but if weā€™re talking in relative terms, Joe Louis should be in every heavyweight GOAT discussion.

2 Likes

Yep. He was the best for longest. Klitchsko should be close behind

No Frazier?

1 Like