GOAT journalist Andrew Schulz: Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight of all time

Frazier is great and I could see having him high up because of the Ali trilogy. But his resume isn’t deep enough to knock off anyone else in my top 10.

I def don’t complain when I see people putting him top 10 or even top 5 though. He’s an all time great for sure.

So has MMA.

1 Like

Douglas channeled the emotion from the death of his mom into the fight of his life, similar to Brett Favre lighting it up after his Dad died. Douglas was a man possessed. I have heard people suggest nobody could have beat Douglas that night – and while I think that is a stretch – it illustrates the extent of his motivation.

All of your takes on Tyson are ice cold, and completely devoid of context.
Your blanket statements and gross exaggerations are not a good cover for your overall lack of understanding.
You talk like the loud teenager in the room who thinks he knows it all and wants the attention.
Meanwhile the adults are just rolling their eyes.

You’re also a hater.

Haters don’t make good debaters.

2 Likes

I’m not a hater I’m just speaking facts. Lol @ Buster beating anyone he’s an average fighter.

You literally never predict current upcoming fights but you’re always in these hypothetical threads comfortably predicting fantasy matches where you can’t be proven wrong.

I have the best boxing prediction record on this site

Mike Tyson is unproven
-never beat a great in their prime
-never won a fight as the underdog
-never come back to win a fight he was losing
-lost every fight where his opponent fought back except Botha

He’s a bully with no heart. He can give it but he can’t take it or fight on the back foot.

He’s one of the fastest and most offensively skilled heavyweights ever but he’s 5’11” and has no heart and can’t take what he can dish out.

Great highlight real but can’t compete among the greatest heavyweight

I didnt read many of the posts, but IMO, Title chasing, hungry mike tyson, being kept in check by Cus is the scariest boxer of all time. Period. Fury wouldnt make it to round 3, n he might have killed Wilder….also, fury n wilder just put on one of the worst shows of boxing skill i have ever seen, the 2 fighters that showed up Saturday night couldnt beat Ali, Frazier, holmes, tyson, lewis, or the real deal if they tag teamed them……

2 Likes

Spoken like a teenager.

1 Like

I’m going to hijack to ask onepunchJD this question.

Did Ken Shamrock break his neck twice?

1 Like

You’re just using the same old repeated cliches.
Try having an original thought for once.

Saying that Tyson never beat anybody that fought back, is probably the most inaccurate and over used cliche you can parrot.
It is obviously false, and absurd on it’s face.

You can make a logical argument that certain guys would beat Tyson, without regurgitating the same old cliches that you parroted from other people, because you weren’t around back then to form your own opinions.

You are not stating “facts” LOL.

Saying that Fury beats anyone from the 1900’s is not a fact you fucking dimwit – it’s an opinion, and a dubious one.

I would favor Lewis over Fury. Probably peak Bowe too.
There are others…but that’s not the point.
You state your opinions as if they are foregone conclusions… like a teenager.

And I have been predicting fights on this forum for years.
I’m not keeping score and I don’t give a fuck about anyone elses.

Random question LOL.

As far as I know, Ken broke his neck in HS, and reinjured it in the WWF. Then he had spinal fusion of I think 4 vertabre… but I’m not 100% on the number.

So as far as I know he broke it once, reinjured it once, and had the fuzion.
I don’t remember exactly what the second injury in WWF was.

So I guess the answer is no, but he has a very bad neck.

How did this come up? I might be able to get more details later…

I found a picture of him in a Halo with his broken neck at 17 years old & I thought that I heard that he broke his neck again.

I knew of one broken neck,but not two.

1 Like

You have a halo picture?

Not sure if I have seen that! I have heard the descriptions of him playing basketball with it on LOL.

I’ll see if I can come up with more detail on the second injury. Pretty sure I know where to look.
Probably tomorrow…

1 Like

Ha Ha…damn!
Nope, never seen that one.

Wow he looks young.

Fury would be favourite over any HW in history in my opinion. His sheer size, and the skills he has for his size, are remarkable. I never thought I’d see a dude that physically big, be able to have the skillset and the cardio to fight 12 rounds so well.

However, being the GOAT has to take into account time periods. Athletes get better by the decade, talk of a GOAT is almost irrelevant if you don’t take time periods into account, because the most recent will be the best.

You think a great Tennis player like Bjorn Borg would have anything at all in his prime for a prime John Isner, let alone Nadal, Federer etc… Of course not. Carl Lewis would never outrun Usain Bolt either.

We constantly evolve to be physically better, GOAT has to take this into account

1 Like

I think most of us have reached a consensus that Fury is the GOAT for the newly arrived casuals and they will be vehement in their opinion when the casuals after them anoint a new GOAT in the next 10 years.

Funny that people will still refer to Ali and Tyson then.

1 Like

I didn’t say he never beat anyone who fought back. I said he beat Botha. That’s the only tough fight he won against someone who didn’t just lay down and fold. Any other time someone brought the fight to him he quit. He’s never come back to win a fight he was losing. That’s why I can’t put him over warriors who have proven themselves.

And you didn’t respond to my other points so I’ll take that as a concession to the fact that I’m right.

And yes, I am using facts. I’ve thrown a few opinions in between but all those opinions are backed by facts. You just throw out rants based on emotion like “Buster Douglas channeled his rage and could beat anyone” or whatever you said lol what an absurd statement.

Mike Tyson is a good fighter with the most impressive highlight reel which is why he’s the most overrated fighter ever. He doesn’t have the heart or grit to go against someone like fury.

And maybe you’ve made predictions on actual fights but I’ve never seen them. Every time I’ve ever debated you it’s been in a fantasy match up thread like this one.

Funny because the casuals are the boomers who just jerk off to highlights of old fighters and don’t even keep up with the modern era yet somehow form strong opinions on it

It’s always the guys who never make predictions or discuss actual upcoming fights who have the strongest opinions on fantasy match ups.

onepunch jd, slow shot, and that other guy who claimed he blocked me a year ago but still sometimes responds to my threads. I think his name begins with an h but could be wrong on that unlike my predictions

Yes yes, Fury is the GOAT and I’ll be interested to see when the new casual fans anoint a new GOAT in 5-10 years. Perhaps next year Usyk will be the GOAT.

1 Like