MMA Underground Forums

Golden Boy - Banned but still supporting the sport

keiths -  yet all the johnny come lately types are talking out of their asses without knowing anything.

oh man.... we gotta get pics of that.... whew, we'd be famous keiths! Just think about it.... ok??

ready with camera

CindyO - 

If he called someone the "N" word then he deserves the penalty because in that regard, no, he isn't exempt from any associated consequences.

Cindy

P.S. GB, please apologize for exercising poor judgment if you really called aomeone the "N" word because (if guilty) you KNOW you were wrong.  hug

He called someone a Numscull?? Oh MY GAWD.............

GB is the man and has always been great with the inside info.

Free the GB!!!!

free gb..im sick of all these tuf noobs overrunning this board

He may be a good guy in real life but he was on here spreading rumours about Aleksander Emelianenko having Hep B. Not a very nice guy thing to do.

[quote]CindyO - [quote]IBendo4Hendo - As for the thread title, if you read his blog you'd realize he is not supporting the sport. GB's blog is about GB, not MMA. Personally, I miss GB and wish he wasn't run-off. I miss him for his personality and insidership, not for his support for MMA. He's admitted that he barely watches it anymore.[/quote]  GB is a complicated creature but a very good person. I don't believe for a second he no longer supports the sport because he has always talked like that... he's a great troll and always has been because he gets bored easily. If he called someone the "N" word then he deserves the penalty because in that regard, no, he isn't exempt from any associated consequences. I think the issue most have is that  GB was banned for infractions when so many others are not/were not. GB might act like a dick sometimes but what he does for folks behind the scenes says who he really is. A few months ago he stepped in on an issue that essentially saved a small apparel company as well as extended another lifeline to someone who had lied his ass off and knowingly took advantage of people. GB felt the latter needed just "one more chance" and the former was simply trying to help and acted on the information he had available to him at the time. I guess only time will tell if GB's support was warranted. If possible, I would like to see GB apologize to whomever he offended when he hurled the epithet, if this account is accurate. The rumor thing? LOL@ that considering half of the board is guilty of doing the same thing on a daily basis. FREE GB! Cindy P.S. GB, please apologize for exercising poor judgment if you really called aomeone the "N" word because (if guilty) you KNOW you were wrong.  hug [/quote] 

gb asked me to post this 4 him:

Dearest Arias,

As some of you have heard I have been banned on MMA.tv. Alot of changed since my 11 year tenue there. This past year I broke the three biggest stories of the year on this forum. Each and everytime my threads were unjustly moved to the "what if" forum. I could not understand why and no one would respond to my questions. Now I did call a mod a dumb (n-word) when he/she moved one of my threads to the Otherground instead of the "what if forum" so that ban was just.

The times have changed and as a valued member of the site I felt I needed to embrace some of that change. Days of the insider converstions are long gone. Now its about the "combat lifestyle" and what fighter is dating what ring girl. In trying to adjust and embrace the new current trends of MMA I may have crossed a line. I was just trying to fit in...be one of the cool kids again. I wasn't fighter bashing in fact I applauded their actions. Instead of that thread being moved to the "what if" forum (where it and 1,000's of posts there should go) I was banned again.

I'm not going to ask to comeback and really I don't think MMA is for me anymore. I'm not upset so don't cry for me my good friend. Its probably for the best.

Your buddy and MMA Weekly Hall of Famer

GB was always OK with me-MM

molsonman - He may be a good guy in real life but he was on here spreading rumours about Aleksander Emelianenko having Hep B. Not a very nice guy thing to do.

Seems like he wasn't the only one. This is a post from Josh Barnett on this site.....

"Aleks was never offered a fight against me in Sengoku. In fact I have have never been offered Aleks as an opponent since our fight in PRIDE..not once. NEVER. People either need to a) Stop lying or b) get the facts straight.[b]As for having a blood disease, like hepatitis, one of the Red Devil trainers said it was so in a vid interview recently. Fighting in another country where the testing was not as strict or non-existant does mean he is not infected with some sort of blood disease. His large amount of tattoo work could easliy be a culprit for such an instance.[/b] Also for the record the main event for the 1st Sengoku card was always - me vs. Yoshida. It was never any other bout nor any different opponents. Not Roger, not Aleks or whoever else someone makes up.Josh "

So I guess Josh should be banned too???

Crooklyn - 
saucylv33 -  
FREE GB!

Funny how you can ban GB, but his opinions still show up here via other posters.

Daniel Plainview -  I notice he didn't deny lying about that guy having Hep B.  Good guy indeed.

How is he supposed to deny it when he is banned from posting here?

GregHonda - Funny how you can ban GB, but his opinions still show up here via other posters.
ques spooky music

GregHonda - 
Daniel Plainview -  I notice he didn't deny lying about that guy having Hep B.  Good guy indeed.

How is he supposed to deny it when he is banned from posting here?

And, like I pointed out, he was not the only one saying it.
If GB is banned, shouldn't others be?
Maybe I will be. lol

I consider myself lucky to be a friend of GB.  He is the type of guy that makes you a better person just for knowing them.  The sport is lucky to have him and this site has lost something with his departure

Big Pun -  I consider myself lucky to be a friend of GB.  He is the type of guy that makes you a better person just for knowing them.  The sport is lucky to have him and this site has lost something with his departure

+1

Aleks Emelianenko Removed Due To Positive Hep B Test

MMANEWS.COM

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Aleks-Emelianenko-Removed-Due-To-Positive-Hep-B-Test.html

By Chris Howie:

This past weekend Aleksander Emelianenko was scheduled to face Paul Buentello in heavyweight action during the FSN portion of Affliction: Banned but due to medical complications the fight was cancelled.

A source close to the situation spoke to MMANews.com's Michael Moody on a condition of anonymity and explained that the blood tests came back right before Aleks and Buentello were scheduled to weigh in and that is why there was so much confusion around the stage and why the fighters did not weigh in. Gary Goodridge ended up stepping up on extremely short notice and filling in for the Russian heavyweight.

The tests were positive for Hepatitis B which resulted in the CSAC cancelling the fight. Hep B is the result of transmission from exposure to infectious blood or body fluids containing blood. Possible forms of transmission include (but are not limited to) unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusions, re-use of contaminated needles & syringes, and vertical transmission from mother to child during childbirth.

A positive Hepatitis B test is no laughing matter and this could spell the end of Aleks' fighting career as many of the people close to the situation pointed out. I can't imagine many fighters willing to step up to fight Aleks with the possibility of catching the disease. He most definitely will not fight in the United States again and it will be interesting to see if this positive test results in organizations from all over the world black listing the brother of heavyweigh king, Fedor Emelianenko.

Can you guys read? He didn't say anything about getting banned for the hep-b thing. It was because he was sick of getting his threads always moved and called a mod the n-word.

He also said the ban was just.

ttt

Golden Boy is an integral part of this forum and the MMA Community. This injustice against him must end. Bring back the Golden Boy.