Guard on Asphalt

gracie_mass_attack.png

Thanks Sam...

Klif it was what he said and he seriously gave her the look like he wanted to punch her.

Also I have been going to bars, clubs, for 16 years worked as a bouncer for 2, its not lucky that I did not get hurt. I have alot of experience fighting.

Sai pai- hindsight tells me I should of just called him some names and tried to get him to swing at me first by goading him, then I could of wrecked him in self-defense. With what happened anyway, what I just said would of been better.

Bouncers are some pathetic shit half the time. I don't understand how you got a ticket for that.

Wrecker: If the Bouncer wants to file an assault claim against you (for the fat lip) Hire yourself a cheap lawyer and tell the club you will sue them since their bouncer accosted you in a public parking lot.

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I would have done the same thing for my sister...

Uhm is your sister hot???? j/k this is the UG after all ;)

TTT for wrecker, fuck bully bouncers.

YourFather...one should always prepare for the worst.  There is a difference betweens fighting and combat, you dunce!  Just like there's a difference between a Kenpo elbow and a BJJ elbow!  BJJ elbow=ending up in guard with shirt over your head.  Kenpo elbow=quick knockout and on to next opponent.

Gary Hughes

I have won two fights by K.O. both with elbows, last week in KOTC and my first fight. Both times my opponet was on the mat longer than the fight itself.

My kenpo elbow is strong! I just did not hit him square.

I could not attempt another and use my full kempo power it would be too powerful and for sure his head would be decapitated.

Actually never took kempo, but muay thai teaches some pretty good elbows

You should have ganied a DOMINATE position and punched him in the eye.

Get your bread!

wrecker- are you from pb? train there? email me when you get a chance.

jeremy jnlcouball@hotmail.com

u know guys this is getting so damn tiring ...Now it can be true ppl using BJJ on the street will get their head kicked , or punched from another attacker blab lahbalb

WHO CARES! most of the fight s that happen where folks get jumped are those with boxing or stand up skills....for all this volnurability for BJJ guys u never hear any of the OG members posting a story or experience where they were getting their asses whipped by multi-attackers any more or less (actually never so far) than someone using another style of defense.

IT does work just as any other style , but liek with anything its all in the approach and be aware of the environment.

cont...

from Bruce Lee himself :

" Bruce Lee "In JKD, one does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity. Before I studied the art, a punch to me was just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick no longer a kick. Now that I've understood the art, a punch is just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. It is the halfway cultivation that leads to ornamentation. Jeet Kune-Do is basically a sophisticated fighting style stripped to its essentials. Art is the expression of the self. The more complicated and restricted the method, the less the opportunity for expression of one's original sense of freedom. Though they play an important role in the early stage, the techniques should not be too mechanical, complex or restrictive. If we cling blindly to them, we shall eventually become bound by their limitations. Remember, you are expressing the techniques and not doing the techniques. If somebody attacks you, your response is not Technique No.1, Stance No. 2, Section 4, Paragraph 5. Instead you simply move in like sound and echo, without any deliberation. It is as though when I call you, you answer me, or when I throw you something, you catch it. It's as simple as that - no fuss, no mess. In other words, when someone grabs you, punch him. To me a lot of this fancy stuff is not functional. A martial artist who drills exclusively to a set pattern of combat is losing his freedom. He is actually becoming a slave to a choice pattern and feels that the pattern is the real thing. It leads to stagnation because the way of combat is never based on personal choice and fancies, but constantly changes from moment to moment, and the disappointed combatant will soon find out that his 'choice routine' lacks pliability. There must be a 'being' instead of a 'doing' in training. One must be free. Instead of complexity of form, there should be simplicity of expression. To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is. In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject. Actually, he keeps chiselling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Thus, contrary to other styles, being wise in Jeet Kune-Do doesn't mean adding more; it means to minimize, in other words to hack away the unessential. It is not daily increase but daily decrease; hack away the unessential."

cont...
Bruce Lee qoute --

"Here is a qoute from Bruce Lee:

... < On reacting to the opponent> "The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement. A good JKD man does not oppose force or give way completely. He is pliable as a spring; he is the complement and not the opposition to his opponent’s strength. He has no technique; he makes his opponent's technique his technique. He has no design; he makes opportunity his design. One should not respond to circumstance with artificial and "wooden" prearrangement. Your action should be like the immediacy of a shadow adapting to its moving object. Your task is simply to complete the other half of the oneness spontaneously. In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes.'"

this is no different for the "Fighting in a phone booth" or "Best way to pull gaurd on cement " threads...nothing changes regardless where u at.

You're going to jail, dude. The fight was not worth it.

LOL @ the pic of Royce training for Yorborough.

i wouldnt have been instigating a fight or anything but i k know i would have had to let him know something about his behavior towards my sister or girlfreind or whoever it may be.

"due to legal ramifications, pulling a "Vanderlei" on your opponent is overkill." I suppose that there would be no legal ramifications for snapping someone's elbow the wrong direction... I can see it now...

Judge: "Why did you break this man's arm?"

YourFather: "It was a restraining hold sir. I was using the strategy of Brasillian Zu-Zitzu to defend myself against three attackers whom I challenged. You see the Gracie's proved the effectiveness of Zu-Zitzu in the early 1990s in similar challenges. The UFC was one such challenge that allowed competors to use their style in a no rules competition that was as close as street combat as possible. Oh, and Judo has nothing to do with Zu-Zitzi and Yoshida cheated. Oh, and the fights with Fry, Tamura, and Silva were works... etc..."

Judge: "You sure do talk allot, but you don't really say anything. I am going to find you not guilty of breaking this man's are with intent. You were merely attempting to use positional dominance to restrain this young man."

YourFather: "ANOTHER victory for Zu-Zitzu!"

Judge: "Hold on there windbag, you are guilty of being ignorant and blabbing on for hours on end."

"It's generally better to practice restraint techniques that give you the option of going for the kill, than it is to have no real control over the degree to which someone is damaged. Why wouldn't someone want that level of control? "

Being pinned, actually "stacked," under an overweight bouncer with two of his buddies standing there is not my definition of control. Is it yours? If so, you = delusional. How can you say the Wrekkler was in control? He was taken down, luckily into guard and then stacked... It sounds to me like the bouncer was passing, and then the other bouncers broke up the fight...

"No style is going to save your ass against 3 guys who can all fight." is correct... The ideal situation would be to avoid the fight at all costs... however if you must engage, then use tactics that will afford you the opportunity to escape or seriously injure your opponent in order to achieve a better ratio then 3:1...