Hardest Puncher in MMA

"Not many have mentioned Kid Yamamoto."
I second that, he may not have technical boxing skills but everything he throws has insane power behind it

pulver, terry martin, ludwig, derrick noble

liddell lawler baroni

not as big name as some of the fighters everyone has been naming, but Im gonna say Forrest Petz, this is a name your gonna be hearing alot of

royce gracie is the hardest hitter period

"I don't see how people could say Rizzo."

Probably has something to do with all his KOs, all of which are from one punch or a 1-2 rather than a battering beatdown.

How many KOs does Fedor have again?

I would put Kawajiri up there at 155,he has some heavy hands.

"qazzaq, I'm pretty sure that Gary Goodridge was the one who said that you don't feel Igor's punches"

yeah, you might be right.

"it still kills me that people think tank hits hard, by that rationale a power lifter should hit way harder than Mike tyson...you can tell who watches MMA and who trains MMA by these tank comments..."

I think the rationale is that "When Tank hits guys, they get KO'd, or if they block, they still go reeling halfway across the ring". He rocked Cabbage with a jab (and dropped Frye with the same, while backpedaling if I remember right).

lol @ Baroni being mentioned.

if baroni is anywhere up there, that's a bad sign for the hand striking techniques of MMA guys. Guy couldnt even win a "Toughman" contest, now he's one of the scariest strikers in MMA? lol

what bout Tony Galindo..that guy knocked people the fuckshit out

ttt for obesedaryl clearing up what Heath Herring said about Igor and Fedor

Still would be cool to know....if you see this

Tank and Vovchanchin.

There is nothing wrong with wild looping punches when they land. And that broken rythem can give more technical fighters fits.

Proper technique and placement are importand. If you hit a guy with your best punch but it lands on his forehead, you'll hurt your hand. But a less powerful punch that lands to the Jaw can KO a guy. So if placement is more importand than power, then a Knockout artist doesn't have to have the hardest punch.

For just one punch, talking PSI - I'd say that Tank and Igor rank as the top two, just from what I'v seen.

Great counter-punchers like Liddell and Rizzo rely more on the placment of the punch, and they Knock guys out because of it. These guys hit really hard, but not as hard in one punch as Tank or Vovchanin IMO.

p4p
Ian freeman and jens

dahosse has taken the correct and one-two'd it.

I'd rank Igor, Fedor and Tank up there but their technique is so wild you wonder how hard they would hit if they delivered with better technique (I'm sure Tank would kill someone if he ever threw a perfect right cross).

Arlovski has very good technique and I'd rank him up there..Igor and Fedor just have really heavy hands and that helps. Plus they throw with total committment.

Tank should be on everyone's list.  He hits very hard.

Chuck@NY... you going to the next UFC???

-ShelbyGirl

PS. I say Fedor

Does anybody know where that damned alleged interview with Herring is where he compares Igor and Fedor?

"because power comes from technique not just strength. guys like rizzo and arlovski have long arms and they twist their hips when they throw a punch, putting all their force into it...that's why they hit so hard....it still kills me that people think tank hits hard, by that rationale a power lifter should hit way harder than Mike tyson...

I disagree. Yes Rizzo has very good technique, but that doesn't make him a huge power puncher. He's gotten some very nice KOs because they've been smack-dab on the chin, usually after the guy was already stunned (e.g. Tank, TK, Tra, Arlovski, Barnett). When you have such awsome technique and pin-point precision, you don't need as much pure punching power to knock guys out. Tank, on the other hand, swings like a fucking polar bear. His technique is awful, but if he connects solidly anywhere on your head with a big punch, you're going down.

"you can tell who watches MMA and who trains MMA by these tank comments..."

I do watch and train MMA and agree with you 100% on that.