Help With My Workout Routines

I'm 6'2 and weigh 206lbs and am trying to increase muscle mass while also decreasing BF%.

My weekly workouts go like this:

Monday:
Bench press 210lbs 3 sets of 5
Dumbell curls 40lbs 4 sets of 16-20 reps
Tricep extensions 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Barbell curls 75lbs 4 sets of 8-10 reps
Dumbell tricep press 50 lbs 4 sets of 10-12

Tuesday:
Incline bench 195lbs 3 sets of 5
Dumbell military 50lbs 4 sets of 10
Dumbell lateral an front raises 15lbs 4 sets of 12
Dumbell rear delt raises 10lbs 4 sets of 12
Machine Vertical bench press 170 4sets 10
Sit-ups till failure

Wednsday:
Squats 255 4 sets of 6
Kettlebell lunges 35lbs 4 sets of 12(each leg)
Leg extensions 4 sets 10-12 reps
Hamstring curls 4 sets 10-12 reps
Calf raises 4 sets 20reps

Thursday:rest

Friday:
Repeat Monday

Saturday:
repeat Tuesday

Sunday:rest

I've been working out for a few months now but I know very little as to how to most efficiently lift to increase strength. Phone Post 3.0

I should also add that I have barely any noticable muscle definition except with my chest. My wingspan is 78" and I'm 18 years old. Phone Post 3.0

To me, it looks like you are ignoring your back and under-working your legs.  If you've only been working out for a few months, I would be tempted to recommend you dump your program and either adopt Starting Strength or 5/3/1 Boring But Big variant

But what do I know?

Trying to figure out if this is a troll......

Thanks for the advice. I've been interested in trying the 5/3/1 method for some time now and will look into it more. Phone Post 3.0

LiftStrong - Trying to figure out if this is a troll......
No I'm serious haha is my routine that bad? Phone Post 3.0

terrible. you will never make progress like that. i mean you are benching 4x/week...you arent allowing any recovery, so the only way you can keep up with this is to lift without any intensity.

5/3/1 is more of an intermediate/advanced routine. you can do it, but you might want to start somewhere else.

Tommy_Wiseau - terrible. you will never make progress like that. i mean you are benching 4x/week...you arent allowing any recovery, so the only way you can keep up with this is to lift without any intensity.

5/3/1 is more of an intermediate/advanced routine. you can do it, but you might want to start somewhere else.
Thanks for the advice man, glad I asked and didn't keep going with this routine. Going to do extensive research on 5/3/1 when I get home. Phone Post 3.0

cheesyfries - 
LiftStrong - Trying to figure out if this is a troll......
No I'm serious haha is my routine that bad? Phone Post 3.0

Wasnt trying to be a dick but yeah... that plan isnt going to get you where you want to be. Dont feel bad though... when I was 18 I just showed up at the gym and did whatever I felt like that day.

You need to work your big muscle groups, way too much accessory work. Something such like 5/3/1 as suggested would be a good start. I would try to hit your upper and lower body 2x per week each. Sprint work is great for building muscle and losing fat too. If you cant get your hands on a program I can probably send you something to get started.

VU Thanks for the advice man. I'm most likely going to do Wendler's 5/3/1 program after seeng all of the posotive feedback in the "5/3/1 is awesome" thread. Will do more research once I get home and report back with what I've discovered to ask for more input. Phone Post 3.0

As others have said, your routine is all over the place and seems to be just an amalgam of different gym exercises. You're not giving yourself enough recovery (hitting chest 4x a week, for example) and your program doesn't seem to have a clear goal.

5/3/1 is good but I agree with Tommy that it is more of an intermediate routine. I'd probably start with Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength if I were you - those are beginner programs that nonetheless focus on the big compound lifts and should get you stronger and comfortable with the appropriate exercises.

Make sure you have proper form on the deadlifts and squats.

Dude your 18 and a noob. Do full body routines and milk out some linear gains. The shit your doing is far too much volume

Strong lifts or starting strenght. For at least 6-12 months. Phone Post 3.0

Btw you will not increase lean mass and decrease fat at the same time it's just too hard and requires a lot of effort. Pick one goal and stick to that. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks everybody. So would you say that the 5/3/1 program is more difficult/demanding than the 5x5 stronglifts or vice versa? Phone Post 3.0

Okay so out of these two routines which one would you reccomend?

5x5 Stronglift

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

5/3/1

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength Phone Post 3.0

I'd recommend strong lifts for sure it's just a bit simpler. 5/3/1 is awesome but it's not really a beginners program.

I did 5x5 for 6 months and found it awesome. I added 3 sets of dips on bench day and 3 sets of chins on deadlift day. It's amazing how much your arms grow with zero isolation work. Phone Post 3.0

ISawSilva'sBONEr - I'd recommend strong lifts for sure it's just a bit simpler. 5/3/1 is awesome but it's not really a beginners program.

I did 5x5 for 6 months and found it awesome. I added 3 sets of dips on bench day and 3 sets of chins on deadlift day. It's amazing how much your arms grow with zero isolation work. Phone Post 3.0

This

Switch to 5/3/1 after you become comfortable with Strong Lifts and start to stagnate or get bored

12erInMyKaepingHoles -
ISawSilva'sBONEr - I'd recommend strong lifts for sure it's just a bit simpler. 5/3/1 is awesome but it's not really a beginners program.

This

Switch to 5/3/1 after you become comfortable with Strong Lifts and start to stagnate or get bored
Awesome. Going to start it up on Wednsday. Thanks guys, I'll VU when it refreshes. Phone Post 3.0

Couple of notes

Don't start too heavy otherwise your gains will stall

Get your squat form down. Get someone who knows to check for you. After all this is a squat program

When you stall it's recommended to drop the weight back or change to 3x5. I found a deload week where I dropped all weights by half to be far more effective.

I'd recommend a deload week every 4 weeks anyway as this program is pretty taxing on the body.

Make sure your in a caloric surplus. Otherwise your strength gains will stall quickly. Phone Post 3.0

ISawSilva'sBONEr - Couple of notes

Don't start too heavy otherwise your gains will stall

Get your squat form down. Get someone who knows to check for you. After all this is a squat program

When you stall it's recommended to drop the weight back or change to 3x5. I found a deload week where I dropped all weights by half to be far more effective.

I'd recommend a deload week every 4 weeks anyway as this program is pretty taxing on the body.

Make sure your in a caloric surplus. Otherwise your strength gains will stall quickly. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man. What did your diet consist of when doing this? Phone Post 3.0