HENDO signing with strikeforce!

The Rat - 
TheVileOne - Just curious, is it confirmed Henderson signed with Strikeforce?

No not at all, its just that the UFc and Hendo failed to come to an agreement. The UFC still might have the right to match any offer SF makes.

Could this be another Tito Ortiz/Randy Couture pissing contest?

haha, no way the UFC is gonna let a big name like dan henderson join their biggest rival. just not happening

TheVileOne - Could this be another Tito Ortiz/Randy Couture pissing contest?

Hendo finished the fights on his contract, usually there is a right to match an offer for a period of time (6 months or whatever), then after that he's a free agent.

Josh Gross twitted that he only met Coker for the first time and had coffee...no deal was offered.

dana is going to send bisbing to beat the hell out of dan in SF

see, it's excusable cause, when Dana said "winner gets title shot" what he meant was, "winner gets title shot...if Bisping wins cause he's my UK posterboy and good friend"

Dana pulling this same shit with Rampage in addition to constantly mocking him in the press is why Page said fuck this shit, and bounced. he didn't have the option to go to strikeforce like Dan cause Hendo completed his last fight.

good for Henderson, they wanna play games and jerk guys around then fuck it, go fight somewhere else.

can't blame the guy if he does sign with Strikeforce.

he has a value on himself and his skills & marketability and the UFC and Dana obviously don't see the same things he does. he should stick to his guns especially if there is another Org out there willing to meet his demands.

good luck Hendo.

i'll be looking forward to the Hendo-Moussasi and in all likelyhood Hendo-Fedor fights.

say it ain't so...

Huge if Strikeforce does sign him but I don't see it happening.

Negotiations is all we're seeing here. Until the ink is on the contract it's nothing more than chatter.

Had to login just to jump on this thread, Im so happy to see the majority is with Dan. Thats obviously how it should be, support the fighters, who gives a fuck about the promotions.

It doesnt look like this is really official yet though but if and when it does become official, congratulations to Dan for getting that bread, he deserves it as much as anyone in the sport.

And Dana will come out with a smear campaign if this does go down but it wont do much good, if SF can really pull this off then they are obviously here to stay and play.

If Dana wants to keep the UFC the juggernaut that it is he has to pay guys like Hendo the big superstar dollars that he deserves AND give that man his rematch with the Spider.

Didn't Gross report that there was no signing or much of a discussion with Strikeforce yet?

Fanhouse reported that.

From mmaweekly.
Henderson denied claims that he has been shopping his services to rival promotion Strikeforce, though he had an informal coffee meeting with Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker last weekend.

“I’ve never even seen an offer from them,” he said.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9790&zoneid=13

he's not signed with them yet. some people need to re-read the article. he hasn't signed shit. the ufc will match at the 11th hour. i don't know why this thread is called HENDO signing with strikeforce! it should be Hendo is in TALKS with Strikeforce.

www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp

tumn - Terrible move by the UFC, damn I am pissed.

It's all posturing right now.  In the end he'll stay with the UFC.  That's where the big money and big fights are for Hendo.

LETS SEE HENDO vs FEDOR !

LOL, some of you fail reading comphrehension.  NOTHING is official.  NOTHING is signed.  In fact Hendo is still saying he wants to work things out with the UFC.  It's all posturing, get a clue.  In the end Dana will make sure to re-sign him.

Boldar -  It's all posturing right now.  In the end he'll stay with the UFC.  That's where the big money and big fights are for Hendo.

I want to say I agree because Hendo's camp says nothing is official, and the more reputable sites haven't really reported anything.

Plus Iole got things wrong and "misquoted" Dana White before.

so zuffa signs Baroni and Trigg and lets Dan go free? I has confusion...

The Rat - Wtf! Dana and Lorenzo are usually on top of their game but to let Hendo go is a fucking travesty!

do you think they let him go,or do you think its more of a f u by hendo