How did you guys find out about the UG?

Shit now that I think about it I first heard of this place a few yrs earlier in 03 ish from a good buddy but never visited. Miss ya Tommy!

I was looking for the case of the gheys. Found 2 premium sites. It was a toss salad, I mean toss up between this site and grinder. I choose this because I didn’t come out of the closet yet and I thought the underground was some sort of metaphor for being a closet fag. The rest is history. Heys boys.

MMA Playwright - 
Mr. Wright -

2000 by legendary poster Shiloh

lurked for awhile and finally signed up in 2002.

Do you know him in real life?  How is he?  I heard he got hit by a car. 

yep. 

haven't talked to him in awhile. not since the accident. he was growing tired of this place and all of the BS so i'd have to assume that's why he hasn't posted in awhile.

Knew the content here was similar to what is on lemonparty dot org, so I figured I'd check it out.

Mr. Wright -
MMA Playwright - 
Mr. Wright -

2000 by legendary poster Shiloh

lurked for awhile and finally signed up in 2002.

Do you know him in real life?  How is he?  I heard he got hit by a car. 

yep. 

haven't talked to him in awhile. not since the accident. he was growing tired of this place and all of the BS so i'd have to assume that's why he hasn't posted in awhile.

He posted a few months ago.  He used to post pictures of his 22" biceps and would smash trolls. But yeah his last thread a few months back he was asked where he's been, and basically said this place is dead and nothing to talk about.

Heard about it on Mousel's. I'm sure a few OG members know. 

I'm a sherdog transplant. Knew about here for a time before I joined. Just got tired of constantly talking mma and liked the OGs levity 

Found my way to submissionfighting.com from MAWN! 

I searched for submission fighting and brought me here back in 1999. This was before UFC and other fighting show was called MMA.

Googled mixed martial arts and this was the top result iirc

RockTheVote -

Googled trayvon Martin discussions and ended up on the og. Was a bjj... Blue or purple at the time and had fought a few times but didn't know this place existed. I went six months thinking the og was all there was. Clicked around one day and realized there was an actual mma area in here. Decided to stay. 

Hahahaha

You're doing it wrong.

I got permanently banned from Sherdog in 04-05?

I believe I found it mentioned on Mousel’s forum

big_slacker - 

Heard about it on Mousel's. I'm sure a few OG members know. 

Di’int see your post before I replied LOL…

It’s cool how everyone has a unique story. I expected more matbattle posts tbh haha

Joe was talking about it once. Came on here and saw that legendary Kimbo Kenny Florian thread. I was like wtf...it was so cool. Now I stop by every once in a while. 

dhughes -
dhughes -
MMA Playwright - Saw a help wanted ad posted in a trade journal, where Zuffa was offering $250K/year for paid posters. I went to Vegas, interviewed with Dana White, Joe Silva and Burt Watson. Negotiated for 5 weeks vacation/year, accepted job.

Same

Well except I got 7 weeks paid vacation 

Nice. 

Loving those yearly raises too. Great company to work for. 

I’ve been here for so long I honestly can’t remember how I first got here.

When I started mma my first coach told me to look it up.  He said it was the site that kept mma alive during the dark ages and if I could wade through some dumb shit, I’d learn a ton of history about the sport.

I came from a boxing background and before I decided to train for an mma fight, if I came upon mma on TV (WEC at the time) I would flip right on by.  Who the fuck wants to watch C level boxing with dudes hugging?  Haha!

He was right.

On both counts.

I typed in “sexy pictures of guys wrestling” in Ask Jeeves and the rest is history.