How good was Marvin Hagler?

Poor Mugabi, he was landing counter shots that would have knocked down or at least backed off most men, but Marvin just ate them and stayed right in front, punching away.

Mugabi and Hagler was a great fight, both guys showed incredible heart and chins. In the end, Marvin was just unbreakable and Mugabi crumbled.

Love me some Marvelous! Phone Post 3.0

It's hard to find a boxing fan who didn't love Marvin.

All-time legend.

Malvert the Janitor - Will any era in combat sports compare to what boxing had in the '80s??? Phone Post 3.0
doubt it Phone Post 3.0

Decision Dan's Karma -

He fought in the best era of boxing IMO. Such a beast, Hagler v Hearns is one of my favorite fights ever

Indeed. And Hearns was a bad ass as well. He hurt Hagler in the 1st rd. My biggest sports wish would be to have that fight go the distance. It was beautiful. Phone Post 3.0

AVClub - 
Decision Dan's Karma -

He fought in the best era of boxing IMO. Such a beast, Hagler v Hearns is one of my favorite fights ever

Indeed. And Hearns was a bad ass as well. He hurt Hagler in the 1st rd. My biggest sports wish would be to have that fight go the distance. It was beautiful. Phone Post 3.0

Hearns would have been Duk Koo Kim'd.

Watching Hagler Hearns and it just makes me sad for boxing now.

NO ONE in the history of MWs would DARE go toe to toe with Marvelous Marvin, you'd be asking for a death sentence.

You better stick and move, because if you stay stationary for a split second, your ass is grass. Lol Phone Post

ttt

Hagler was awesome! My Favorite fighter growing up. He would just beat on other fighters, wear them down and then knock them out. Sibson, Hamsho, Magabi. He destroyed those guys with his relentlessness. His fights with Vito Antifermo were amazing. Never going to see a Champion warrior like that in the ring again. His fight with Hearns just showed how determined this dude was to win.

Was robbed vs Leonard who would only fight 20-30 seconds of each round.

Hagler was one of my all time favorites. Not a one punch ok guy, just wore you down. He didn't lift just lots of push-ups and he was a laborer while he was working his way up the rankings. His roadwork was insane 8-10 miles runs a day, twice a month 15 miles. Too much IMO. Have his boxing workout from 25 yrs ago.

62-3-2

52 KO's

78% KO rate

A beast & in my opinion robbed on the split decision to Sugar Ray.

One of the top 10 best of all time?

Best MW I've ever seen.

very good fighter, always in shape and came to fight, but he fought in a down era for 160. never really had a good victory over another full size middle, all of his great wins were against smaller guys coming up. mugabi was a 154 guy who never fought a contender at that weight. after hagler he never fought another good fighter until norris and mcclellan who both got him out of there in 1 round. he struggled against fast fighters wih good movement. rewatch duran or leonard fights. roy, nunn, toney, hopkins, mcclellan would have all been tough fights for him at 160. taller, fast handed, full size middles who also all had very good power. second to robinson? no at all, top 5 all time at middle? no at all

ANT_P1989 - 

NO ONE in the history of MWs would DARE go toe to toe with Marvelous Marvin, you'd be asking for a death sentence.

You better stick and move, because if you stay stationary for a split second, your ass is grass. Lol Phone Post

monzon, lamotta and fullmer all called and asked for hagler's phone number. remind me again of a one punch knock out he had that makes you feel like standing in front of him was a death sentence?

Frank Gallagher - 
MMA Playwrite - Just remember, when you talk all-time greats at middleweight you are talking about a list of greats that include the following:

Jake LaMotta
Carlos Monzon
Harry Greb
Dick Tiger
Bob Fitzsimmons
Bernard Hopkins
Sugar Ray Robinson
Charley Burley

and more that I can't think of right now. There have been some great, great middleweights.

How do you possibly miss Hearns? Phone Post

hearns resume at 160 wasn't impressive enough to rank him all time at that weight. and there are some guys from the 90's that just didn't hang around tht long at the weight but were tough as nails. all around 6ft, fast and highly skilled and were big physically for the class, like roy, james toney, michael nunn, gerald mcclellan who would have to be included in all time rankings if they hand't moved up. 

pharochuck -
ANT_P1989 -  NO ONE in the history of MWs would DARE go toe to toe with Marvelous Marvin, you'd be asking for a death sentence.

monzon, lamotta and fullmer all called and asked for hagler's phone number. remind me again of a one punch knock out he had that makes you feel like standing in front of him was a death sentence?

So Lamotta called out Hagler in his sixties? Phone Post

dubate - 
pharochuck -
ANT_P1989 -  NO ONE in the history of MWs would DARE go toe to toe with Marvelous Marvin, you'd be asking for a death sentence.

So Lamotta called out Hagler in his sixties? Phone Post

a joke based on him saying no middle in history would have dared stand in front of hagler. history has shown there have been a ton of guys at that weight who defined the term iron chinned warriors

Goat mw IMO Phone Post 3.0

Tommy Gunnz - one of my absolute favorites

this!