how many pills/day do u take?

vitamins, supplements, not including medication... how many pills do you end up taking per day?

My friend was just asking me how many pills a day I take so it got me thinking that I take a lot of pills every day.

presently per day I am taking:

1 vitamin c

1 multivitamin

1 vitamin e

3 CLA

4 ripped fuel

total = 10 pills

seems like a lot

(edited cuz I figured I should mention how many I take)

30 Fish oils before bed.

Sometimes 1 EC cap before training.

what does Fish oil do?

you seriously take 31 pills a day?

Well,.. people look at me like I'm crazy when I take all those fishoils. I don't consider it 'taking 30 pills'.. that sounds shitty.

Fishoil is nasty shit.. its easy to take when its in a capsule. If you were to dump it out.. it'd probably be like a few tablespoons. So when you look at it like that, its not a big deal.

I just take it for overall good health. I sleep better, think better, recover faster.. I can definitely tell a difference when I don't take 'em. But its not something you can take one day and 'feel something,'.. it's got to become a regular part of your diet.

0 pills.

Koing

1 multi vitamin

1 multi vitimin
3 1000 mg ester c
2 no iron multi mineral
6 bio flavinoids
6 cla
1 potassium
6 bromaline
25 pills total

2 gluco/chondro for the joints and a "pain pill"

optipack (multivit)= 6

ginsing = 1

ginko biloba = 1

I take 1 TBS of Cod Liver Oil a day.

1 multivitamin , 1 vitamin E, 1 vitamin B complex, 1 vitamin C

0 - they are all a ripp off

1 multi
3 glucosamine
1 protein shake

2 multi vitamins/antioxidants
2 multi minerals
4 glucosamines complex

sometimes i take an ephedrine pill before training.

1 pill general vitamin supplement

3 Essential fatty acid pills.

2 pills Tribulus in the morning.

1 pill antioxidants before my workout (possibly 2 workouts a day)

2 pills Tribulus at night.

4 ZMA before bed.

*glutamine powder before and after workouts and Swical Energy Vials (ginseng stuff) before workouts*

Its alot but taking such a regime allows me to train 6 days a week twice a day without having to do steroids (not that I ever have). I would add glucosamine pills in there if I had joint problems.

Biggy, can you give me a rundown of what those pills do. I am looking to undertake a similarly rigorious training program.

Ok the general vitamin supplement is just that - for an overall health. Just go to any health store and ask of anything called super once a day or something.

I take the essential fatty acids for fat metabolism control. I think they help get your body to use fats and cholesterol in a controlled manner so you're not bouncing up and down too hard in weight. Look for something with Omega 3,6 and 9 but more of 3.

The tribulus gets your body to PRODUCE testosterone to its fullest potential. READ: Tribulus isnt a hormone rather it stimulates your body to produce more testosterone to its fullest potential. I had NO side effects you hear about with steroid usage. They work best for me if I take it just before and just after my workouts. Its a good idea to invest in one of the better brands out there - they should also have Avena Sativa in them with other stuff as well. Just make sure you read whether or not it has Zn added in... more on that later.

Although ZMA claims to help you to produce testosteroune in higher amounts, the main reason I take it so I can get some QUALITY SLEEP. Remember, you build muscle while you are sleeping, not while awake. And I dont take any one those separate Zn or Mg stuff for 2 reasons. One, they often have Calcium in them which is quite laughable because it interferes with the absorbtion of the said minerals, and two, ZMA has Magnesium and Zinc in proportions that were proven to maximize absorption.

I take a pill of antioxidants (should have vit E and C, beta-carotene, selenium, etc) before workouts. I was told by Pat Miletich that it improves your cardio. It makes me feel more awake when I take them, especially if I take it before a morning workout where I havent eaten yet.

I take those Swical Energy Vials that have ginseng and ginko in it just before my workouts. If you know who Ivan Menjivar is; he is the one who recommended this to me and well this guy has one of best cardio I have had the fortune to experience.

You could add a glucosamine/chondratoin sulfate supplement in there if you have joint problems. Joint fuel is a reliable choice as is GLC 2000 which Ortiz uses.

Finally there is glutamine powder. If you will take only one thing that is referred to as a supplement because you want to be able to consistently train hard without feeling that sorness the next day then this is it. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body and you only need to take 10g a day so you wont necessarily get fat from it if you were to take protein. Actually, glutamine has been also proven to improve your immunity. Ironically, athletes dont have the best immunity because they generally have lower fat stores than most and an immunity boost is important to a person like me who likes to do jogging and sprints outside in the winter time up here in Canada.

Now, I mentioned earlier that you should watch how much Zn you are ingesting a day. Different studies conflict but if you take too much of it then there is a risk of kidney toxicity. I think its safe to limit your Zn intake to 100mg/day (500mg/day is definitely risky). Your main source of it should come from the ZMA. Ofcourse the general vitamin pill will have it too. But, be sure to read the labels on those other supplements I recommended, particularily the Swical, Antioxidants and Tribulus.

Notice that I did not recommend creatine or protein. This aint a body building supplement list, its more of a different type of training. Ofcourse if you are looking to gain weight then you could add protein (not sure about creatine though), but then again just make sure to eat alot of proteinaceous foods. Also, notice I did not mention effedrine or any other heart modulators. They are risky to use in my opinion.

Hope this was helpful. Take care.

Biggy

-doug-

4 x 1 gram Vitamin C tablets

1 multivitamin

1 B-complex

1 time-released aspirin

1 ZMA