How much $$$ to train at Gracie Barra?

I cannot believe that they are getting people into 6 year contracts, absolutely absurd

"It was Barra in Country Side, IL. It was a year ago and the place is tiny."

Who is the teacher there?

this place is a factory.They have issued something like 3000 black belts.

Pay 140$ a month to train under a 6th degree blackbelt under rickson gracie.

"is it because none of your guys can actually win at it? I heard of Feitosa but not of any of your instructors."

Juliano Prado is a very well known guy. BJJ black belt who has competed in MMA and is the BJJ coach to many good fighters.

Brock75thRanger, where are you referring to?

Altair - ^^^^Yeah Countryside is a little crazy from what I heard, nothing like GB Chicago, come by, the owners are easy to work with, its a big and beautiful place, a lot of blues,purples and browns.

I have had 2 friends join already, they have taken care of them both, tell them what your looking for.

Thank you i will keep that in mind..

shen - "It was Barra in Country Side, IL. It was a year ago and the place is tiny."

Who is the teacher there?

I think now don't quote me on this a guy who was about my age (24) or so and his name was Christian "Xuripino" or something like that I can't remember off the top of my head. His first name was christian i know that. I think if im not mistaken he won mundials?

Christian now has his own school:

bjjsouthside.com

Don't know anyone that has trained there, I wonder what the prices are like there?

ATT Miami is 300/month.

300/month?

are you kidding me?

Dang!

Only way I'd pay that much is if Sakuraba taught 7 days a week

Thanks for the info Prince on the Temecula/Murrieta GB !

GB was the place I'd recommend until Carlos promoted Alex to black belt, that guy fkn sucks and promoted himself to Purple Belt so he's really still a Blue Belt. Guy is HORRID

Alex came to from Alan Goes to Clebers years ago and shows wearing a Purple Belt, said Alan promoted him. Alan laughed and said he never did and to this day denies it, it was obvious anyway

Carlos really watered the standards down promoting someone like that

promoted the same day as Babalu, what a way to ruin that day

hate all you want I tell the truth

how dare I say that about Carlos, it is what it is

GB is a money making machine

130 or so

^^^^^Thats correct, the most BJJ champs in the world, tons of black belts.

Monthly fees are affected by many things. Depending on the price of the square footage they are renting or their mortgage payment a very tiny gym could cost 3k per month. Thats 20 students just to get a empty box. Then there are utilities, insurance, business licenses, advertising etc... Not including paying yourself or any staff and you could be looking at a minimum of 40-50 students just to open the doors each day.

Try to separate what your broke ass cant afford and accusing people of being "all about money". Like thats such a bad thing anyways... I would be willing to bet that most sub-$100 per month schools are barely making it or are just side jobs for the owners.

I have my own business, I have to sell at least 225k per year just to break even and pay myself only 75k per year. I dont have an office space or employees, if I did have an office or employees I could be staring at needing a minimum of 500k a year in sales just to break even...

i pay 85 a month for unlimited gi and nogi under one of top pedro sauer black belt in ms and people bitch bout those prices lol