How much $$$ to train at Gracie Barra?

I pay 160 a month for unlimited, 24hr training. Can't complain, I get great training.

"Its funny that these NO GI queers actually think they are really MMA guys, they think if your NO GI you MUST be a real bad ass, please, GB rules hands down, go back to your suburb BJJ school!"

Dave have you been drinking? You aren't an MMA guy unless you compete in MMA, I think that is a given. Some people just do not enjoy the gi. Train whatever you like.

I think if you visited MTC you would have a dif perspective on how "pussy" suburb BJJ/MMA schools can be :)

"

Dave have you been drinking? You aren't an MMA guy unless you compete in MMA, I think that is a given. Some people just do not enjoy the gi. Train whatever you like.

I think if you visited MTC you would have a dif perspective on how "pussy" suburb BJJ/MMA schools can be :)

i think dave is just frustrated at the people knocking our school. we are both very loyal students and take personal offense to some of the allegations, being that the instructors are our like a second family.

ps - i love the gi now, and i did mma and no gi for about four years before i ever put on a gi.

took a while to get used to, though.

lol@this thread

GB might give you a discount if you bring your girlfriend with you

Yeah I hear ya Cliff, you guys have a solid team at your school.

shen - GB as an organization seems to be simultaneously walking a dual path...

On the one hand, they DO offer very high level training and have MANY excellent BBs, teachers & students in a number of locations.

Simultaneously, though they are ALSO selling everything they can (fleecing students) & giving some questionable promotions.

When the serious GB Black Belts get tired of business taking precedence & standards dropping, I predict a LOT of the best people leaving GB & splinter organizations emerging.

Over-expansion without sufficient quality control will be GB’s downfall.

I think shen hit the nail on the head. What's up shen! You from Cleber's originally, right?

YVES JOCKSTRAP - Yeah I hear ya Cliff, you guys have a solid team at your school.

I invited you, ill be waiting for your invite also Ramy, Gi or No-Gi =)

Suburban pussy lol

Also I meant the NoGi thing was more like guys thinking they are a lot badder, hell I love NoGi, but Gi and NoGi are not very far off.you know I love ya, that suburban dojo comment wasn't meant to you

mad tiger - PAPA JON imo

Ouch.

well..........

BenBJJ - 100 useless posts!

You're right im sorry. Everyone back the more meaningful threads!! Especially the one about Juanito's hat yea!!

Papa Jon would probably tap 85% of the posters here.

Just sayin'

^^^^correct........../thread

Who is Papa Jon? What does he do with Gracie Barra? I thought Carlinos and Fietosa were over Barra.

I heard Papa John was out of Barra.

edit

Repeat post

TapOutCoach - From: HuntingtonPUNK

GB was the place I'd recommend until Carlos promoted Alex to black belt, that guy fkn sucks and promoted himself to Purple Belt so he's really still a Blue Belt. Guy is HORRID

Alex came to from Alan Goes to Clebers years ago and shows wearing a Purple Belt, said Alan promoted him. Alan laughed and said he never did and to this day denies it, it was obvious anyway

Carlos really watered the standards down promoting someone like that

promoted the same day as Babalu, what a way to ruin that day

hate all you want I tell the truth

how dare I say that about Carlos, it is what it is

GB is a money making machine

You have ignored this user.

===============================

HuntingtonPUNK...WHO the F are YOU!!!!! The truth?? How do you know Alex?? You train w/ him? Come on down to GB, now in Irvine off the 5 and we'll see what's up!!!!

TapOutCoach- I have trained at both GB America and with HB Punk at Cleber's back in the day and I can assure you that HB would do incredibly well against most of the students at the school. Say what you will, but the guy is solid. Rolled with him about 1.5 year or so ago after I left GB and he was VERY good, even with a busted back. Just my .02 cents.

I still have some very good friends at GB America that are very good, but I too found the business model to be more focused on making a huge profit. Obviously, most schools want monetary success, but I just thought some of the soul had changed from when it started. There are a lot of promotions occurring all the time and that was not for me. I'm not really interested in promotions based on attendance, and that is what I felt MY promotions had turned into. To each their own, maybe this is different for others.

Since training there, I have had the pleasure of training and getting utterly thrashed by friends at NTT, Saulo's, New Breed, Shawn Williams', and Brasa and I can say that I have never gotten my ass kicked harder than since I left. I would recommend any of the above stated schools to anyone.

Kevin