How much $$$ to train at Gracie Barra?

Brujo Jiu Jitsu in Orland Park is $120 for unlimited bjj, muay thai.

www.brujojiujitsu.net

CHO PESOGIIIIII!!!!

Brujo is pretty good, does Rose teach on a regular basis?

This school looks bad ass from what I have seen..

^^^^What school?

Kev...your 100% right!1 I apologize for getting ahead of myself and HB, no worries...

I too have been training a LOOOONNGGG TIME and see exactly what your saying about the promotions...funny....when one can trounce a guy 2-4 even higher belts above you, yet your held back,and for what- $$$$$

I guess I am at a loss of do I stay and train or finish with another BB somewhere and one day hopefully get that BB around my waist, in which for the amount of YEARS I've trained I should have had it already...lol

^ TapOutCoach- I think you and Kevin are saying two things.

Kevin is saying some of the promotions are too fast and they may not deserve it.

You are saying the promotions are too slow and you are being held back.

also keeping track of classes keeps people safe from "sandbagging" and is ranked on how much info he has taken in.

Can't believe I didn't see this until now.

1: There are a LOT of Gracie Barra schools. The quality of one will greatly depend on the actual instructor and the level of students present. I know they are trying to standardize their practices and what not, but many instructors flying the Gracie Barra flag have not actually trained under "THE" Gracie Barra.

2: For that matter many instructors who have trained at Gracie Barra DO NOT fly the Gracie Barra flag any more.

3: Poppa John, is a tough SOB who actually entered and won a number of competitions through brown belt rank to get promoted to black belt (albeit in Senior 5 or whatever the oldest age group is). He's a Vietnam combat veteran with several purple hearts, and his life outside of BJJ is wAY more interesting that it is in. Furthermore he has an enthusiasm for the sport twice that of many men half his age. It's a complicated story, but he is definitely distancing himself from Gracie Barra.

4: Shiloh, as far as your own training, if you are still in Huntington Beach you have some EXCELLENT options nearby. We (OntheMat) selected Cleber Luciano as our instructor of the year. He's consistently built a tough team around himself that all treat each other like family. Also, the Gracie Barra instructor at HB, Felipe "Jerry" Olivia is tremendous as well. Up until recently he was up north with us in San Francisco and he is sorely missed.

Frog-jitsu, you must have me confused with someone else. I have never trained a Cleber's.

:)

RED BELT

shen, let me ask then: have you ever rolled open mat at Tim's?

Man alive, tension. I'll take Gumby's word. Well respected BJJ player and black belt.

Frog-Jitsu - shen, let me ask then: have you ever rolled open mat at Tim's?

No, but I know Tim a little & I'm friends with Heather Ragsdale (tall Blue Belt), who I sent to Tim to learn BJJ.

papa jon = great pizzas

I pay 80 a month for Unlimited though Team Wolf Pack has a Team Discount due to all of our team going there...Its 150 if not...Mario Roberto's school in Indianapolis INDIANA BRAZILIAN JIU-Jitsu Academy..James Clingerman is the Head Black Belt instructor..Very good place for BJJ

Gumby! I was going to email and you ask about the place accross the street from OTM. I saw he was from Ralphs so I was going to hit you up.

My main reason for GB in lake forest was feistosa and the amount of classes, but the one in HB is 10 minutes from my house and directly on the path to and from work.

Shiloh - I forgot all about Felipe Jerry. Very cool guy with very good bjj and teaching skills. I actually think you'll get better at Jerry's than GB America.

hmmmmm thank you. i will check that place out.

no gi sundays on bolsa chica/warner.. semi private's.