I pulled 715 today!

Let it be said though that you can have all the power in the world but TIMING and LEVERAGE is what makes the difference in MMA.

"Lately I have been powerlifting to improve my BJJ/MMA game. My takedowns are currently subpar, as I only do BJJ, but with enough strength you can muscle anyone down."

Totally disagree. Technique will prevail over strength 9 times out of 10. Especially in bjj comps. Increasing your strength is great but it needs to be functional. Linear strength does not translate to combat sports.

If you are going to continue this I suggest you do plenty of dynamic stretching to keep yourself loose. Otherwise all of your lifting will actually hamper your game.

Nice lifts though. 700 dl and a 600 squat are very good at a 215 bodyweight.

"Form over pounds. Wont impress anyone with a f%#$ed up back. Especially full d/l from floor with a rounded back."

Rounding my back has never really presented any back problems for me. I keep my abs very strong, I do a ton of crunches and leglifts.

WABDL are usually a pretty far cry from the world records.  In the 220 weight class, Ed Coan pulled 903 for an IPF world record in the mid 90's.

715 is a big pull... congrats... I dont' know if you'll get anything from the suit, but it should help you get enough speed off of the floor so you do not have to hitch it at the end.  Are you pulling conventional or sumo?

I wonder how much weight Chuck can pull? I'd bet its not alot. I wonder how much Couture squats? I'd also say thats its not alot. Do you think that Fedor worries about how much he can curl? I doubt it. In fact I read that Cro Cop maxes out at 330 lbs. on the bench.

I believe that physical strength plays a part in MMA but it is not as important as technique or conditioning. There is also what I like to call "fighting" strength and that only comes from time spent on the mats and in the ring.

Thanks sgavin.

I am pulling conventional.

"World record holders are every day people who just so happen to be strong as hell."

Lol, NO.

Sorry but you're full of shit.

This is the same guy that said he personally witnessed Liddell benching 350x10 in multiple sets... and then ran from the thread when everyone raised the flag.

Do you not have anything better to do than post made up weightlifting stories? How vapid and sad.

That's my point. ;)

Wait, were you coming on to me...??? haha j.k.

715... that's not very much... i went to a gym once... and i saw guys doing WAY more than that... and some of them were smaller than me... and i'm only 160lbs!!!

I did 685 DL and 405 BP when I was 220pds. Great job!

Wheres the pics?

You still want pics? Leave the guy alone already. You make coming on the internet and bragging so hard nowadays! :)

Txmmaer, you are a beast man!

UGDouchebag, I could shrug more than you, bitch!!!1111 BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

WHERES THE PICS??

great fucking vid.

Later in life your back will thank you...

thats impressive man.

Tx mma'er,

wtf pics?