I think Tony is still fighting Khabib, here's why

On an aside, how rad will it be when Max wins, then fights Conor to reunify the divisions!?

Sir Psycho Sexy -
D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why would they take it this far to make a joke? You really think dana called up tony and convinced him to issue a statement that hes pulling out?

"(laughing/chuckling before he answers)TONY, It's Dana.  Listen, I've got a genius way to hype the fight, it will maybe take up 10 minutes of your time.  We know the history of this fight being cancelled, and how much hype there is for it.  I'm going to state that you got injured and have to pull out of the fight, but 145 champ superstar Max Hollaway will be filling in.  I just need you to go along with it until tomorrow.  If you can make a little apology tweet to add legitimacy even better. Trust me, all day people will be talking about UFC 223 and believe me Tony, people will tune in and the only one who will get shit for this is me as it's my idea, you were just in on it".

Yes, I very much can see that happening.

Its over bro. We need to accept that this fight is cursed. Let it go. We are all here for you. I know its fucked up, im devastated too, but its not good to live in denial.

Hope you're right, but this has gone too far now.

Da Nile is a river in Central Africa. I live in Tx!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10160150779805371&set=gm.10155584222138107&type=3

D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

Why would they take it this far to make a joke? You really think dana called up tony and convinced him to issue a statement that hes pulling out?

"(laughing/chuckling before he answers)TONY, It's Dana.  Listen, I've got a genius way to hype the fight, it will maybe take up 10 minutes of your time.  We know the history of this fight being cancelled, and how much hype there is for it.  I'm going to state that you got injured and have to pull out of the fight, but 145 champ superstar Max Hollaway will be filling in.  I just need you to go along with it until tomorrow.  If you can make a little apology tweet to add legitimacy even better. Trust me, all day people will be talking about UFC 223 and believe me Tony, people will tune in and the only one who will get shit for this is me as it's my idea, you were just in on it".

you aren’t fooling us on aprils fools day would you??? hehehhe

Morpheus1976 - 
D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

It's 100% for sure someone in this thread was fooled.  Tomorrow we will know lol

I think we all agree we hope it's not me.

D241 -
Morpheus1976 - 
D241 -
Sir Psycho Sexy -

It's 100% for sure someone in this thread was fooled.  Tomorrow we will know lol

I think we all agree we hope it's not me.

Lol.

This is one of the reasons I like having D241 around. 

Uh wrong 

Jesus fkn christ.

This seems real.

Kevin Randlemam once slipped and got his head on a pipe like 5 min before a ppv.  Shot can happen.  In still holding out for prank.

UFC is advertising it as Khabib vs Holloway in their sponsored Facebook ads now. It's real. Fuck.

This ain't no prank suckas. 

Joe Lauzon at the 3 minute mark ...

It seems real, but I can’t shake the feeling that you’d announce this injury that’ supposedly happened a while ago either before or after, but certainly not on April 1.

I cannot think of any advantage to announcing this today instead of April 2. 

I call bullshit. 

Many reasons why but mainly the fact Dana would absolutely bullshit about something like this. 

Tony as well probably. 

Probably because they know it wouldn’t get off the ground if they don’t say it’s not a April fools joke. 

Here’s why I think this is real and it’s pretty simple. There is no way in the world that someone like Dana or another power player in the UFC could not only come up with what would be a very clever joke like this is that would also be a damn impressive promotional tool while at the same time getting all of the dorks and loser wannabes in the MMA “media” to agree to be part of this and not spill the beans for 24 hours. Even Eddie Bravo calls bullshit on a conspiracy of this magnitude. Because you know as well as I do there would be at least one fucking nerd in the so called MMA media community who would spoil the joke for everyone else just to get his douchebag name out there. I think, unfortunately, this story is true and we’re going to see poor Max get the ever loving dog shit beat out of him in a few days.

Obviously  lots of flat earthers and conspiritards in this thread.

Think of the logisitics involved. Lots of fans have booked and are in the process of booking hotel rooms, flights, varius other tickets for activities in Vegas on fight week all based around the Khabib vs Tony fight happening, it would be completely retarded to pull a prank like this that will actually affect lots of people's plans around the whole event and affect lots of businesses as well. 

WattMell - He tripped and got injured while not training? Sounds like bs..
Randelman. RIP