If DFW died, rememered as the greatest man in mma?

Whistleblower, shut the fuck up!

Are you typing like your getting paid for the time youre wasting.

Bottom line:

1. Dana knew the UFC was for sale.
2. He told his good friends, The Fertittas.
3. Dana AND the Fertittas have now made this "spectacle" the fastest growing sport in the world, and have already started the process of making the UFC going GLOBAL.

TTT for BLAF making the UFC going GLOBAL! 

whistleblower - What exactly has Dana done to be "the greatest man in mma"?

Did he create the new rules that directly led to sanctioning and getting the UFC back on PPV?

No, he inherited them. The rules and original sanctioning had already been put into place under the previous owners before Dana ever took over, before Zuffa was even formed.

Did Dana save the UFC and bring it to its unprecedented mainstream boom?

No. What was responsible for saving the UFC - from going under into the $44 million hole that Dana himself had run the UFC into up to that point - was TUF. And not only was Dana not responsible for TUF, he was actually against it ever happening - except he was forced into doing it by the Fertittas and SpikeTV.

And TUF is what ended up entirely saving the UFC and single-handedly exploding it into the mainstream.

So again - what exactly has Dana done to be "the greatest man in mma"? Please be specific.

The most critical thing Dana ever did was tip the Fertittas off that the UFC was for sale in the first place - who then did the actual saving with their money, connections (especially with the NSAC), and decisions (especially to do TUF over Dana's objections).
Pretty much.

dking - Dana has truly changed the world view of MMA. He should definitely be remembered for his accomplishments. I may not like how he does certain things but I've got tons of respect for him

What did he do exactly to change the world of MMA?

Biizz - I know i'm just a newb and all but i'm pretty sure whistleblower just shit all over you guys.

WB is pound for pound one of the best posters on the UG. He isn't always right, but he has shit on too many guys to count. And I love when Orcus gets involved, he is the Green Goblin to WB's Spiderman.

Whistleblower, shut the fuck up!

Are you typing like your getting paid for the time youre wasting.

Bottom line:

1. Dana knew the UFC was for sale.
2. He told his good friends, The Fertittas.
3. Dana AND the Fertittas have now made this "spectacle" the fastest growing sport in the world, and have already started the process of making the UFC going GLOBAL.

Damn, really. Is that the BEST you were able to come up with?

dfw jr -  lol, guys stop wasting your time defending me against these goofballs. i didnt do anything, i made no decisions, all this was handed to me, i didnt want tuf, i am a figure head, etc, etc. WHO GIVES A SHIT :) not me. stop fighting with these dweebs and go to a thread that actually means something. thanks for the support tho!!!!!

TTMFT

^BLAF at his best!

BJJkilla - the fertita brothers deserve most of the credit

/thread

EPGScott - Without a doubt... no matter how much some people hate him, they have to admit this sport would not be what it is without him.

neither would jazzercize

Yep

dfw jr -  lol, guys stop wasting your time defending me against these goofballs. i didnt do anything, i made no decisions, all this was handed to me, i didnt want tuf, i am a figure head, etc, etc. WHO GIVES A SHIT :) not me. stop fighting with these dweebs and go to a thread that actually means something. thanks for the support tho!!!!!

Roy Batty - 
BJJkilla - the fertita brothers deserve most of the credit

/thread

Not according to Lorenzo... but, of course, you'll claim he's wrong.

Cindy

FEDOR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-fertittainterview010308

Interview with Lorenzo: 

Y!: The UFC president, Dana White, has become one of the biggest figures in the sport. But he's also controversial. What do you think of the job he's done and where can he get better? Has he ever said anything that just makes you groan and go, 'Oh, Dana,' when you hear about it?

LF: Bottom line, and I've said this before, but I don't think anybody could have accomplished what Dana has. It took somebody like Dana who's got street smarts, who doesn't pull punches, who speaks his mind, who never bull(expletive), to do this. At the end of the day, if we had taken a Harvard MBA and hired him in 2001 to run this company, we'd probably be bankrupt right now. There are so many things that are unconventional about this business. This isn't something you can read about and learn in a textbook. This is a business where, day-to-day, you have to be on the ground and you have to be on top of your game. Dana is that guy. I truly believe that Dana was put on the Earth to run the UFC.

Y!: Dana seems like one of those guys who, if you get on his bad side, you never get off. There was the whole thing with Matt Lindland, for instance. He's a fighter who by all rights should be in the UFC but is not. Do you talk to him about this and try to mediate any of these kinds of situations?

LF: We talk about different points, but Dana does what he wants to do. He's proven that he has great instincts and most of the decisions he's made have been for the best. Nobody is perfect, but I think Dana White has done a fabulous job building this company into far and away the industry leader and I'm not going to start telling him now how to do his job. He's proven he can do his job without me holding his hand.

......... yeah,  sure does sound like DW sucks=)

Cindy

Now there's a shocker. one of the majority owners talks up the guy they put in as the lead.

whoulda thunk :)

YES

whistleblower owns the thread as usual.

Except Dana came on here and called he and other people with a clue, "dweebs", so I'm sure his fanboys will come on here and claim victory.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - Now there's a shocker. one of the majority owners talks up the guy they put in as the lead.

whoulda thunk :)

Exactly! It's common knowledge that successful billionaires hire/appoint presidents and then keep them around even if they suck... for TEN YEARS=) LMAO!

Cindy