I'm so damn sick of osssss!!!!

My instructor is a BB under Roger and he refers to him as "Roger", not "Hoger". Phone Post

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Phone Post

Is it really any worse than people using the latest slang they heard just to try to sound cool?

Mr mofo -
Poncey - My instructor is a BB under Roger and he refers to him as "Roger", not "Hoger". Phone Post

Nick Brooks? I know he calls him Roger too. Phone Post

:) Phone Post

the karate fraud i 1st trained under said ossss but like it was a karate thing not a jiu jitsu thing.

It's not originally either a karate or BJJ thing Phone Post

Funny, just watched the new roger gracie documentary and his mother definitely pronounces his name Hoger Phone Post

I hate it.  Fuck OOSSSS. Its dumb.

Once again, ProfessOR also sucks.

Poncey - 
Mr mofo -
Poncey - My instructor is a BB under Roger and he refers to him as "Roger", not "Hoger". Phone Post

Nick Brooks? I know he calls him Roger too. Phone Post

:) Phone Post

i trained with a black belt from Roger in London who also called him Roger with the normal R sound

Koga - 

Funny, just watched the new roger gracie documentary and his mother definitely pronounces his name Hoger Phone Post

Link!! please

Good call on "Jitz". Fortunately I don't hear it that much.

I'm starting to feel the same way about the hang loose sign. It's in every damn BJJ picture! You can have three guys just talking, ask them to snap a picture and like puppets up go 3 hang loose signs. Phone Post

OOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

JasonKeaton -

Brofessor IMO. Phone Post

JasonKeaton -

Agreed Phone Post

When Roger first came over he told everyone it was pronounced as Hoger, now I think he prefers the more regular version. I used to train with him but haven't seen him for quite a while, so I still say Hoger out of habit. Phone Post

It would be great if it was used for bowing in and out of class but people use it do EVERYTHING!

I went to weigh ins for one of our guys mma fight and this semi-well known coach on the gulf coast was saying OSS for EVERYTHING! A guy would make weight, "OSS!!" Smiles. A guy would miss weight "OSS..." Shakes head with negative scowl on face. A guy walks up and says hello, "OSS", shakes his hand. A guy leaves "OSS!" waves good bye. Waitress walks up and ask them if they need anything "OSS" and he waives her off as if saying "no mam, we are fine at this moment."

I was already not a huge fan before but after that I completely removed OSS from my vocabulary. Phone Post

joshjitsu - 

It would be great if it was used for bowing in and out of class but people use it do EVERYTHING!

I went to weigh ins for one of our guys mma fight and this semi-well known coach on the gulf coast was saying OSS for EVERYTHING! A guy would make weight, "OSS!!" Smiles. A guy would miss weight "OSS..." Shakes head with negative scowl on face. A guy walks up and says hello, "OSS", shakes his hand. A guy leaves "OSS!" waves good bye. Waitress walks up and ask them if they need anything "OSS" and he waives her off as if saying "no mam, we are fine at this moment."

I was already not a huge fan before but after that I completely removed OSS from my vocabulary. Phone Post

My club bows out then says Oss, that's about the only time I hear it. LOL at the Waitress OSS

Mil Mascaras - Good call on "Jitz". Fortunately I don't hear it that much.

I'm starting to feel the same way about the hang loose sign. It's in every damn BJJ picture! You can have three guys just talking, ask them to snap a picture and like puppets up go 3 hang loose signs. Phone Post

Lol Yup that is exactly what happens. It would be better if they held the middle finger up instead Phone Post

can we address PORRA now?

This weird.

Osss, in my experience, is a term used by Japanese martial artist.

When I studied Enshin Karate (a style of Mas Oyama's Kyokushinkai Karate), years ago, we would say oss all the damn time. The dojo I trained at had many Japanese live in students who would constantly say that word.

It is weird how anti-japanese and anti-traditional some Bjjers are that now a Japanese expression commonly used in traditional Japanese martial arts is the big thing among Bjjers.

I'll be damn if I say osss ever again especially in regards to anything concerning Bjj.