Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

This place had some incredible trolls over the years. If you’re bored, google “Kimo dead” or check out the link below:

https://mmajunkie.com/2009/07/despite-recent-reports-ufc-veteran-kim-kimo-leopoldo-is-not-dead

TMZ and a couple other news outlets “confirmed” the dude was dead, only to find out later that day it was all bullshit, and it started from a thread on here.

1 Like
Rickmassmma - This place had some incredible trolls over the years. If you're bored, google "Kimo dead" or check out the link below:

https://mmajunkie.com/2009/07/despite-recent-reports-ufc-veteran-kim-kimo-leopoldo-is-not-dead

TMZ and a couple other news outlets “confirmed” the dude was dead, only to find out later that day it was all bullshit, and it started from a thread on here.

Haha I remember that like it was yesterday. That troll job got me soo hood I was scouring all over the inter webs trying to verify the claim lol

Ahhh...the good old days of the UG.  

1 Like

TTT

PartsGuy - 

Ahhh...the good old days of the UG.  

I always get nostalgic when this thread pops up. I was at my desk glued to this thread when it was first made. Waiting for the fight. The good ole days!

i miss those days of MMA. It was still the wild west. 

1 Like

I wish he hit us up with battle bots inside info here too

demcat - 

I always get nostalgic when this thread pops up. I was at my desk glued to this thread when it was first made. Waiting for the fight. The good ole days!

i miss those days of MMA. It was still the wild west. 

ttt!

didn OMA start the "kimo is dead" thing?

Are you kidding? Troll and troll job were established on this forum by 1996 when I came on here. Those terms were common long before 2004.

As a note, when I first came here, the board was called submission fighting . Com. I wasn’t sure it was legit and wanted to be able to make fun of it just in case. You were required to sign up in those days, and I signed up under the name Billybackdoior and trolled for a couple of years myself before coming back under the name Tully. Then, after a break, I came back as Dory.

ranier wolfcastle -

didn OMA start the "kimo is dead" thing?

He killed him with his bare feet iirc

Dory - Are you kidding? Troll and troll job were established on this forum by 1996 when I came on here. Those terms were common long before 2004.

As a note, when I first came here, the board was called submission fighting . Com. I wasn’t sure it was legit and wanted to be able to make fun of it just in case. You were required to sign up in those days, and I signed up under the name Billybackdoior and trolled for a couple of years myself before coming back under the name Tully. Then, after a break, I came back as Dory.

Alright mate, diddnt want you fucken life story. 

Gnomesayin?

In, to read later

I read that Kirik claims to have other camera angles of this fight. 

King Kong Bundy

1 Like

Too bad Gannon never fought Jorge

LOL, was just talking to an employee of mine (19 year old) last week about MMA and the topic of Kimbo came up. I referenced this thread and it pops up a week later!

ttt

Rickmassmma - Quick, funny story...the company I was working for had a company meeting that night, and all 25-30 of us from this retail location were supposed to be there. A couple people wrote notes on the whiteboard like "I'll be late, my babysitter can't arrive until 8:00" or something like that...I wrote a note that said "I might be late. I'll be at an illegal, underground street fight in RI."

The boss thought I was joking. I was late, and they gave me an employee of the month award. Threads like this remind me of when this place used to be fun.

This makes me miss the atmosphere this site had back in the 2005 days.  The ole mma.tv… how I miss you so 

1 Like