Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

LOL @ 30 seconds to get up.

ttt

Dory - 

King Kong Bundy

Hong Kong Phooey

dawley - 
Rickmassmma - Quick, funny story...the company I was working for had a company meeting that night, and all 25-30 of us from this retail location were supposed to be there. A couple people wrote notes on the whiteboard like "I'll be late, my babysitter can't arrive until 8:00" or something like that...I wrote a note that said "I might be late. I'll be at an illegal, underground street fight in RI."

The boss thought I was joking. I was late, and they gave me an employee of the month award. Threads like this remind me of when this place used to be fun.

This makes me miss the atmosphere this site had back in the 2005 days.  The ole mma.tv… how I miss you so 

Ive been Bumpin a few for ya all

Hong Kong Phooey - 
dawley - 
Rickmassmma - Quick, funny story...the company I was working for had a company meeting that night, and all 25-30 of us from this retail location were supposed to be there. A couple people wrote notes on the whiteboard like "I'll be late, my babysitter can't arrive until 8:00" or something like that...I wrote a note that said "I might be late. I'll be at an illegal, underground street fight in RI."

The boss thought I was joking. I was late, and they gave me an employee of the month award. Threads like this remind me of when this place used to be fun.

This makes me miss the atmosphere this site had back in the 2005 days.  The ole mma.tv… how I miss you so 

You`re doing a good job.

crowbar - 
Hong Kong Phooey - 
dawley - 

You`re doing a good job.

this

most excitement this forum has ever had

My God what a blast from the past!  I’m glad Gannon never derailed the Kimbo train

crowbar - 

That’s actually the traditional knockout time under London Prize Bareknuckle Boxing rules.

1 Like

Thank you for the education stud  ^^^^

Simultaneously fun and sad to read this thread seeing all those screen names but also that none of them post here anymore. 

I’ll never forgot this thread. Glued to my desk in college waiting for updates. I think it was one of the first live event signups I did to watch - anyone remember how it was streamed? Blah now married two kids and zero sleep. Time flies! 

GladiatorGannon -
crowbar - 

That’s actually the traditional knockout time under London Prize Bareknuckle Boxing rules.

What are you up for o now brother?  I heard you were no longer a police officer.

Ive always liked your insight into police work and your commentary in controversial incidence involving arrests that end tragically

crowbar - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuYq8hZZeGQ&has_verified=1

Just rewatched...Goddammit is Gannon a tough motherfucker full of heart.

Any significant injuries from this fight?  Tons of swelling, just curious if that translated to broken bones or was just significant soft tissue damage.

This fight was what brought me here and first started to get me lurking the forums.

1 Like

Did Gannon get the 10G's for winning that fight? 

What that fight must have done for Gannon and his reputation must have been crazy. Kimbo had a crazy reputation and Gannon comes along and finishes him in a crazy long fight.

Gannon ate some huge punches and just brushed them off, can't imagine how demoralizing that must have been for Kimbo.

I had forgotten that Gannon briefly dropped Kimbo earlier in the fight and then a bit later towards the end. He somehow never got dropped once, just ate those punches. Crazy.

Man what a great thread this was when happening, blast from the past

Fuckin epic 

Those were the days!